Hulu's....Wu Tang: An American Saga Official Thread 9/8

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, you not bugging. Shaquan is his five percenter name. And he confirmed that Shotgun was what they used to call him back in the days. He says his family called him that because when he was a kid he was always running around with this toy shotgun he had.

That’s what I thought. Must have chose a name that was close to Shotgun as possible

In his book, RZA said he chose Rakeem (Ra) cause it sounded like Rob so his mom wouldn’t know he threw Christianity in the bushes.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Maaaan, this 4th episode was the best one yet. This kid playing Ghost making me a believer.

One thing I will say is that despite most of these dudes not really looking that much like the Wu members physically, they definitely got most of their mannerisms down pat.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RZA lived in Staten. GZA is from Brooklyn and is the reason why he's not shown much in these early episodes. ODB I guess frequents both sides. Brooklyn is only a short ferry ride away from Staten.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ghost's episode was the best so far. He has the mannerisms, they all do, but he doesn't have the voice or the presence. But he's still doing a great job.

"I glide like there's simply no traction on the floor."

You notice that Divine, Power, Mathematics are all in the credits? And Crooked is a writer. I wonder if Street's name will show up. He's the last one

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Episode 4 kinda felt boderline fillerish

I appreciate kinda showng what Ghost was dealing/thinking with but overall after giving the first 3 episodes all at once and this is the first of the weekly shows, this didnt feel like it progressed the story enough

We still dont know much about GZA, Meth, ODB, and Deck still hasnt shown up

Then again it is 10 episodes so we gotta let it breathe

I cant believe Im saying this but somehow focusing on so much on RZA, Ghost, Rae and Divine and the drug war wthout a little B Plot or something for the others has gone from being facsinating to dare I say......boring?:patrice: I might be bugging though