Hulu's....Wu Tang: An American Saga Official Thread 9/8

ticol165

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode 4 kinda felt boderline fillerish

I appreciate kinda showng what Ghost was dealing/thinking with but overall after giving the first 3 episodes all at once and this is the first of the weekly shows, this didnt feel like it progressed the story enough

We still dont know much about GZA, Meth, ODB, and Deck still hasnt shown up

Then again it is 10 episodes so we gotta let it breathe

I cant believe Im saying this but somehow focusing on so much on RZA, Ghost, Rae and Divine and the drug war wthout a little B Plot or something for the others has gone from being facsinating to dare I say......boring?:patrice: I might be bugging though

this whole series/show so far is :russell::russell:

Acting is pretty bad, the story is so progressively slow, they should've studied the NWA movie manual(Make it straight to the point). Unless your a diehard Wu-tang fan(which i am) u would absolutely no idea what the fukk is going on, whos who......they should've just kept the story to that BRILLIANT Showtime Documentary cause this is terrible. like a lifetime special:mjlol:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Acting is pretty bad, the story is so progressively slow, they should've studied the NWA movie manual(Make it straight to the point). Unless your a diehard Wu-tang fan(which i am) u would absolutely no idea what the fukk is going on, whos who......they should've just kept the story to that BRILLIANT Showtime Documentary cause this is terrible. like a lifetime special:mjlol:

I hear you. Its definitely moving very slowly. Too much unnecessary detail that should happen off screen. Like them selling weed on Wall Street should not have been so detailed.

Good for us die hards, but not casuals.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny the nikkas that hate the doc, love the show. And the nikkas that love the show, hate the doc.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The show and the doc are different, so I fukks with both.

The show seems to be told from the perspective of the Wu-Exec hierarchy, that being RZA, Divine, Ghost & Power, so that's is why they are getting the most shine. Wu began with them. I think they're doing a great job of intertwining their stories, and their relationship to RZA.

Cap, Deck & Uey still locked up, so that eliminates a lot of Meth's screentime. But ep 7 is supposed to be his episode. MK doesn't come in until later, and GZA is being GZA. Just from the show, it seems they're only going to get the Enter the Wu.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I hear you. Its definitely moving very slowly. Too much unnecessary detail that should happen off screen. Like them selling weed on Wall Street should not have been so detailed.

Good for us die hards, but not casuals.
I disagree tbh - I’m big Wu fan so I know there story from Enter the Wu onwards. I’m loving the background to the characters pre 36 Chambers and seeing where these dudes came from. I would’ve personally hated seeing them hit all those album touch points so quick as we know that story already. Give us all the behind scenes shyt that we don’t know about.

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're obviously aiming for multiple seasons hence the slower pace, but I agree they're giving too much screen time to the wrong things. Take things slow by all means but use that time to explain the more interesting aspects of the story so far.

Don't like how they changed certain aspects of the story either like for example making RZA only have 3 or so siblings when there's like 11 of the motherfukkers in real life. The vibe in his crib with all of them in there with all the visitors too must've been a lot different to how they're telling it in the show. Ghost must've had at least one kid by then too

Speaking of ghost, they fukked up with his casting in this.. The one playing him just doesn't carry that mix of intimidation and charisma (pause). That's meant to be the same motherfukker who would break your jaw and spit some shyt like cancun catch me in the room eating grouper? Naaah, not buying it

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County

You nikkas complain about everything. Prolly the same low intellect Ritalin nikkas that didn't like wire season 2.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The way it was released was dope. Give you 3 eps, let you see a bunch of members, then allow the anticipation and suspense to build up for the rest. Hell, the last scene with Ghost walking towards you, on some what is he gonna do next, was excellent. While the actor does not have the charisma or presence of Ghost, the show is doing a great job at showing how unhinged he really is.