Hulu's....Wu Tang: An American Saga Official Thread 9/8

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
The whole dropping 1 episode every Wednesday thing is gonna push a lot of people away . I feel like they should’ve kept it at 3 every Wednesday.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
From what I read some of it is Cappdona hence him replacing Cap on the Ironman cover.
Nah it's not a fictional version of Cap. Cap is in the show. He's the dude beefing with Divine over Stapleton and Park Hill while they're locked up. He raps the Winter Warz verse in either episode 1 or 2.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Jah Son represents either an amalgam of people or a specific person that would have been down with Wu for the whole ride if he/they hadn't been killed before Wu started blowing up, like 2 Cent or Kase.

edit: actually, didn't Rae call him "2 Cent Jason" in Heaven & Hell? Jason = Jah Son. Think it's 2 Cent.

Last edited:

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County
WE gotta talk about how RZA been killing the soundtracks for both the doc and the show

I need to hear the clan rappin on this joint

It sounds like trademark RZA but with 2019 tech and equipment

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
WE gotta talk about how RZA been killing the soundtracks for both the doc and the show

I need to hear the clan rappin on this joint

It sounds like trademark RZA but with 2019 tech and equipment

The beat that was playing during this past episode when they were selling weed in the park was straight heat. Not sure if it was RZA or not but if it was then I don't know why that wasn't the type of shyt he was giving the Clan on the past few albums

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County
I
The beat that was playing during this past episode when they were selling weed in the park was straight heat. Not sure if it was RZA or not but if it was then I don't know why that wasn't the type of shyt he was giving the Clan on the past few albums
gotta play that episode again I don't remember that

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
From what I read some of it is Cappdona hence him replacing Cap on the Ironman cover.
that's weird since they show cappa a lot in jail, I don't see why they needed to make the jah son character

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I'm on EP-4 now and this shyt is fire! It's wild that the breh playing ODB isn't his son based off how accurate he's portraying him. Hopefully he'll get more screen time in future episodes.

Shamiek is doing a good job as Rae, not as accurate but he making it work. Ghost's actor is decent but looks nothing like him except for having the same hairstyle and beard.

I knew Rae and Ghost weren't friends before WU but i didn't know that they're beef was that DEEP! Them dudes were on some wild shyt back then. You wouldn't tell based off them being real tight all these years, being the closest outta the group.

I never thought Dave East could pull off being Method Man but he makes it believable.

The shows captures the energy and look of the early 90's really well.

I just wonder how far they're gonna go with they're lives/careers....is it gonna be on some Smallville shyt that just cover shyt until they become Wu Tang or will they cover shyt post 36 Chambers and they're success? If they do then they might end up having atleast 5-6 seasons

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think Jah Son represents either an amalgam of people or a specific person that would have been down with Wu for the whole ride if he/they hadn't been killed before Wu started blowing up, like 2 Cent or Kase.

edit: actually, didn't Rae call him "2 Cent Jason" in Heaven & Hell? Jason = Jah Son. Think it's 2 Cent.

But Case was the one that was Erric Garner'd. I was hoping they'd put that in there. But from the interviews, they've been combining 3-4 different incidents for time, so you could be right.

The cast seems to be thinking that they're getting a second season. I hope so....cover 94-95

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But Case was the one that was Erric Garner'd. I was hoping they'd put that in there. But from the interviews, they've been combining 3-4 different incidents for time, so you could be right.

The cast seems to be thinking that they're getting a second season. I hope so....cover 94-95

they still in 91 ... by the episodes titles and how they moving... the finale will still be in 91 or early 92.