I quit my job 2 weeks ago. Got offered 2 positions but...

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Don't know what to do. Both are state jobs in completely different sectors. One job is straight up office desk in which I never had. Another is similar to what I use to do but I dont necessarily work directly with people - but definitely more responsibility (nice pay upgrade).

Im leaning towards the office desk job as I work mostly alone and don't have to be responsible for others because I am just tired of working with people. From fukking retail, to geriatrics and previously adolescent teens. The better pay job deals more directly with adults, but even then I am just burnt out. The office job would be a lateral move as the pay is only slightly better than my previous job. Yall think I am making the right move?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
how old are you, do you live alone, what was your old job?

Why not take the higher pay job? The office job can be straight ass.

What do both jobs consist of?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
how old are you, do you live alone, what was your old job?

Why not take the higher pay job? The office job can be straight ass.

What do both jobs consist of?
36 and single. Old job I worked in a state juvenile facility that had multiple long-term treatment units. I was a swing shift supervisor for the adolescent sex offender treatment unit.

Higher paying job is with the state public assistance. The office desk job is working with department of safety. The office job definitely seems more intriguing as I will work closely with state officials and local police departments.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
36 and single. Old job I worked in a state juvenile facility that had multiple long-term treatment units. I was a swing shift supervisor for the adolescent sex offender treatment unit.

Higher paying job is with the state public assistance. The office desk job is working with department of safety. The office job definitely seems more intriguing as I will work closely with state officials and local police departments.
Office position sounds good.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Go for the office job. It’s a change of pace and it’s something that intrigues you