Heating Up Some Nuggets To Go With My 'Big-Face Coffee'! | Official Miami HEAT (#8) vs. Denver Nuggets (#1) | 2023 NBA Finals Thread

YOUR WINNER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What if this is MPJ's 2012 Harden Finals?

Like am I bugging for thinking that he could be the reason the Nuggets lose this series?
Well he's shooting under 30% from the field and under 20% from three so far this Finals, coupled with godawful defense. He's gotta play better. KCP as well, he hit some HUGE shots for Denver in the WCF

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
12 seconds and two fukking timeouts. Extend the game and get an extra 2-3 possessions to tie or win

But that would make too much sense. Let's just settle for one shot at the buzzer :unimpressed:

Yet people get mad when playoff coaches get fired. These muthafukkas are DUMB, and can't manage a game for shyt

The narrative ALWAYS changes dependent upon if the ball goes in.

If you rush a shot to extend the game and miss the people are killing you for not taking the time to get a good look.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
12 seconds and two fukking timeouts. Extend the game and get an extra 2-3 possessions to tie or win

But that would make too much sense. Let's just settle for one shot at the buzzer :unimpressed:

Yet people get mad when playoff coaches get fired. These muthafukkas are DUMB, and can't manage a game for shyt

He's was gonna go to the basket, but Butler tipped the ball and forced him to go left into the step back.

He  had a clear lane to the rim, but it wasn't meant to be.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on

50/50 situation. Take a timeout, you allow the defense to get set and maybe end up having to take a tougher shot. I’m ok with the decision to not take a timeout. Jamal got a good look to tie it and just wasn’t able to knock it down. This is not one of those egregious head-scratching decisions that might call for someone to be fired. Just a gut call. What could warrant more scrutiny is how Malone calls his team out in postgame situations. If they respond well, no problem. If they don’t though that could be an issue.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if this is MPJ's 2012 Harden Finals?

Like am I bugging for thinking that he could be the reason the Nuggets lose this series?

Well he's shooting under 30% from the field and under 20% from three so far this Finals, coupled with godawful defense. He's gotta play better. KCP as well, he hit some HUGE shots for Denver in the WCF
Funny you should say that after Game 2 in this series because Harden was the best man on the floor for the Thunder in Game 2 in the Finals and the bench actually won their minutes handily.

It was the OKC starters that lost them that game and prevented them from going up 2-0.

But Harden haters of course made him the scapegoat for them losing the series so history was revised and now people misremember things.

Game 2 Box Score

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Strus was missing wide open looks from 3 that every team we’ve played will tell you that he can hit consistently.

The Nuggets were not playing good defense, we just weren’t hitting.
I brought this point up in the middle of Game 1 :francis:
If I'm Miami, I'm not worried about the offense because they're missing a ton of open shots. I'm more worried about defense. They gotta figure out how they want to defend Joker because they're reacting to his every movement and losing sight of their own man. They're not gonna win defending him this way.
No, they shouldn't. They're getting available shots and missing them, which means their offensive movement is where it needs to be. Obviously, if they continue to miss open shots that's an issue...but it's a make or miss league. You can only set your team up with the best opportunities and hope the shots fall.
They did a much better job sticking with their own man (in addition to the zone) in Game 2. Also helped that Vincent wasn't out there guarding Gordon :dead:

bright black

All Star
Daps
heat 4th qt lineup broke the nuggets offense. jokic was the only one that could get a shot and even those was hard shots he got to go in.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
The first 2-3 minutes of the 4th is what made the difference. Braun fukked up and gave up a wide open 3, and gave up a wide open lane to the basket. All the momentum flipped and didn't look back.

Miami defense made it difficult for Murray to get his shots off. Porter Jr was just missing his shots.

miami made the necessary adjustments for game 2. Time for Denver to make the necessary adjustments for game 3.

its also the damn finals... With 2 days off in between..everyone in the starting lineup should be playing 42 minutes minimum lol. Denver, and Miami's best players should be playing the entire 4th quarter.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Were either Bam’s goaltend on Murray or Jimmy’s stepping out of bounds before passing to Gabe for a 3 challengeable calls? I think the Nuggets finished the game with two timeouts and no challenges taken in the second half.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Were either Bam’s goaltend on Murray or Jimmy’s stepping out of bounds before passing to Gabe for a 3 challengeable calls? I think the Nuggets finished the game with two timeouts and no challenges taken in the second half.

I think they were challengebealenle, but I don't think anyone noticed Denver noticed until well after the fact.