Horus/Jesus and Christianity

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MaLi said:
Most of us know that Moses received the 10 commandments from God on Mt. Sinai. This occurred during Exodus in the OT. Biblical scholars say the time period of Exodus can vary from 1450 bc,1313 bc, 1250 bc, and even as late as 2000 bc(quick google search may confirm more).
Ancient Kemet/Egypt society living under the laws of Maat since at least 2500 bc. The 42 negative confessions on the Papyrus of Ani spells out guidelines for individuals to live by. 10 of those negative confessions are rewritten into the 10 commandments that Moses supposedly received from Yahweh on Mt. Sinai.

Yahweh told Abram to circumcise the males as a sign of their covenant correct? But this tradition had been going on in Africa since before time of Abram (2900 bc or 2000 bc according to scholars).

If ones foundation is the OT, shouldn't they question the OTs foundation?

@King-Over-Kingz

There may or may not have been an actual person by the name of Moses, but that fact is lost to history which we can never revisit. All we can go by are documents that have been redacted several times by several different people for different ends which were, themselves, originally stories orally transmitted over centuries. The connection between Egyptian religion and Judaism is tenuous. The Pentateuch's purpose, from reading the text critically, is actually a criticism of all the religious traditions of surrounding civilizations.

The Papyrus of Ani is not where the 10 Commandments came from. When researching the Ancient Near East, one has to keep in-mind that ALL civilizations in the area had a shared ideology so, the Commandments compared to the Negative Confessions is not indicative of anything other than that. To put it another way: if you ask someone to list 100 things they find deplorable then ask someone else to list 10 things they find deplorable, you'd probably get the same results as comparing the Papyrus to the Commandments.

Matter of fact, if you actually read the Papyrus, it is evident that the 10 Commandments are not derived from it.......

Egyptian Book of the Dead

Circumcision is no different as it existed among all Semitic people as well as non-Semitic people on other parts of the globe such as Australian aborigines. The difference is the significance attached to it by those practicing the ritual.

As far as questioning the OT's foundation, you've been able to do that for over 50 years by going to Harvard, Yale, Cornell, etc. or, by reading the exhaustive literature on the subject written over the last 2,000 years. So, pretty much from day one it's been questioned.

De omnibus dubitandum.

Last edited:

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
So say everyone in the world spoke English only ... one language .. what do you think will happen once we all scatter and speak in different tounges about the same thing...

Genesis 11:4-9
King James Version (KJV)

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

MaLi

Pro
Daps
There may or may not have been an actual person by the name of Moses, but that fact is lost to history which we can never revisit. All we can go by are documents that have been redacted several times by several different people (are they trust worthy in your opinion?) for different ends which were, themselves, originally stories orally transmitted over centuries. The connection between Egyptian religion and Judaism is tenuous (According to which scholars and researchers? Do reputable African/Melanated scholars believe the connection between the two is tenuous, or is this personal opinion based on your research?.). The Pentateuch's purpose, from reading the text critically, is actually a criticism of all the religious traditions of surrounding civilizations (INteresting... I will read it again after I'm done with my current books. Any particular verses you're referring too?)

The Papyrus of Ani is not where the 10 Commandments came from. When researching the Ancient Near East, one has to keep in-mind that ALL civilizations in the area had a shared ideology (Which civilization was first to share their ideology? My research says Nile Valley Africans had our earliest civilizations, and spread their knowledge afterwards... ) so, the Commandments compared to the Negative Confessions is not indicative of anything other than that. To put it another way: if you ask someone to list 100 things they find deplorable then ask someone else to list 10 things they find deplorable, you'd probably get the same results as comparing the Papyrus to the Commandments.

Matter of fact, if you actually read the Papyrus, it is evident that the 10 Commandments are not derived from it
(Maybe I miss-typed.. The 42 negative confessions come from Ancient Kemet.. Ancient Kemites/Egyptians practiced Maat/42NC circa 3000bc.. Judaism wasn't a belief system until Moses circa 1200bc. Abram lived circa 2100 bc, and was told by God to start circumcising males. Who else practiced this custom before Ancient Egyptians? Both these men went into Egypt. Moses was a student in the Egyptian school system. What are your thoughts on Akenaten's Hym to Aten compared to Psalms:104? )
Egyptian Book of the Dead

Circumcision is no different as it existed among all Semitic people as well as non-Semitic people on other parts of the globe such as Australian aborigines (Who practiced it first/earliest? From what I've seen, its ancient Africans/Egyptians. And the "Near East" was sometimes under African rule during ancient times). The difference is the significance attached to it by those practicing the ritual.

As far as questioning the OT's foundation, you've been able to do that for over 50 years by going to Harvard, Yale, Cornell, etc. or, by reading the exhaustive literature on the subject written over the last 2,000 years. So, pretty much from day one it's been questioned.

De omnibus dubitandum.

(most Black/African scholars have questioned, and done research on this topic. I look to them as a foundation, and do my own research from there. However, for some reason they aren't seen as reputable, or they're deemed "afrocentric" with a negative tone... Common sense and our history tells me our scholars are more truthful than other sources, But I have colder ice just in case ours isn't doing the job:mjpls:

- This lecture sums up what OP is asking about pretty well in my opinion...

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MaLi said:
are they trust worthy in your opinion?

As trustworthy as any other ancient documents from that time when textual criticism is applied. One doesn't read a didactic poem in the same way one would read an epic poem.​

MaLi said:
According to which scholars and researchers? Do reputable African/Melanated scholars believe the connection between the two is tenuous, or is this personal opinion based on your research?.
Bruce Metzger, Michael Heiser, Nahum Sarna, Yehezqel Kauffman, Alan Segal, Alexander Heidel, and several hundred others that I haven't read. This is not personal opinion as I have to abide by the research of those more educated than I on the subject.​
MaLi said:
INteresting... I will read it again after I'm done with my current books. Any particular verses you're referring too?
Exodus 20:3 & 12:12, Deuteronomy 6:14, Psalm 86:8 & 135:5 off the top of my head. The OT is full of references to other 'deities' and religious practices, usually derisively.​
MaLi said:
Maybe I miss-typed.. The 42 negative confessions come from Ancient Kemet.. Ancient Kemites/Egyptians practiced Maat/42NC circa 3000bc.. Judaism wasn't a belief system until Moses circa 1200bc. Abram lived circa 2100 bc, and was told by God to start circumcising males. Who else practiced this custom before Ancient Egyptians? Both these men went into Egypt. Moses was a student in the Egyptian school system. What are your thoughts on Akenaten's Hym to Aten compared to Psalms:104?
All the people in the Ancient Near East had a shared belief system so, pretty much, everyone believed in the same things to some degree or another and attached differing significance to rituals. Akhenaten's Hymn resembles Psalm 104 for the same reason. The Papyrus of Ani dates to about 1240 BCE, so to say what the Kemetians/Egyptians practiced (and why) nearly two millenia before it was written down is pure conjecture. As far as what other civilizations practiced circumcision prior to (or without influence from) Egypt, one would only have to look at Australia and the South African Xhosa tribe. As far as Moses' & Abram's exploits, who knows with any degree of certainty? Egyptians didn't record losses/defeats and had a habit of erasing 'embarrassing' episodes from their history so there's no way to cross-reference those stories for historicity. One other thing: The Aten was only worshiped by Akhenaten and his immediate family. Everyone else worshiped other 'deities'. He died around 1334 BCE (800 years AFTER Abram supposedly lived and about 140 years BEFORE Moses) and Aten-worship died with him.​
MaLi said:
most Black/African scholars have questioned, and done research on this topic. I look to them as a foundation, and do my own research from there. However, for some reason they aren't seen as reputable, or they're deemed "afrocentric" with a negative tone... Common sense and our history tells me our scholars are more truthful than other sources, But I have colder ice just in case ours isn't doing the job
Nothing wrong with being 'Afrocentric'. The issue lies in how far one is willing to go to prove a point. I've found that some of them tend to not be objective enough while others tend to outright obfuscate/misrepresent history......like claiming certain Greek scholars studied at the Library of Alexandria BEFORE it was even built. The only one I've found to be really dependable is Cheikh Anta Diop.​

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
People kill me when they attempt to compare Krishna to Jesus.....just stop it. Krishna wasn't born of a virgin :snoop:

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
It's been proven most writings were adapted to conform to make people seem more like Jesus. Even still Jesus is the ONLY one to be born of a virgin and resurrected (documented) from the dead (osiros/horus or whatever his name is never stepped foot above ground after his death).

People say they are all similar but the truth is they are not alike.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
They are all corrupted forms of an Ancient African religion.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kersey Graves and Gerald Massey.

Google them and tell your 'friends' to do the same.​
There are so many people and books attempting to debunk graves and massey...

So if he googles..... he more than likely will find the people saying they are wrong, unless you want him to not think that Jesus is an adaption of earlier figures.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So, you're talking about 100,000 BCE which is before writing/civilization existed. So, what evidence do you have to support your claim?

:popcorn:

"Like most behaviors that are found in societies throughout the world, religion must have been present in the ancestral human population before the dispersal from Africa 50,000 years ago. Although religious rituals usually involve dance and music, they are also very verbal, since the sacred truths have to be stated. If so, religion, at least in its modern form, cannot pre-date the emergence of language. It has been argued earlier that language attained its modern state shortly before the exodus from Africa. If religion had to await the evolution of modern, articulate language, then it too would have emerged shortly before 50,000 years ago."[14]