I Honestly Believe That Justice League/JLU Is The Best Cartoon Of Our Generation

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If they put the John Stewart Green Lantern in the Live Action Justice League movie he NEEDS to be played by the homie Idris Elba...:salute:

And cast Charlize Theron as Hawkgirl so they can have meeting that we never got to see in Prometheus:shaq:

A few years ago when it was first announced, Common had won the part of Jon Stewart.. That was around the time dark knight was made

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
main reason jlu ultimately failed was the greatness that it embraced as becoming a legit adult drama complete with love stories and violent swerves. mcduffie dogg didnt dumb down the storylines and kids and their limited grasp on certain situations got thrown in the bushes.

How did it "fail"?

In terms of ratings it was a huge success, and even got an extra season.

Just because it eventually ended doesn't mean it failed - most American cartoons aren't meant to go on indefinitely. Usually they're planned to go 26/39/52/whatever episodes and that's it, regardless of ratings.

I don't think JLU failed at all, it was a very popular and successful show.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
that last episode brehs when Darkseid returns is so piff
"Super or otherwise you are merely man and I am a God''
"the skies will reign fire the oceans will boil the streets will run red with the blood of billions only then after your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life Let's Go''

Lex Luthor: Brainiac I'm coming! :blessed: People, meet your new lord and master! :krs:
Darkseid: :birdman:
Luthor: :huhldup: :why:
Darkseid: It seems I have you to thank for my return. Though your world will suffer slowly, I grant you a quick and painless death. :demonic:
*blows up their fortress*

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Grodd gettin blown out the airlock :damn:

nikka got that alien queen work, but got capped by Luthor first to take over the operation :dead:

Show was ruthless :why:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I loved Unlimited (especially John:salute:) but one of my pet peeves about it is how they treated Sinestro.

Dude is one of my favorite villians and he only got a few lame lines in a few episodes:why:

He had an episode dedicated to him with GL on Superman TAS.

Juven

All Star
Daps
As I tend to say in every one if these threads...X-Men the animated series is way down the list behind all of the Bruce Timm helmed DC Animated Universe shows (including Superman), Gargoyles and Young Justice.

down the list? you mean like #1 as in its the goat show? b/c the apoc series alone is better than all those shows (gargoyles?? :stopitslime:)

had the best characters + stories. You felt like shyt was going down. I liked the old batman, but xmen is the goat. They have the eps on nextflix.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs is it me or does superman get dat azz beat with regularity outchea? :damn:

I think they use him as a measuring stick to show how powerful the bad guys are, i mean this nikka getting worked damn near every episode :damn:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
down the list? you mean like #1 as in its the goat show? b/c the apoc series alone is better than all those shows (gargoyles?? :stopitslime:)

had the best characters + stories. You felt like shyt was going down. I liked the old batman, but xmen is the goat. They have the eps on nextflix.

You must not have watched Gargoyles fam.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
Brehs is it me or does superman get dat azz beat with regularity outchea? :damn:

I think they use him as a measuring stick to show how powerful the bad guys are, i mean this nikka getting worked damn near every episode :damn:
yea..that was intentional in the first jl season according to the writers..
but 2nd season on:stylin:

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
I just downloaded the entire series off the strength of this thread

been meaning to check it out for the longest

I grew up on Batman TAS and Superman TAS, by the time JL animated series dropped I was into b1tches and was running them streets

Now that that hormonal phase is over and i'm :flabbynsick: I can get back to enjoying what I love the most

:ahh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Your dismissal of Gargyles calls into question your credibility in this matter.

And X-Men had the absolute worst voice acting in all animation...bunch of overly melodramatic bad accented nonsense.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just downloaded the entire series off the strength of this thread

been meaning to check it out for the longest

I grew up on Batman TAS and Superman TAS, by the time JL animated series dropped I was into b1tches and was running them streets

Now that that hormonal phase is over and i'm :flabbynsick: I can get back to enjoying what I love the most

:ahh:

You will eat good bruh:win:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just went through this entire thread and how has no one mentioned THE QUESTION yet?

or Powergirl? :troll: