How long till you realize that SirBiatch is right about Live.Love.ASAP?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Classic.

I wouldn't call it THE album cause lyrically it doesn't blow my mind. Which is to say he left the lyrical lane open for someone to be the champ in that category. I love it overall though.

Lyrically i feel like the game is wide open waitin for someone to show how it's done. Even Kendrick doesn't turn phrases like that even though he's nice. Everyone's kinda bullshyttin

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
It's an 8/10 project.

I don't know why you refuse to be okay with that.

I'd rather you agree to it being a solid 8 or 8.5 and tell us it's a personal classic, rather than claim it's some sort of new school bible.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I didn't even know dude was the one who did 'fukkin Problemz' until I seen his vice doc and downloaded Live.Love/Long.Live :mjlol:

Always thought it was a southern cat like 2chainz...:patrice:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love the album, but I honestly like the new album more. Might not be as influential...but I enjoy the direction of the production more and felt he took more risk that worked. I feel the album is criminally slept on and im personally regarding it as a classic.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I wouldn't call it THE album cause lyrically it doesn't blow my mind. Which is to say he left the lyrical lane open for someone to be the champ in that category.

truf

Lyrically i feel like the game is wide open waitin for someone to show how it's done.

totally agree. Though I don't see this happening anytime soon.

But if more people follow Rocky's example, it'll change the game. I'm sure there's a kid out there that thinks Live.Love.ASAP is incredible when it comes to beats and flow, but can see the rhymes themselves are kinda filler. So hopefully that kid will do a project as strong as Live.Love.ASAP but come with better rhymes.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I liked all three projects but the first one is clearly the best music wise. :leostare: The second seems like he just made it to please everyone and the third is the most hard to get musically unless you like rock a lot (see Joe Fox, his singing and chords used) and other genres. I liked it but then again I like a lot of depressing albums that would appall many exclusive hip hop heads. :jbhmm:To make it worse the vision for the group seems unfocused and not as unified as it should be, esp. compared to groups of the past. I asked myself why he doesn't push himself more and improve himself and promote himself more? :lupe: My thoughts are this - I think he may be a little to left of center for the industry. :patrice:Add Kanye , Charles Hamilton, Lil B, Cudi to that group as well. Popular, fashion forward kids who are not quite street enough for the tastes of the average rap fan. :mjpls:Rocky doesn't seem to like the industry from what he says in interviews... and I can't blame him ... esp. after he went on BET (Dress Gate :jawalrus:) people found reasons to hate. To me he's trying to pull a Kanye Jr. :yeshrug:and exit into fashion / other ventures where it seems more comfortable.

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
It's an 8/10 project.

I don't know why you refuse to be okay with that.

I'd rather you agree to it being a solid 8 or 8.5 and tell us it's a personal classic, rather than claim it's some sort of new school bible.

8.5/10 is a fair rating. I'm comparing that to all hip hop albums I've ever heard. Live.Love.ASAP is easily better than 85% of hip hop albums I've ever heard. I'd even put it at 9/10. It doesn't get 10/10 obviously because of the rhymes.

Albums like Supreme Clientele are 13/10 because they have EVERYTHING (superb beats, flows and rhymes). Rocky just had superb beats and flows. Kinda like Slum Village on Fantastic Vol 2.

Like I said, lots of people are getting hip to Live.Love.ASAP as a classic now. It's going beyond the reach of 'personal'. Trust me on this.