Heating Up Some Nuggets To Go With My 'Big-Face Coffee'! | Official Miami HEAT (#8) vs. Denver Nuggets (#1) | 2023 NBA Finals Thread

YOUR WINNER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
After Game 1...
The overreactions are hilarious.

Miami should have lost this game by 50.

Denver
- was WAY more rested
- playing at home
- is the #1 seed

Miami
- was coming off LONG grueling series
- not adjusted to altitude yet (jumpers short)
- is the #8 seed

Efficient star games from Joker and Murray. Big games from Gordon and Bam. Trash games from Jimmy, Caleb, and Strus.

Next game...

More Highsmith
More Love
More hitting OPEN looks

Game 2 promises to be much more competitive.

giphy.webp

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Were either Bam’s goaltend on Murray or Jimmy’s stepping out of bounds before passing to Gabe for a 3 challengeable calls? I think the Nuggets finished the game with two timeouts and no challenges taken in the second half.
I don’t think so. They were both non-calls and you have to have a call to challenge.

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
If the Heat win this series, this ring will carry more weight than most any ring ever won, perhaps ever. Mostly because of the overall talent discrepancies Miami has had to go through to get to this point. The only other that may measure is Bron's Cavs beating the 73-9 Warriors after going down 3-1, and even then, everybody assumed and expected LeBron to go to the Finals.

I'd imagine the only series the Heat have been "expected" to win, if any, was against the Knicks and NOBODY had Miami going far enough to play them.

04 Pistons VS Lakers was better. Mind you, they almost swept a prime Kobe and Shaq with zero superstars on the Pistons. They won that Finals with lockdown defense and grit.
:ufdup:

pistons-championship-2004.jpg

2004-pistons.jpg

Last edited:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Porter Jr never really developed his game. He still can’t dribble, still cant finish at the rim, still can’t pass, still has no in between game and on top of that still gets lost on defense. So why are they paying him all that money for? He’s a 3rd option yet all he can do is spot up and shoot? :snoop:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Porter Jr never really developed his game. He still can’t dribble, still cant finish at the rim, still can’t pass, still has no in between game and on top of that still gets lost on defense. So why are they paying him all that money for? He’s a 3rd option yet all he can do is spot up and shoot? :snoop:
So he's basically Duncan Robinson if he was a lottery pick!
:mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Thankfully for the Nuggets, they get to go play in front of the worst crowd in the NBA

I expect two easy victories and the most fair weather fans in sports to leave the arena by the middle of the 3rd quarter

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
AD is more naturally gifted, has better shot blocking instincts, and he’s more physically gifted but Bam has better positional defense probably due to being undersized.

Bam is also a much better passer than AD as well.

Bam is their most important player but Jimmy is the best because he puts the batteries in the back of the others.

I’ve said this numerous times that the only reason we can play guys like Duncan, Martin, and Gabe is because Bam is a legitimate defensive anchor and could be a DPOTY candidate.

He’s not consistent enough to be number one scoring option on all nights but his role as a release valve playmaker supercharges are offense. His passing and screen setting is worth more than a few more post moves
That's why it sickens me when dude has a bad offensive game and everybody starts calling him a bum. He's the backbone of the whole defense. Yea he can be frustrating sometimes when he's not being aggressive. But he exerts so much energy defensively it's not surprising he tends to fall back on the offensive end. You only have so much stamina for a full game. You gotta coast a little at some point.