Is San Diego and LA the west coast equivalent to Philly and NYC?

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
again, no disrespect to San Diego
I’m sure it’s a wonderful & beautiful city to live in but let’s keep it 100 … it’s, really is irrelevant and what I mean is if you went to sleep tonight and woke up tomorrow morning and San Diego didn’t exist would anybody really care ?
and I’m not talking about anybody losing their lives homes businesses property etc. etc. I’m saying like they found there was a toxic chemical coming out of the ground throughout the whole entire city and people had to relocate somewhere else …. the government assisted & reimbursed everybody properties & belonging as such and I just moved to a different location = would anybody really care …. again it’s irrelevant

:snoop:

1. Important military bases
2. Large tech companies
3. Major border entry/exit

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
It’s one of the most beautiful cities in the country. It’s not for everyone to understand. It’s why Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys call it home. There’s no one thing that makes the city vastly different than other large cities or other beach cities, it’s a number of things together that make it superior. You just have to experience it to understand it.

AD1221_KEYS_2%25202.jpg

Inside Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz’s Art-Filled Modernist Home Overlooking the Pacific Ocean

I moved to Florida and I don't mind living somewhere bland and laid back.. That's kind of why I moved to Florida

I think some people are missing the point

It's not about where would you rather live.. I'm sure plenty of people would leave the northeast if they could afford it
Famous beaches? Coronado for sure.

It's an "island" city that's filled with million dollar beachfront houses. That shyt is a hell of a tourist attraction.

I'm confused by this statement

Are you saying tourists come to view other people's houses or empty houses ?

Also Never heard of Coronado.. I will check it out.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If we’re using proximity as a measuring stick, Philly is a 90 min drive to Baltimore, less than a 2 hour drive to NYC, a 3 hour drive to DC, a short drive/day’s trip journey to the Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland beaches, within reach of the Poconos, less than 30+ mins from the 2nd biggest mall in America, a day’s trip to Hershey’s Park, and within an hour drive to Atlantic City.

Breh... you're comparing going to the DMV and Delaware with Los Angeles and Mexico? :deadrose:

And you can't compare the beaches on the east coast with the beaches on the west coast except for south florida. Were in those areas do you get mountain views and ocean views?

And speaking of beaches...

You can't want the sunset on the beach

pacific-beach-pier-sunset-peter-tellone.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
San Diego doesn't really have an identity though
People don't want to hear this, but San Diego’s identity is “we're not LA.” I say this as someone that was born and raised here -- that being said I've lived in SF and LA for year's at a time and both are very overrated.

Plus it borders Mexico so you have a lot of Mexicans.
There's more Mexicans in LA than in San Diego.

San Diego has so many things going for it but it's such and underachieving city
What do you think San Diego should do that it hasn't done?

:wow::wow::wow:

Where’s Horton Plaza and the gas lamp district?

If someone forced me to leave that for filthy ass Philly I’d literally kill myself.
Horton Plaza mall was repurposed as a tech hub with offices.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
:snoop:

1. Important military bases
2. Large tech companies
3. Major border entry/exit

Ok.. kinda meh . But which large Tech companies are based there ??

If it's not a major company that everyone knows feel free to ignore and don't bother..

Never knew about this military presence but that's not really something for the public. I'm a civilian so I don't know what we can do with that info.

Anyway.. I'm assuming it's naval bases & prolly Air Force since those two go together

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I moved to Florida and I don't mind living somewhere bland and laid back.. That's kind of why I moved to Florida

I think some people are missing the point

It's not about where would you rather live.. I'm sure plenty of people would leave the northeast if they could afford it

I'm confused by this statement

Are you saying tourists come to view other people's houses or empty houses ?

Also Never heard of Coronado.. I will check it out.
They view the city:russ:.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The fact that you posted ‘nobody cares’ is telling … it goes back to my original point of the city being irrelevant (which pretty much is the definition of ‘nobody cares’)

:comeon: i’ve been all over this country & the Caribbean

:hubie: And for the record this topic is not about which is the best city to live in

The "nobody cares" is due to a lot of people not being from there. As I said in the beginning. San Diego is a military town. So a lot of people root for other teams.

Furthermore, if you're not winning, nobody cares about LA sports teams unless it's the Lakers.

San Diego hosted multiple super bowls. The only reason why the Chargers left is because the city didn't want to pay for a new stadium. No different than St Luis. No different than Oakland.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Horton Plaza is just a garage now. They’re demolishing that mall. Fashion Valley and UTC are far superior and have the high end luxury brands also.

Yeah Fashion Valley was the main spot back in my day too but Horton Plaza just looked flyer.

Never in my life had I seen a mall with no roof and it was in the middle of downtown.

Imagine leaving fukkin Badnewz, VA in 1997 and seeing some shyt like this.

440px-Hortonplazaarchitecture.jpg

:wow::mjcry:

And it was full of nothing but fly mixes like Filipina and Mexican, black and Japanese, and shyt like that, and they was all nice and friendly.

Man…:mjcry:

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ok.. kinda meh . But which large Tech companies are based there ??

If it's not a major company that everyone knows feel free to ignore and don't bother..

Never knew about this military presence but that's not really something for the public. I'm a civilian so I don't know what we can do with that info.

Anyway.. I'm assuming it's naval bases & prolly Air Force since those two go together

Tech Directory – Tech San Diego

Category:Military facilities in San Diego County, California - Wikipedia

Daps
Reppin
NULL
LA and San Fran moreso I think.

I haven’t been to SD yet but i know its crackin

Nah, SF and LA have a NYC/DC relationship. That is, SF and LA are the two most important Cali cities with opposite cultures the way NYC and DC are the most important East Coast cities with opposite cultures. Before you say DC ain’t that important, it’s the nation’s cap with the highest median incomes as well as the most educated. Before you say SF ain’t that important, it’s the face of the tech industry and the most expensive city in America.

Also, SF and LA almost kinda hate each other. It even shows up in sports team rivalries. People have literally been killed over the Dodgers vs. Giants rivalry and it wasn’t even gang related. And when it comes to gangs, SF and the Bay are the only places in Cali with no real presence of Bloods or Crips. Crips got ran outta Hunters Point in the early 80’s when they tried to set up shop in SF. nikkas rep hoods, projects and streets in Frisco, not actual gangs. SF nigs more on a hustling and mobbin mentality than a gang banging mentality. And even Bay Area/Northern Cali Latinos and Southern Cali/LA Latinos don’t like each other and rep different gangs Nortenos vs Surenos.

Similarly, DC and NYC ain’t fond of each other. DC’s first music choice in the black community ain’t even Hip Hop, it’s Go Go. Hip Hop was considered bama in DC for a long time which is why DC never had a thriving rap scene in the 90’s and early 2000’s like how Philly did. DC street politics also differ from NYC. No Bloods or Crips in DC or new street gang movements every few years like how you have in NYC. Also, the NYC/DC beef goes back to the 80’s too when NY cats would come to DC to sell drugs. Hella old school DC/PG cats were celebrating when Alpo got killed.