Honestly, what impact has Beyonce had on R&B or Hip Hop?

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm not a Beyonce fan, per se, but I'd consider her '03 "Dangerously In Love" classic. She's released a lot of classic hood rat with relationship problems singles. "Irreplaceable," the song itself "Dangerously In Love," "Single Ladies," "Halo," "Crazy In Love," "Irreplaceable,""Upgrade U," "Drunk In Love," "If I Were A Boy," and quite a few more songs that were extremely popular with thots when the came out. Every albums she's released has went at least platinum. I'm not sure where y'all folks live where hoes don't obsess over her. I mean, if you don't remember any popular Beyonce songs thoughout the years, you must haven't been listening to any music over the past 16 years or so. I don't particularly give af about her music but you'd have to be living under a hole to not remember anything she's released throughout the past decade-and-a-half

I was coming in here to type this exact same thing. She been holding commercial r&b on her shoulders for a while and never gets credit for it. She's one of those people you won't appreciate until it's officially over.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
OP made a good argument. Outside of a few classic singles and shows, Beyonce really hasn't impacted the game nor does she has that one classic album. I agree, she is the only one carrying R&B and I applaud her for that. But when we talking strictly music, we gotta keep it 100.

Ya'll saying its not fair to compare her or anybody to MJ but I hear industry cats say all the time now that she has surpassed MJ as the greatest entertainer of all time. So if we're gonna go that far, then we need to judge her accordingly. Where is her album that compares to Thriller? I'd even knock it down a step, where is her album that compares to Off the Wall?

She's had successful singles but like someone said earlier, thats nothing. Anybody can sell singles. Didn't Soulja Boy make millions off of Crank Dat? Singles don't mean a thing. Her albums have been very mediocre.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Jay said in an interview abiut 10 yrs ago that Bey was the first time he heard RnB rapped. Like she sings but she speed sings like shes rapping. I can't remember if she did it first or not but I think that style became popular around the time she came on the scene. He referenced the No, No, No remix with Wyclef in that interview.

Honestly tho, Beys popularity for yrs came from the fact that so many women wanted to be her. She admitted right when she dropped tge Beyonce album that she never had a classic (she said DIL maybe could be a classic but not really). I think Bey knows why she was damn near worshipped and wanted to earn it by perfecting her craft. Her music is so much better now. Its like when she took the yr off before going solo to learn how to dance and lose weight. She knew she struggled in that area and worked to perfect it. Now shes one of the best performers to ever do it.

Daps
I don't know to be honest.

I don't really hear the sevyn Streeters tinashe, kehlani, Zendayas of the world credit her as part of their influences. I'm sure they would all like to work with her, but:yeshrug:

Mostly aaliyah/Janet jackson

I don't think her discography is really all that.

Outside of Lemonade she don't really have any other album that the general public would view as a classic album.

People gotta stop comparing her to mike.

Mike dominated the charts for like 4 decades & have at least 3 classics albums under her belt, his influence/impact on the industry was a lot bigger as well.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know to be honest.

I don't really hear the sevyn Streeters tinashe, kehlani, Zendayas of the world credit her as part of their influences. I'm sure they would all like to work with her, but:yeshrug:

Mostly aaliyah/Janet jackson

I don't think her discography is really all that.

Outside of Lemonade she don't really have any other album that the general public would view as a classic album.

People gotta stop comparing her to mike.

Mike dominated the charts for like 4 decades & have at least 3 classics albums under her belt, his influence/impact on the industry was a lot bigger as well.

Facts