I can't front, I'll lose a bit of respect for Floyd if he fights Amir Khan next

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am not opposed to the Khan fight like some of you are but I am also not all that interested in it either. I am just resigned to the growing inevitability of this being Floyd's next fight.

I will be curious to see how GBP markets this fight though. The standard operating procedure for promoting Floyd's fights is to hype up the opponents chances of landing a KO blow on Floyd but that isn't really something that you can realistically do with Amir.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I am not opposed to the Khan fight like some of you are but I am also not all that interested in it either. I am just resigned to the growing inevitability of this being Floyd's next fight.

I will be curious to see how GBP markets this fight though. The standard operating procedure for promoting Floyd's fights is to hype up the opponents chances of landing a KO blow on Floyd but that isn't really something that you can realistically do with Amir.

They're gonna claim that he was still young when he lost to Prescott, and then they're gonna blame Freddie Roach for the KO loss to Danny Garcia for "not teaching Khan defense", and then they're gonna insinuate that Peterson was on PEDs and Peterson was awarded the hometown decision because Khan fought Peterson in his "backyard".

Just watch how they spin it to Khan's basically an undefeated fighter like Floyd tried to do for Cotto:heh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They're gonna claim that he was still young when he lost to Prescott, and then they're gonna blame Freddie Roach for the KO loss to Danny Garcia for "not teaching Khan defense", and then they're gonna insinuate that Peterson was on PEDs and Peterson was awarded the hometown decision because Khan fought Peterson in his "backyard".

Just watch how they spin it to Khan's basically an undefeated fighter like Floyd tried to do for Cotto:heh:

That Peterson fight was bullshyt tho:yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
That Peterson fight was bullshyt tho:yeshrug:

True.

But the entire spin they are gonna pull is gonna be miraculous. Floyd said "in my eyes, Cotto's an undefeated fighter" and had people running around quoting that:heh:

I'm telling you, they're gonna be able to make much more money with Khan than with Maidana. Virgil Hunter is already praising Julio Diaz like he was a tough opponent that Khan overcame:dead:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
True.

But the entire spin they are gonna pull is gonna be miraculous. Floyd said "in my eyes, Cotto's an undefeated fighter" and had people running around quoting that:heh:

I'm telling you, they're gonna be able to make much more money with Khan than with Maidana. Virgil Hunter is already praising Julio Diaz like he was a tough opponent that Khan overcame:dead:

I wouldn't count Maidana out...Mexicans will back him big time cuz of his style, being camp Garcia, his power N the sonning of AB

It would do a lot better then Ghost that's for sure...just imagine the 30 sec PPV commercial Maidanna dropping Khan, Ortiz, Lopez, Soto Karass, AB, casuals will be :ohhh::gladbron:

If Khan gets the nod they goin milk that Maidana W big time

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't count Maidana out...Mexicans will back him big time cuz of his style, being camp Garcia, his power N the sonning of AB

It would do a lot better then Ghost that's for sure...just imagine the 30 sec PPV commercial Maidanna dropping Khan, Ortiz, Lopez, Soto Karass, AB, casuals will be :ohhh::gladbron:

If Khan gets the nod they goin milk that Maidana W big time

Alot of "pure" Floyd haters and racists would ride with Maidana as well, thinking that because he "got rid of" AB that he could do it to Floyd too:ohhh:

You might be on to something there:lupe::ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I am anticipating something along the lines of "Floyd has never faced a fighter with the boxing skill and hand speed of Amir Khan...Khan may even be faster than Floyd!" because they have not her attention getting options when it comes to selling Khan.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm about 98% certain he's NOT fighting Khan on the 3rd. He does this little okie doke move every single time in the lead up to his opponent selection, where he throws out dudes like Khan or Devon Alexander as :troll:bait and have nikkas all :scusthov::why::mindblown: :wtf: as a slick method of boosting up the stature up the slightly less sub-par opponent he had in mind all along. So when he does choose the lesser of the evil, he'll then have nikkas like :whew: "at least it wasn't (fill in the blank) I'm now pumped for this fight!" :stylin:

It's going to be either Maidana or Garcia. I'll put actual money on that.

All Star
Daps
:scusthov:

We have what, 3 fights left and Floyd might retire? I aint tryna see him waste one on A Mere Con.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Floyd is rumored to fight Danny Garcia next.
It's not surprising. Floyd has a habit of picking on smaller fighters. Floyd is fighting at 154 these days.
Why not ask one of the middleweights to come down?
Because he probably knows he doesn't want to take on that kind of power. And he doesn't want to fight a 154-pounder who has a height advantage over him because they could punch over his shoulder roll...neutralizing that defensive mechanism.

I'm sure the argument will be that there isn't a "money" name in the middleweight division though.
:manny:

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
Floyd is rumored to fight Danny Garcia next.
It's not surprising. Floyd has a habit of picking on smaller fighters. Floyd is fighting at 154 these days.
Why not ask one of the middleweights to come down?
Because he probably knows he doesn't want to take on that kind of power. And he doesn't want to fight a 154-pounder who has a height advantage over him because they could punch over his shoulder roll...neutralizing that defensive mechanism.

I'm sure the argument will be that there isn't a "money" name in the middleweight division though.
:manny:
You'll be surprised at how much bigger Danny Garcia actually is than Floyd once they're next to each other. Don't believe the stats.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine if Floyd ever went up from 154 to 160...and convinced Andre Ward to drop from 168 to 160.

:mjpls:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You'll be surprised at how much bigger Danny Garcia actually is than Floyd once they're next to each other. Don't believe the stats.
DG isn't very big.
And more than that...he's got no business fighting above Junior Welterweight anyway. His power won't translate up there.

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
DG isn't very big.
And more than that...he's got no business fighting above Junior Welterweight anyway. His power won't translate up there.
He's not smaller than Floyd, though. I'd say he'll have at least 1-2 inches on him. It's kind of like the Manny/Rios situation. They were listed at 5'7 and 5'8 but when they actually stood next to each other...
pacquiao-rios-boxing.jpg