Is San Diego and LA the west coast equivalent to Philly and NYC?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Nobody’s denying San Diego isn’t a beautiful city … with that said … we’re saying it’s a city that’s pretty irrelevant to this country & has zero identity = no disrespect

the more i think about this thread … the more i think comparing Philly to SD is ridiculous
like i posted before importance & influence - Philly is ranked 4th behind nyc,la,chi

Just say you’ve never left the east coast and leave it at that.

San Diego most definitely has a reputation, a great one and I would live there over NYC 100 times out of 100.

And yes I have lived in Dago and spent enough time in NYC that I might as well have lived there too.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Philly is more Oakland than anything

plus both the warriors and A’s used to be Philly teams

Yes, Oakland had a Philly energy when I went out there..actually I would consider moving to Oakland if I had to choose a Cali city....

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

San Diego most definitely has a reputation, a great one and I would live there over NYC 100 times out of 100.

And yes I have lived in Dago and spent enough time in NYC that I might as well have lived there too.

Good for you but the majority of the world would not choose San Diego which is why NYC is more in demand city.

Not sure why people like you have to input your opinion as if it has some effect on reality lol.

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Facts. I know Trenton NJ is technically part of the NY metro area but even that city feels like Philly to me at least

Trenton
Asbury Park
Burlington
Camden
AC
Neptune City

Is all South Jersey/Philly territory as far as I'm concerned.

Anything north of Trenton (New Brunswick, Perth Amboy and up), is North Jersey.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This thread made me remember.
I used to wanna live in san diego tho.

Art Barr

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I wanted to make another point. The reason why Boston and NYC have more relation than NYC and Philly probably has more to do with both having high Caribbean populations and also related Caribbean populations. The West Indian Labor Day parade in NYC you’ll find more Boston people there than Philly people.

As far as the AA and African population I am not too sure which of the two cities they find relations too.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
what does irrelevant even mean? :russ: most people will live their entire lives having never traveled to or lived in any of these cities.

again, no disrespect to San Diego
I’m sure it’s a wonderful & beautiful city to live in but let’s keep it 100 … it’s, really is irrelevant and what I mean is if you went to sleep tonight and woke up tomorrow morning and San Diego didn’t exist would anybody really care ?
and I’m not talking about anybody losing their lives homes businesses property etc. etc. I’m saying like they found there was a toxic chemical coming out of the ground throughout the whole entire city and people had to relocate somewhere else …. the government assisted & reimbursed everybody properties & belonging as such and I just moved to a different location = would anybody really care …. again it’s irrelevant

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Name 3 things the rest of the country universally can associate with San Diego....
Best zoo in the country (one of the best in the world actually.) Matter of fact, that shyt is literally world-famous.

Women, weed, and weather applys to SD and LA simultaneously.

Being a coastal and border city simultaneously.

The vast mixing of cultures (authentic Mexican, then authentic Asian [from multiple cultures at that] ).

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I've heard of Long Beach
I've heard of Malibu
I've heard of Santa Monica

Which of these is in San Diego ?

Not to mention ..

South Beach
Virginia Beach
Cape Cod
Clearwater beach
Key West
Ocean City
Atlantic City

What beach is famous in San Diego ??

Weather ? What does that even mean ?

Texas, Florida and Many cities in Cali have great weather

And Women literally live everywhere

Is that it ???

:mjlol:

It's a nice city in Cali and I'm sure it's a beautiful place to live
but it has no identity

No wonder the Chargers left

If your city doesn't have either
an NBA team or NFL team then it doesn't really exist
Famous beaches? Coronado for sure.

It's an "island" city that's filled with million dollar beachfront houses. That shyt is a hell of a tourist attraction.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:patrice:

200.gif

Ez8BnbpXEAUSZRA.jpg:large

If you take importance and influence … meaning historical background, food, culture, education/colleges/university, structure/architectural, entertainment, celebrities, sports teams, pop culture etc. etc.

Philly >>> San Francisco (but it’s very very close)

someone should create a thread about this … it could be interesting

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:wow::wow::wow:

Where’s Horton Plaza and the gas lamp district?

If someone forced me to leave that for filthy ass Philly I’d literally kill myself.
Horton Plaza is just a garage now. They’re demolishing that mall. Fashion Valley and UTC are far superior and have the high end luxury brands also.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
San Diego doesn’t have a lot of sports teams because nobody cares, it’s way better shyt to do than sit in a crowded ass, noisey ass stadium (even though I saw my first NFL game at Qualcomm).

The fact that you posted ‘nobody cares’ is telling … it goes back to my original point of the city being irrelevant (which pretty much is the definition of ‘nobody cares’)

:comeon: i’ve been all over this country & the Caribbean

:hubie: And for the record this topic is not about which is the best city to live in

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
If you take importance and influence … meaning historical background, food, culture, education/colleges/university, structure/architectural, entertainment, celebrities, sports teams, pop culture etc. etc.

Philly >>> San Francisco (but it’s very very close)

someone should create a thread about this … it could be interesting

giphy.gif

@kingofnyc start the thread and put a poll in it .. :mjlol:

Last edited: