"If a dude uses Groupon on our date, I will kindly walk out, my make-up & outfits are too expensive"

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I understand that saving money has never been "sexy", but that's an odd reason to leave the date immediately.

I guess she doesn't want ppl to think that her man is broke. The irony is that he's doing what broke people dont do... saving money

I'll spend money on dates and stuff cause relatively if you earning it's not a lot, and just like everything you have to be calculated in your impressions. Is it worth it cost wise to spend a certain amount but give an impression she may not approve of. Eventually you have to test that she's down for doing the savings. At the same time you have to show you are down to splurge on her here and there.

But the turning point with me and my girl was when she knew I could pay something but was considerate of the costs and started thinking frugally in relation to our future. Especially when I made it clear I need to plan for my/ our future so I could take care of us. She'll catch up financially as well as she will be a dentist by profession. Graduating August.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
around here we go for coffee or grab a drink. i haven't paid for a date in ages... no woman i've met has a problem with that

I was with my boy and his girl of a few months recently and we were talking about dating and he goes "but doesn't the guy usually pay?" his girl goes "not in my experience" I'm :mjlol: cuz I can cosign her (he kind of a simp). The modern dating scene has many levels. The girl above (OP) is the type to be chased she feels like prize and you gotta win her affection... If that's the game you play then go for it and hopefully you claim your prize. :manny:

or you can get together with someone that actually wants to get to know you cut to the chase and proceed from there. First date in my experience should be as general as possible. Meet and greet type easy casual hang. Gauge the interest and attraction then go from there.

My boy I mentioned above used to take every first date damn near to dinner. It is an expensive habit and a waste of time. It is also harder to get a quick out once you settle for a meal. I like having the option to bail quick cuz I'm an a$$hole like that. :manny:

case in point took this ethiopian girl on a date... first date she wanted to golf I was like chill let's just grab a drink after work first n chat... at some point in the conversation things start to get weird she's telling me she wants dark babies.. :dahell: (i'm a dark nikka) :whoa:

I baby sat my drink didn't order another n just made an excuse to cut early :whew:

don't be caught simping out there

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
chick i used to go to school with :mjlol:

peep the ether after :lolbron:

s/o to the young bull with the lillard shot :wow::wow::wow:

portland.gif

the BK fish sandwhich is terrible, very bland..but I did try the new spicy one which was better

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
groupon is a scam. often times retail is much cheaper than their "deals"