Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You can only raise rents if people are willing to pay the increase

If an area becomes "popular", more people will want to live there, and some of those people will have more money than others.

So if I'm a person who has made an investment in real estate, and my goal is to profit off of that investment, why wouldn't I take advantage of the rising popularity of my property? Again, I made an investment, I didn't start a charity.

Because when the value of that property increases the government isn't gonna show mercy and leave my property taxes alone.

See how easy that was to use critical thinking. And I didn't need a million dollar study or 3 TEDx talks to juelz myself. I just critically thought of the situation.

exactly that’s why I laugh at people who don’t have much money who say things like

“I dOnT gEt WhY nYc oR La ArE eXpEnSiVe”

and then follow up and say

“JaCkSoN, mIsSiSsIpI iS sO mUcH aFfOrDaBlE”

Daps
Then you take advantage of the plethora of programs available to first time home buyers and u work towards owning a house.

I've seen CNAs making 13 bucks an hour buy houses.

:mjlol:

At this deflection.

So your solution to rent profiteering is that everyone buy a house?

Forgetting how absurd that is, wouldnt that put #slumlordgang completely out of business?

I thought you were fighting on their behalf..

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You must be a slumlord somewhere.

Peasants like us are in favor of rent control because its the difference between having somewhere to live and being homeless. I know you six figure coli brehs cant relate to us, but some of us just want to live in one place more than 6 months at a time.

Every class group has a set of their greedy issues.

A lot of poor people who live in the projects or get rent control apartments refuse to step their game up financially only because they want to stay in their apartment forever.

That’s just as bad as a landlord being greedy to seek a profit.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Someone called that dumb ass post the best post on the Coli of all time. :mjlol:

Who cares that housing is becoming unaffordable, and that its taking up more than a third of peoples paychecks...Lets all cry for the real estate folks who can't maximize their profits:skip:

The Coli Capitalists. :manny:
Y'all are attackin' the wrong end. Rents go up. Salaries should also be goin' up. It's called inflation. And like folks also said, rents increase with the value of the neighborhood. Us real estate investors aim for those neighborhoods and buy because we expect rents to go up. The price one pays for a property, in part, is base on future revenue.

The problem is incomes for low & middle class folks are not increasin' at the same rates as anything else. That's an economic & political issue. It's a big corp greed issue. It's a small business wage issue.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhh...the repairs Section 8 forces an owner to make are requirements that the Housing Authority would require anyone who had a home inspected to make. The problem is most people that rent, dont get an inspector to come in to the property beforehand. Section 8 does. If he spent all his money on repairs, he shouldnt have been renting that place in the first place because it wasnt up to code. That or his rent should have been higher to offset maintenance fees.

Nah these are the repairs he had to make after he stopped renting the house.

He decided to sell it.

The girl living there had 5 kids under 13 and they wrecked that bytch. Busted windows, holes in walls, destroyed the appliances. Broken toilets. They carried it like they didn't give af about that house.

But I guess he deserved it for having the audacity to expect to make money from an investment

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

At this deflection.

So your solution to rent profiteering is that everyone buy a house?

Forgetting how absurd that is, wouldnt that put #slumlordgang completely out of business?

I thought you were fighting on their behalf..

That's the problem when u only think in black or white.

It's not unrealistic at all for people to own houses. Financial literacy should be mandated in schools, but the government....

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I’ve seen arguments that rent control doesn’t keep rent controlled it actually ends up driving the cost up since it puts a limit on the amount of rentable property.

Landlords suck but the real issue is wages not keeping up with the cost of living/ inflation.

rent control also drops the quality of life cause landlords will not fix up the buildings.

Daps
Every class group has a set of their greedy issues.

A lot of poor people who live in the projects or get rent control apartments refuse to step their game up financially only because they want to stay in their apartment forever.

That’s just as bad as a landlord being greedy to seek a profit.

Please explain to me how wanting to live in the same location for a long time is being greedy.

Please explain to me how having a stagnet income is being greedy.

I'm genuinely curious

:pachaha:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion

You don't think people are like that towards other people on this here damn forum?

People are fukkin' petty here and it's gotten worser over time. LOL.

nobody would ever claim to be an incel here but it's certainly a vast majority of posters, and obviously they portray their angst/jealousy towards others by being passive aggressive or pretending to overlook posts, even when it applies to them.

Shame how hard, not just this place, but message boards/forums fell the fukk off.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
People need to understand predatory slumlords are not the same thing as a homeowner. Thats like saying wolves are the same as Pomeranians. If there is rent control, then there needs to be tax assessment and property tax controls that can not exceed the rent control percent too at the very least.

The fact is that any place that has rent control needs to make homes that are NOT owner-occupied, property tax free.
524.jpg

Agreed. They're putting rent controls, but not capping taxes, utilities, maintenance fees, etc. It's omplete nonsense especially when you have a supply shortage.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
I've had to talk to 2 tenants this year about raising rent. Both of them got in before rent control so lucky for them they are paying much cheaper rent than they should be. One guy paying $500/month less the other $350. Neither of them wants to pay more rent. They just wanna stay there forever as the gap grows between what they pay and what they should pay. I'm seriously considering selling now. I lose money every year. They think I'm going to allow that for much longer? Then they'll cry bloody murder when they're out on the streets having to pay market rent. Don't take advantage of people.