I think both Marvel & DC have made too many tv shows.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Movies are one thing. And even one tv show is another. But pumping out tv shows left and right is too much. Before you give one show a chance to build a loyal following you drop another one with new characters.

The only show I'm loyal to 100% is AOS.

It seemed like a good idea but eventually you get inhumans. A show that nobody asked for.

I agree with you. If I'm not mistaken in 2012 the only comic book shows were Agents of Shield and Arrow.

5 years later and now there's at least 15 comic book shows in production right now. They even tried to bring Heroes back.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Kinda happens eventually with everything. From books to media.

Now everyone wants another GoT. Which to be fair, isn't bad, you'll just get an influx of bad and good. shyt like the Inhumans was just a bad idea out the gate...both with the writing and presentation. Bound to happen. Iron Fist was ironically horrible. But with the bad, comes the good. And so long as it outweighs the muck, we'll be fine.

DD, JJ, LC, and Punisher have a loyal fan base already, and Punisher hasn't even come out.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I watch Gotham every week becausee that's the only 1 that I've managed to keep up with, being that it's only 1 show.

The entire CW Lineup with The Arrowverse is totally different. I'm currently 1 Season behind on everything and have taken a break from Supergirl/Arrow/Flash/Legends Of Tomorrow because it's so much to keep up with but I'm in the middle as far as Numbers go.:manny:

Last season of Arrow was one of the best season of Arrow in a while. They took a lot of the focus away from the Felicity/Oliver relationship and we finally got a villain arguably on the same level as Slade Wilson. I don't watch Supergirl but imo Arrow had the best season in the Arrowverse last year.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
If the quality of the shows was better I wouldn't mind that there were so many super hero shows. Last season the only one I watched week to week was AOS and Arrow. AOS season was only ok. The past 2 season it had the best villain of all the superhero show so I can see why it took a drop off. Arrow made a comeback and I binge watch most of the other super hero shows. So far this season The Gifted is the best super hero show on TV. I am so far behind on the Netflix Marvel show that it will probably take me a while to catch up. I tried to follow them in order and right now on episode 2 of Luke Cage.

Daps
This is what I can't understand. They have hundreds (maybe thousands) of comic book stories to tell on these characters. How can they put out shytty stories? :mindblown:
The storytelling should be top notch and that may be the worst part of all these shows (except Daredevil and early seasons of Arrow/Flash).

Didn't even think about this bUT you're right

I'm still in awe like :ohhh: that they let Arrow decline so much in quality in seasons 3 and 4.

That really amazes me. Somebody there had to have known that stuff was trash when they first got the script.

And like you said where are the DC and Marvel og's when this stuff is being written?

Both companies should have some type of quality control management in place to protect the integrity of their intellectual property

I understand you want to put these shows on TV and you don't wanna restrict the showrunners.... but screen that stuff first! :hhh:

And the showrunners need to stop being so arrogant. Stop thinking their way is the only way and they need to thoroughly RESEARCH the source material!

I'm still amazed at how confusing and convoluted the xmen movie time line is :francis:

And Iron Fist was trash. Defenders was meh

I'm seriously hoping Marvel can get that old thing back with punGOAT but... :francis:

And what the hell is happening to Flash? The season premier was so bad that I skipped episode 2. Not sure if imma watch it tomorrow either :hhh: