In order to make it in the corporate world you basically have to take it up tbe ass. So why try?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Serious Question:

Have you ever "made it" in the corporate world? Every job you've had seems to be retail and you are a (really good) visual artist.

I can tell you that a lot of "corporate jobs" you have to Emotional Intelligence and be able to do the work. It's not about what you wear or sucking up to your boss. It's understanding people, getting the job done, motivating people, etc.

Yes it's bullshyt sometimes but I can tell you (as a manager in a corporate environment in a publicly traded company, responsible for 13 people, 6 figure earner :blessed: ) that I come to work each and every day and never have I felt that I compromised my integrity to get here or stay here. :yeshrug:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Many years ago i worked at this retail job being a assistanr mamager and my manager would always kiss the district manager ass, laugh at his corny jokes and bullshyt stories and then a few months later the district manager came in and told my manager that he and a few other store managers will be getting servance pay cause they making changes they was thinking about doing 6 months ago..

I started laughing and rolling all over the store..i told my manager u had the nerve to sit up here and kiss this dude ass when he knew at the time u was out of a job...

I just shook my head and left..that's why i never kiss ass to anyone
Right? That ass-kissing yes man shyt is for the birds, and ain't worth a damn. I let the quality of my work talk for me while maintaining a cordial and professional relationship with my superiors and peers

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
And that's what the Coli is. People taking bullshyt like this serious. Dis nikka wrote an essay to make an excuse to not work or look for a job. He reminds me of my homey back in the day I did music with who didn't want to work and said "If people see me at the register at Food Lion or waiting tables at Ruby Tuesday my rep gets hit." So he just stayed home all day drank and smoke and lived off his girl who gave him an allowance.

We no longer make music together btw.

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
:picard: doggie, you figuratively take it in the ass just to post on thecoli
3-4 or more hours a day emoting all this shyt like a rank beginner
i mean, how pitiful does the rest of your life have to be..
where showcasing yourself to the world as a low-functioning internet addict
..is considered "okay"??:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:picard: doggie, you figuratively take it in the ass just to post on thecoli
3-4 or more hours a day emoting all this shyt like a rank beginner
i mean, how pitiful does the rest of your life have to be..
where showcasing yourself to the world as a low-functioning internet addict
..is considered "okay"??:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
Actually retard I'm teaching myself video editing right now on a lavish office over looking skyscrapers.

It took me 5 mins to type that. Alot of u coli dudes have to realize ...I'm not y'all...I'm intelligent. I can come up with a philosophical thought on in matter of mins

Just because all y'all do is waste y'all loves being bottom feeders....don't throw me onto that group

I'm one of the greatest minds to grace the earth. I'm one of the most talented men to ever exist

I'm not Y'all

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In the tech world you have to find a company with the right cultural fit for your style of work and always improve your skillset.

I never kissed ass. I have always been hungry though and that goes a long way.