I can't front, I'll lose a bit of respect for Floyd if he fights Amir Khan next

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not smaller than Floyd, though. I'd say he'll have at least 1-2 inches on him. It's kind of like the Manny/Rios situation. They were listed at 5'7 and 5'8 but when they actually stood next to each other...
pacquiao-rios-boxing.jpg
DG and Mayweather are probably similar in height.
Advantage - Mayweather's shoulder roll defense.

DG is also significantly lighter than Mayweather.
Advantage - Mayweather.

Mayweather is also the faster, better overall fighter.

Look, Floyd's a great fighter. Probably the best in the world, regardless of division.
But let's not act like this dude should be getting props for beating Robert Guerrero, Victor Ortiz and an over-the-hill Shane Mosley.

Floyd gets credit for making Canelo Alvarez look hopeless. And he gets credit for taking good hard punches from Miguel Cotto.
But no one else he fought in the last 6 years was a serious threat.
And yes, that includes Marquez...who didn't belong at Welterweight. And Floyd came in overweight anyway for that shyt.

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville

DG is also significantly lighter than Mayweather.
Advantage - Mayweather.

Look, Floyd's a great fighter. Probably the best in the world, regardless of division.
But let's not act like this dude should be getting props for beating Robert Guerrero, Victor Ortiz and an over-the-hill Shane Mosley.

Floyd gets credit for making Canelo Alvarez look hopeless. And he gets credit for taking good hard punches from Miguel Cotto.
And yes, that includes Marquez...who didn't belong at Welterweight. And Floyd came in overweight anyway for that shyt.
Yeah, but you can make that argument for every fighter in his weight class. Who's fukking with Floyd's defense and speed? He's pretty much cleaned out the division at this point. The only two fights that would be remotely interesting imo would be Manny and Bradley. Also, I don't believe that DG is significantly lighter than him since Floyd has stated that he walks around at 150 pounds while DG cuts weight to make 140.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but you can make that argument for every fighter in his weight class. Who's fukking with Floyd's defense and speed? He's pretty much cleaned out the division at this point. The only two fights that would be remotely interesting imo would be Manny and Bradley. Also, I don't believe that DG is significantly lighter than him since Floyd has stated that he walks around at 150 pounds while DG cuts weight to make 140.
Nobody is in the division that can match Floyd's speed.
Maybe Manny, but I have a feeling he aged A LOT in his last 2 fights with Marquez.

And Manny doesn't have the defense to stay with Floyd.
Floyd wouldn't knock Manny out, but he'd ride a unanimous decision, probably.

I skimmed the thread, so I don't know exactly what was written.
I think someone posted that a Mayweather vs Sergio Martinez would never happen because Sergio is affiliated with HBO now.
Fair enough.

And my hypothetical Mayweather vs Andre Ward comment was just me kidding around. That would never happen --- they're too far apart.

Maybe a Mayweather/Bradley fight would make money. But Bradley didn't even beat Pacquiao, no matter what that bullshyt decision said. So I don't see him taking Mayweather down.

Honestly, the best fights that can be made right now don't include Mayweather.

I'd rather see a fight between Cotto/Martinez/Alvarez.
Any combination of those fighters would make an interesting fight to me.

Keith Thurman is an interesting guy at Welterweight though. I'm curious who he fights next.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
for some reason i felt as soon as maidana beat broner they would put maidana in with a fighter who has not really been put out there yet and needs just that one more standout performance against somebody with a little more of a name. i dont think he would be out in with floyd just yet. to me the scenario that makes the most sense was thurman/garcia vs maidana and i feel like garcia will get the push over thurman. i feel thurman might end up becoming a ducked fighter. garcia vs maidana puts garcia in a position to become a lot more known and have a true elite status and maidana if he were to win would be the undeniable opponent to fight floyd after the type of wins hes been putting together. i dont think either of them can be put in with floyd yet though its too soon and they would both be more marketable for that fight regardless of outcome if they were to fight each other. theres one more scenario which is the safe route if they want to protect garcia which is to put him in with malignaggi. but that could blow up in their face malignaggi is a lot more dangerous to garcia on a style basis then people realize.

that leaves really only one man for floyd to fight and thats amir khan. at this point who else could it be. maidana is probably the only other fighter who could have a big fight with floyd right now at this exact moment but they would be smarter to throw him in with a fighter like danny garcia to build both of them up more first

basically its

thurman/garcia vs maidana
and floyd vs khan

winners fight again in the second half of the year

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for some reason i felt as soon as maidana beat broner they would put maidana in with a fighter who has not really been put out there yet and needs just that one more standout performance against somebody with a little more of a name. i dont think he would be out in with floyd just yet. to me the scenario that makes the most sense was thurman/garcia vs maidana and i feel like garcia will get the push over thurman. i feel thurman might end up becoming a ducked fighter. garcia vs maidana puts garcia in a position to become a lot more known and have a true elite status and maidana if he were to win would be the undeniable opponent to fight floyd after the type of wins hes been putting together. i dont think either of them can be put in with floyd yet though its too soon and they would both be more marketable for that fight regardless of outcome if they were to fight each other. theres one more scenario which is the safe route if they want to protect garcia which is to put him in with malignaggi. but that could blow up in their face malignaggi is a lot more dangerous to garcia on a style basis then people realize.

that leaves really only one man for floyd to fight and thats amir khan. at this point who else could it be. maidana is probably the only other fighter who could have a big fight with floyd right now at this exact moment but they would be smarter to throw him in with a fighter like danny garcia to build both of them up more first

basically its

thurman/garcia vs maidana
and floyd vs khan

winners fight again in the second half of the year
You have an interesting point about Thurman possibly being a ducked fighter in the future.

Paul Williams was like that for years. Nobody wanted to fight him.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
So Khan who sits on the sidelines instead of fighting Devon gets a shot at Floyd. Nope, I won't buy it. fukk Khan and his imaginary "huge uk fanbase". When those ppv #s come back looking :flabbynsick: CBS/Sho gonna hit Floyd with the :ufdup:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
thurman got no type of ethnicity lol i remember corrales trying to come out with the mexican flag for fights earlier in his career because hes mixed i believe just to try to get more appeal but thurman i dont even know what kind of fanbase he could appeal to at all. dangerous fighter with no sort of fan base

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

DG is also significantly lighter than Mayweather
Adbantage - Mayweather

This is false, Danny actually rehydrated and outweighed Floyd on fight night of "The One"

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science