Just got divorced after 12 yrs...ama

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Cause i was vulnerable the time we met....just lost my parents...i was a mess..
She look good...had good job...we vibes from the jump...we were inseperable....
Even when i was dead broke...she had me...thats why...
Only thing i gave up was one of the cars....thats it......
3rd yes
i think being inseparable was a red flag from the jump, nobody should be that involved with their partner, to me thats toxic

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
Yea it was some...but nothing MAJOR....
See 20 30 years ago the red flag observation had a lot of validity....now a days....relationships
..marriage is a roll of the dice....
Remember a woman no matter how down she is...No red flags....has access to a million swangin dikks by her fingertips and vice versa...
Have a bad arguement..irritate a good bit..
All women gonna open that door....to another man........
And most will let him in.....
Its the ones who wont let another nikka in...you lookin for....and those odds are trash...good luck

I'm not married but I want at least 2-4 kids. I don't believe in having children out of wedlock. Especially because of the statistics surrounding the Black community and the child's future.

So are you essentialy saying I'm fukked? My chances of having a family with a proper women is almost null :snoop:...

Say it ain't so..

Lookin at my girl like :wtb: while reading this thread.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Exactly they want to stay home and flex on the gram with your money. Why you out there working your ass off she’s at home replying to nikkaz all in her DM’s fukk all that.

Parents failed raising daughters to be wives. People can make the argument marriage aint for everyone, but if thats the case dont complain you cant keep a partner. Another thing is many people in general have grown up and never seen a successful marriage, old couples will tell you marriage is HARD, but it is a PARTNERSHIP through thick and thin. Most women today want weddings and not an actual marriage if that makes sense. They want the Kids and a wedding for social media, but dont want the work that comes with it. I'd argue the main thing Men face is not being raised to be productive and go getters, but the thing is, the dudes who do have that in them will 8 times out of 10 make a good husband, but those who wouldn't typically opt out of marriage. Women on the other hand simply aren't being taught the skills to be a good wife (could be they come from a family where nobody has even been a wife let alone a good one).

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got out of an 11 yr marriage myself..:blessed:

The house that I bought with my 401k (that I'm still paying back) it's for her n the kids now:wow:

Paying 800 a month child support:wow:

Can't even claim 1 of them on the income tax:mjlol: get about 2000 compared to her 10,000 every year :wow:

Now stuck living in a efficiency in east Miramar u ready for this life playboy? It's cheaper to keep her who ever said that shyt knew what time it was.
:mjlol:nikka say he in a efficiency damn my guy sorry for your loss

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all that ish is a flex. Modern Women dont know how to cook, clean, knit, aint wise enough to home school kids or anything lol. Most these folks who say that dont understand Homemaking is literally a career in itself.

And Modern men aren’t handy, bad with money, can’t fix cars, and barely focus on education, etc. Providing is more than money. Times are different, so we can’t expect either gender to behave the same as our grandparents.

SlickHomie

All-Pro Kufi Smacker
Daps
Reppin
Chi 079
I'm not married but I want at least 2-4 kids. I don't believe in having children out of wedlock. Especially because of the statistics surrounding the Black community and the child's future.

So are you essentialy saying I'm fukked? My chances of having a family with a proper women is almost null :snoop:...

Say it ain't so..

Lookin at my girl like :wtb: while reading this thread.
Theres no end all be all.....just have balance in your relationship....when problems arise nip it in the bud...QUICK
you have to have 100% honesty.....right or wrong be honest......and she should also
.....situations change....people change....thats life....if it works....great
Just be prepared when it dont...good luck

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
And Modern men aren’t handy, bad with money, can’t fix cars, and barely focus on education, etc. Providing is more than money. Times are different, so we can’t expect either gender to behave the same as our grandparents.
handy means nothing though, the issue is being PRODUCTIVE. Everything you mentioned has nothing to do with production. Those may be ways to produce but in the age of technology none of this matters any more. Being a HOMEMAKER though is a specific field in the same instance of being a Mechanic. Even then Women of today usually lack the ability to be nurturing to another adult, because they dont see Men as their other half. At the end of the day nobody is perfect, a proper partnership one persons weakness should be offset/balanced by the strengths of the other person. Many women how ever sees what a Man isn't strong at being "that man aint sh*t". On the other hand for men, as long as he gets sex at a minimum probably isn't asking for much. The thing couples today lack the ability to do is simply say "we love each other, how do we make it past this obstacle together?", thats what vows are for. Instead though if people reach a roadblock they just dead the relationship.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Not trying to start ish, but men can be as well.

One the bolded sentence -- but if you find out she does this --- she's wrong and all types of thots and $itches, huh?

Anyway, to each it's own.

This is the problem tho, y’all be on that “if you do it we can do it too” shyt

But for some reason it’s only when it come to negative shyt

If a man pay all the bills u don’t feel like “if a man can do it I can do it too”. Only when it come to fukkin around :francis:

Ian Ahbaa f/ Area51

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
²15
Wow. She made it harder for the next one. Shoot I’m working right now and watching my son. :francis:. I make more than my husband do being a stay at home mom ain’t in the cards for me.
damn..so
Just got out of an 11 yr marriage myself..:blessed:

The house that I bought with my 401k (that I'm still paying back) it's for her n the kids now:wow:

Paying 800 a month child support:wow:

Can't even claim 1 of them on the income tax:mjlol: get about 2000 compared to her 10,000 every year :wow:

Now stuck living in a efficiency in east Miramar u ready for this life playboy? It's cheaper to keep her who ever said that shyt knew what time it was.
:mjtf:ouch

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Women on the other hand simply aren't being taught the skills to be a good wife (could be they come from a family where nobody has even been a wife let alone a good one).
I believe it's partly a historical thing. Daughters were raised to be strong & independent in case their man was taken from them for whatever systemic reason. This has gone on for a few generations now where the emphasis for most daughters is raising them to be able to exist and survive on her own without a man.

Hell, if you had daughter in this day and age you'd be on the same shyt. Imagine raising her to be dependent on some dusty clown from thecoli :mjlol:

So while this is good in theory, it's only giving them half of what they need. The other half of the "this is how you should treat a husband" "this is how your husband should treat you" is missing

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I believe it's partly a historical thing. Daughters were raised to be strong & independent in case their man was taken from them for whatever systemic reason. This has gone on for a few generations now where the emphasis for most daughters is raising them to be able to exist and survive on her own without a man.

Hell, if you had daughter in this day and age you'd be on the same shyt. Imagine raising her to be dependent on some dusty clown from thecoli :mjlol:

So while this is good in theory, it's only giving them half of what they need. The other half of the "this is how you should treat a husband" "this is how your husband should treat you" is missing

independent nah lol. That language didnt start being used until the "im a independent woman who dont need no man" era. Women have always held their own weight.

SlickHomie

All-Pro Kufi Smacker
Daps
Reppin
Chi 079
Name some red flags you ignored
Ill tell you one....a good one
Her Family.....my goodness....a daily train wreck....
Dont get me wrong they were good people
Cooked had dinners respected me helped me out at times....
But.......every......fukkin.......day.......drama
....her gm was cool....mama...just a leech...sis was cool...unncle a p.o.s
But gawdamn sittin round them sometimes u wanna jump out the fawkin window....