Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ross has some an introspective song here and there friend. I like this one. He really sounds sincere here. :dj2:

Having a father is important.

25903973-cry-gif-_zps93e72747.gif

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because he makes the most bland uninspiring beige music I've ever heard. Rapping about eating muthafukkin dauphinoise potatoes on a four million dollar yacht. Songs called maybach music part 73. Where did we go wrong in life brehs?

His production bangs tho :dj2:

I think he has two separate audiences, because like the above poster said his shows are filled with young people. But I personally know a lot of brothers mid 30's and up that are out of tune with commercial rap, but f^ck with Rozay. I don't know many other older rappers who do as well with fans in their age group. It's hard to pinpoint, but I think he has a cool blaxploitation hero vibe to him. At the end of the day his name might not fit on a list with Biggie, KRS, Kane, Rakim, Slick Rick, Nas, Jay, Tupac, Scarface, Cube, Em, etc...
But when you talk about Shaft, Superfly, Dolemite, The Mack.... you can see how he's channeling a lot of that shyt, and why older brothers might enjoy his material.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he has two separate audiences, because like the above poster said his shows are filled with young people. But I personally know a lot of brothers mid 30's and up that are out of tune with commercial rap, but f^ck with Rozay. I don't know many other older rappers who do as well with fans in their age group. It's hard to pinpoint, but I think he has a cool blaxploitation hero vibe to him. At the end of the day his name might not fit on a list with Biggie, KRS, Kane, Rakim, Slick Rick, Nas, Jay, Tupac, Scarface, Cube, Em, etc...
But when you talk about Shaft, Superfly, Dolemite, The Mack.... you can see how he's channeling a lot of that shyt, and why older brothers might enjoy his material.

i also think it's because ross has an excellent ear for beats and you can tell he tries to mix boom bap into his sound, which obviously attracts many of those in their 30s/40s. ross appreciates hip-hop. he studies the music, the culture, and it shows in his craft. he is a fan, which a lot of people respect, even if they might believe he's faking the funk. and, like you said, ross is low key pro-black on many of his albums, and i think that a lot of the people who hate on him don't even listen to his raps and realize that he spits a lot of jewels that you usually don't hear from a commercial artist of his stature.

kingstl

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i also think it's because ross has an excellent ear for beats and you can tell he tries to mix boom bap into his sound, which obviously attracts many of those in their 30s/40s. ross appreciates hip-hop. he studies the music, the culture, and it shows in his craft. he is a fan, which a lot of people respect, even if they might believe he's faking the funk. and, like you said, ross is low key pro-black on many of his albums, and i think that a lot of the people who hate on him don't even listen to his raps and realize that he spits a lot of jewels that you usually don't hear from a commercial artist of his stature.

Before his time is up, I'm sure he'll be associated with the Master P's, 50's, and Diddy's

not because of rap but because of wealth. He knows It's Deep than Rap, and you gotta be Trilla, when thinking up a Mastermind plan to stay Rich Forever.

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
i don't see a blaxploitation vibe in him at all - that was all about bucking the system, rick ross is merely some obese individual spitting ducktales to impress his audience - majority of which are dudes nearing the winter of their lives and realising they dont have much time left to live out their fantasies, thus living through a correctional officer vicariously. such a rags to riches (duck)tale :whew:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't see a blaxploitation vibe in him at all - that was all about bucking the system, rick ross is merely some obese individual spitting ducktales to impress his audience - majority of which are dudes nearing the winter of their lives and realising they dont have much time left to live out their fantasies, thus living through a correctional officer vicariously. such a rags to riches (duck)tale :whew:

Go listen to "Teflon Don" again. If you still don't get it after that, get your ears checked.