"If Drake stopped releasing it would affect the entire genre of Rap.If Kendrick never released again nothing would change"

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Hip Hop is bigger than any artist. As a culture it will continue to grow and create new opportunities for other artists regardless of who steps down or disappears.

We literally have the blueprint for this in Big and Pac both dying. The 2 biggest artists in the game yet their deaths were followed by new sounds, styles and gave space for artists like Jay and DMX to grow into who they ultimately became.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
And Biggie and Pac dying gave Jay the platform to do that. Signifying a change. Things CHANGED after Biggie and Pac died. Anyone that says otherwise is being disingenuous. We probably wouldn't have had whole movements without the death of those 2. It's literally proving the threads point. If Drake disappears. There will be an impact. Good or bad. shyt may get BETTER after. Who knows. But shyt will definitely change. With Kendrick. Not so much. Because he disappears anyway. It's not about Drake being better than Kendrick. Drake isn't better than Kendrick.

I've got no problem with this. Except I cant think of an argument that Drake leaving would be bad for the game.

I seen posts on twitter acting like Drakes disappearance would be this somber black cloud and I disagree. All the regions that Drake keeps "borrowing" from will be able to just push their own artists. Every empire is always followed by another, it keeps the genre fresh.

but yeah in the short term, Drake leaving would be felt more

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I never claimed any of that. I just said he been using different styles and experimenting for a while now. So I'm not exactly sure what else he can do different

I also like how yall are blaming him for singlehandedly blaming him for "diluting rap" like the myriad of crash dummies putting out mediocrity is helping it

Dude already got exposed for ghostwriting it didn't affect him much, so hes going to keep the tents active. Also Kendrick literally lost a lawsuit for stealing a song :dead:

I didn’t say the dilution was single handed but according to his Stan’s him being so influential and prevalent would mean he has the biggest hand in it no?

The “biggest rapper ever” sings half the time and is picking his songs off a conveyer belt.

If it’s about the industry (the racket) I completely understand “missing Drake”, if it’s about the culture, the art form that’s a different story.

Last edited:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Drake the flake getting baked is why this thread even exists. Look at what those disses generated. Regardless of which side of the fence you're on, you can't deny the impact Drake still has on the culture. Not only is this the first time we're seeing diss records generate this kind of attention, but we're looking at all these dudes falling out with Drake and records from multiple artists going at him. He's still a huge factor. Sure, there's millions of other artists to listen to. Drake probably isn't making my playlist, but him never making another record would still affect Hip Hop.
Threads existed before and after Drake. Kendrick himself has at least 100 with his name in the title pre-beef. Notice your last sentence? Drake isn't making your Playlist. As with many others here. Why? Because he is not hip hop! He has no power over how we consume this. It affects the business. It doesn't affect the culture.

Having said that. We will eventually move on from Kenny too. He will get his flowers not just for being a dope artists but for repping the culture to the fullest at a critical juncture. What if the Pac shyt would've stood?

What if the womanizing narcissists parents weren't addressed on record for literally being anti family, willfully pushing every stereo type of how rappers/black men treat women? He didn't just address them, he reminded yall/ us what hip hop is.

The imitation of American violence this cac really said to the man born and raised in Compton "shout out to my real bangers Chris brown and them"🤣. Regardless of how dumb we think gangs are, those that know don't play with that shyt. No one he named can put anyone on, let alone save him. If he was a civilian he would be food.

So yeah, if any affect is to be felt, it would be a positive one for us real hip hop heads. Less pollution in the atmosphere.

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Y’all need to stop saying this. Kendrick had one long drought, partly due to the pandemic. Before that he dropped 10, 11, 12/13, 15, 17, 18
kendrick lamar has 4 albums in 12 years and a throw away unmastered album. thats hardly a lot my guy.

drake has atleast 12 projects in the last 12 years

Pandemic stopped kendrick from dropping besides only 1 album in the last 6 years? stop it my guy

I personally prefer kendrick music but the nikka really ain’t that active

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Threads existed before and after Drake. Kendrick himself has at least 100 with his name in the title pre-beef. Notice your last sentence? Drake isn't making your Playlist. As with many others here. Why? Because he is not hip hop! He has no power over how we consume this. It affects the business. It doesn't affect the culture.

Having said that. We will eventually move on from Kenny too. He will get his flowers not just for being a dope artists but for repping the culture to the fullest at a critical juncture. What if the Pac shyt would've stood?

What if the womanizing narcissists parents weren't addressed on record for literally being anti family, willfully pushing every stereo type of how rappers/black men treat women? He didn't just address them, he reminded yall/ us what hip hop is.

The imitation of American violence this cac really said to the man born and raised in Compton "shout out to my real bangers Chris brown and them"🤣. Regardless of how dumb we think gangs are, those that know don't play with that shyt. No one he named can put anyone on let alone save him. If he was a civilian he would be food.

So yeah, if any affect is to be felt, it would be a positive one for us real hip hop heads. Less pollution in the atmosphere.

Drake is still considered a Hip Hop artist. That has nothing to do with why he isn't making my playlist. He has a couple of albums that I actually like.

If Drake didn't affect the culture, none of these artists would waste time dissing a culturally irrelevant artist. He does not have power over how we consume music. His music does, however, have power moreso influence over the artists who create music as evidenced by why we got all those disses and how these artists went at him.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
kendrick lamar has 4 albums in 12 years and a throw away unmastered album. thats hardly a lot my guy.

Pandemic stopped kendrick from dropping besides only 1 album in the last 6 years? stop it my guy

He has 5 albums and unmastered, and having 12 albums full of mid ain’t a good thing. And yes, Kendrick clearly would’ve dropped in 2020 but he ain’t the type to drop and not tour so it got pushed to 2022. And by all accounts he’s dropping this year

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

idk how you managed to quote the wrong poster but you are retarded for this post

first of all 12 mid projects doesn't mean shyt to me

secondly

2011 - section 80
2012 - gkmc
2015- to pimp a butterfly
2016 - that "throw away unmastered" album that is better than any drake album
2017 - damn
2018 - black panther soundtrack

throw in whatever work he did on compton, mans was probably writing jay rock's classic album

then global pandemic happened and he waited to drop. there was definitely chatter that kendrick was gonna drop in 2020/2021 before that shyt happened. oh well i don't even really like that album as much as his others anyway.

but stop with the bullshyt. :camby:

you are braindead if you think any artist besides drake, who is a microwave mid bullshyt artist with a whole writing staff, is more active than that.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I didn’t say the dilution was single handed but according to his Stan’s him being so influential and prevalent would mean he has the biggest hand in it no?

The “biggest rapper ever” sings half the time and is picking his songs off a conveyer belt.

If it’s about the industry (the racket) I completely understand “missing Drake”, if it’s about the culture, the art form that’s a different story.

The "culture" and "art form" been lost in the sauce long ago

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Kendrick release schedule is like typical big time artists. Put out an album, have a run with it, and then take 3-5 years in between.

The problem is bum ass Top and Punch believed that the entire TDE is that caliber of artist and it really fukked up the label.

Smh we got fukked out of a lot of music bc of those two bozos :pacspit: