Is San Diego and LA the west coast equivalent to Philly and NYC?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
San Diego is more diverse

you reaching with this.
Philly not only has areas with distinct races but down to distinct nationalities. Like Irish, Italian, Polish, Russians all have their own lil areas. Ricans, Mexicans, other hispanics all have their own areas. Chinese, Cambodian, Viet, Korean all have their own hoods. Philly is one of the few places in america with AFRICAN neighborhoods. both west african and east. Been to SD multiple times and never seen that much diversity outside of white,mexican,koreans and pinos

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
you reaching with this.
Philly not only has areas with distinct races but down to distinct nationalities. Like Irish, Italian, Polish, Russians all have their own lil areas. Ricans, Mexicans, other hispanics all have their own areas. Chinese, Cambodian, Viet, Korean all have their own hoods. Philly is one of the few places in america with AFRICAN neighborhoods. both west african and east. Been to SD multiple times and never seen that much diversity outside of white,mexican,koreans and pinos

San Diego has African neighborhoods too.

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
To those questioning the diversity here…

(Little Italy downtown)
1549909351670.jpg

1549909195381.png

(Little East Africa in City Heights)
brazilian-day-san-diego.jpg

Image_Announcement_BR-Day-SD_1_Photo-by-Claudia-Passos.jpg

(San Diego Brazilian Fest)
Chicano-Park-Day.png

IMG_2057-1024x683.jpg

(Chicano Park/Barrio Logan)
dragon-dance.jpg

(Convoy District/Little Asia)

Etc.

There’s not a huge black American population here, but there are enough ethnic communities to keep things interesting.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
To those questioning the diversity here…

(Little Italy downtown)
1549909351670.jpg

1549909195381.png

(Little East Africa in City Heights)
brazilian-day-san-diego.jpg

Image_Announcement_BR-Day-SD_1_Photo-by-Claudia-Passos.jpg

(San Diego Brazilian Fest)
Chicano-Park-Day.png

IMG_2057-1024x683.jpg

(Chicano Park/Barrio Logan)
dragon-dance.jpg

(Convoy District/Little Asia)

Etc.

There’s not a huge black American population here, but there are enough ethnic communities to keep things interesting.

a lot of homeless people there to unfortunately. I moved in 2004 and it was bad. Now it’s :scusthov:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont really matter. There’s way more to do in San Diego than Philly :russ:

a 90 min drive to LA. 6 hour drive or a short flight to Vegas. A short drive to Mexico. The beaches, the women, the vibe, the weather. It’s not even close.

There's just as much around Philly :heh:

a 90 min drive to NYC. a 2 hour drive to DC. an hour drive to Baltimore. Jersey, Delaware and Maryland beaches. Atlantic City. Virginia Beach 4 hours away. And if you feel like it, Boston is 6 hours away, the Outer Banks 6 hours the other direction.

The kind of person that likes the East Coast isn't going to like the West Coast and vice versa. If you're into experiencing different cultures, hustle and bustle of cities, restaurants, shopping, sports, museums, and history, then the East Coast is for you.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
There's just as much around Philly :heh:

a 90 min drive to NYC. a 2 hour drive to DC. an hour drive to Baltimore. Jersey, Delaware and Maryland beaches. Atlantic City. Virginia Beach 4 hours away. And if you feel like it, Boston is 6 hours away, the Outer Banks 6 hours the other direction.

The kind of person that likes the East Coast isn't going to like the West Coast and vice versa. If you're into experiencing different cultures, hustle and bustle of cities, restaurants, shopping, sports, museums, and history, then the East Coast is for you.

I been on both sides, and the south. All the spots you just naked are nothing special. Chicago would’ve been a better pick. It’s a cheese flight. Or even Atlanta.

But San Diego you got L.A. which trumps NYC in terms of night life. Mexico is a short drive away. Arizona is right next door. Seattle is a cheap flight. So is Vegas. Northern Cali. I guess it’s just personal preference. But everyone I know from the east coast that been to the west coast loved it and couldn’t wait to go back.

celebrities from the east Coast move there or have second homes there.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Read through the thread and still don't know what San Diego's identity is besides having a nice beach and a place called Lil Italy :mjlol:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been on both sides, and the south. All the spots you just naked are nothing special. Chicago would’ve been a better pick. It’s a cheese flight. Or even Atlanta.

But San Diego you got L.A. which trumps NYC in terms of night life. Mexico is a short drive away. Arizona is right next door. Seattle is a cheap flight. So is Vegas. Northern Cali. I guess it’s just personal preference. But everyone I know from the east coast that been to the west coast loved it and couldn’t wait to go back.

celebrities from the east Coast move there or have second homes there.

That's your opinion breh. I prefer everything on the Eastern side to anything on the West Coast. I don't care about visiting Arizona or Vegas or Mexico. I would move to Seattle or San Fran though but, that's because they are similar to East Coast cities.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
It’s one of the most beautiful cities in the country. It’s not for everyone to understand. It’s why Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys call it home. There’s no one thing that makes the city vastly different than other large cities or other beach cities, it’s a number of things together that make it superior. You just have to experience it to understand it.

AD1221_KEYS_2%25202.jpg

Inside Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz’s Art-Filled Modernist Home Overlooking the Pacific Ocean

Nobody’s denying San Diego isn’t a beautiful city … with that said … we’re saying it’s a city that’s pretty irrelevant to this country & has zero identity = no disrespect

the more i think about this thread … the more i think comparing Philly to SD is ridiculous
like i posted before importance & influence - Philly is ranked 4th behind nyc,la,chi

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Outside of being two big cities close to each other, it’s really not a good comparison.

Philly stands on its own from NYC, San Diego on the other hand will never make its way out of LA’s shadow.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Nobody’s denying San Diego isn’t a beautiful city … with that said … we’re saying it’s a city that’s pretty irrelevant to this country & has zero identity = no disrespect

the more i think about this thread … the more i think comparing Philly to SD is ridiculous
like i posted before importance & influence - Philly is ranked 4th behind nyc,la,chi

what does irrelevant even mean? :russ: most people will live their entire lives having never traveled to or lived in any of these cities.