Is it still "cool" to be black and be a Wu-tang fan?

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
This is true. Also, Wu are one of the handful of iconic hip hop legends that continually and consistently headline and sellout big shows. Any rap act would die for their domestic and international status. As long as they are still making uncompromising, street oriented music I really don't care what their fans look like and any other fan of their music shouldn't either.
speaking of wu raekwon was on sway this morning dope interview:ehh:
nikka was talking some real shyt about him the rza beef ,wu in general and dropped some new tracks
the chef still in the kitchen:wow:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
speaking of wu raekwon was on sway this morning dope interview:ehh:
nikka was talking some real shyt about him the rza ,wu in general and dropped some new tracks
the chef still in the kitchen:wow:

Yea, somebody else told me that also. Can't wait for the video bro.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Was just watching that Tanning of America VH1 special and Dr Dre was talking about how NWA would perform for predominantly white crowds. :ohhh:

Most legendary black acts perform for mostly white audiences. Bob Marley performed for predominantly white audiences. Was he ever considered corny to black people?

Also a lot of whites and other non blacks find the allure of the rebellious, street nature of a NWA or Wu, too much to resist.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
really alot of '90s acts are being carried by their white fans in their twilight years. so theres nothing wrong with that.

BUT wutang gets called out for it because their nut ass fans try to put validity behind it and act as if theyre still running things, when in reality they were played out by '99.

Was just watching that Tanning of America VH1 special and Dr Dre was talking about how NWA would perform for predominantly white crowds. :ohhh:

have to take that with a grain of salt if he didnt give the location.

alot of cities are predominately white. so if you do a big show in say iowa or montana, youre likely to have a caucasian crowd.

now if you go to a "black city: and draw a majority white crowd while in your prime, it may be cause for an alarm.

hence - the "up in smoke tour" being more of a hot ticket for white folks in urbanized cities renders its success to be tainted.

Last edited:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
i don't know what is exactly considered "cool" anymore because it's always changin' but i'm black and i still listen to wu-tang so i don't really care if it's still the "cool" thing or not :yeshrug:

i know when i saw meth, red, raekwon and ghost at rock the bells years ago, it was wide varied of people there; black, white, asian, hispanic etc

the wu-tang are legends and their music from 93' to 97', hell i would even say up to 2000 (because the w album is a personal classic for me) is classic

but you know, with hip hop it's always about the here and now and for the moment. so i would imagine that most cats of today who are primarily checkin' for rich gang or rae sremmurd ain't checkin' for wu-tang but hey it is what it is :manny:

i know i still bump wu in my car like it's the 90's :win:

wu-tang-clan-650-430.jpg

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Let cacs ruin your listening experience brehs
As if that's impossible.. Cacs ruin everything about a listening experience bro.
See: paul whiteman
I was a huge wu fan since the first meth single.. I actually thought, at the time, that wu was never gonna appeal to anything other than a grimey street cat lol I was young.
The "new" wu fanbase is disgusting and a complete oxymoron.

Still love wu tho

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
As long as they are still making uncompromising, street oriented music

But that's problem; they're not. How do you explain the last couple Wu albums? Even Ghost is swimming in hipsterville.

It's extremely hard to keep your music uncompromising when nerdy cacs buy the over-priced tickets everytime