Is it a good idea to do push-ups everyday?

wooled1

All Star
Daps
Nah breh, you'd end up looking weird and and your lifts would end up real uneven. If all you can do is body weight, focus on the big three push-up, dip, and squat. And if applicable, pull-ups.
For each exercise pyramid each set for example 1, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, all the way up to 10 and back down again.
Do that for each one, focus solely on feeling the muscles you want to work.
Learned this one through trial and error. Really helped me accelerate my muscle growth. Did this at night after weight training, shed pounds too.
Just make sure you're eating and sleeping right, or this shyt'll kick your ass.

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah breh, you'd end up looking weird and and your lifts would end up real uneven. If all you can do is body weight, focus on the big three push-up, dip, and squat. And if applicable, pull-ups.
For each exercise pyramid each set for example 1, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, all the way up to 10 and back down again.
Do that for each one, focus solely on feeling the muscles you want to work.
Learned this one through trial and error. Really helped me accelerate my muscle growth. Did this at night after weight training, shed pounds too.
Just make sure you're eating and sleeping right, or this shyt'll kick your ass.
I lift weights too breh. 5 days a week. Hence my question about overtraining.

wooled1

All Star
Daps
I lift weights too breh. 5 days a week. Hence my question about overtraining.
Me too. I do this routine at night after I've already finished my training for the day. Won't experience any effects of overtraining if you're eating and sleeping right.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Overtraining by doing 100 pushups everyday? :dwillhuh:

Now I've heard everything :dead:

I do 50 push ups every hour on the hour at work and still feel completely fine going to the gym everyday.

No offense OP, but the only people who even think about overtraining are pussies :yeshrug:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U cant overtrain when it comes to body weight traing is the best thing u can do to your body u dont need a gym ether u just have to bulld up muscle endurance and with bofyweight traing no joint pain not like weightlifing but i have nothing against
If you do too many body weight exercises daily you will mess up your joints something fierce, is my experience. But 100 pushups is not a problem. If you add other things like a lot of planking, dips and pull ups and you don't take days off, that will become a problem.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
anyone got tips on how to actually feel push-ups in your chest? i've tried a bunch of different hand placements and stuff but it always seems like i'm putting more work on my shoulders and tris than my pecs.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
As long as you're getting adequate calories and rest it shouldn't be a problem. Also it could be used as a form of cardio similar to burpees.

I would pay attention to joint and bone health while on this regimen so stay on top of that.