Just Saw 12 years a Slave and I m furious

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Hey man this shyt was based of a true story most of that shyt happened to what solomon described in his book. I don't think it was suppose to showcase how superior white people were like slavery is something you can't sugar coat shyt was fukked up and probably even worse than what you saw in the movie. I wish more black brothers watched this movie and instead of it opressing you make it empower you to achieve that black excellence sure that movie made me feel some type of way but then compared it to see how divided we are we like to kill each other, steal from each other, observe why light skin is better than dark skin and in slavery it didn't matter what shade you were if you had a tiny bit of nikka you were working in them fields. This movie made me look at it in a sense that I can't let solomon's or my ancestors name die in vain today we have our freedom and as nikkaz we shyt on each other more than any other race and we can say it's the white man's fault for it but at the end of the day this is exactly what the white man wants us to do beause there scared of tha black unity and us coming together which is what we need more of.

Very nice input, but slavery still exists but now they don't whip you with 100 lashes, instead they reject your 100 applications, lay off 100 blacks before they let 2 white males go. They deny us grad school, promotions at work, while a young white male frsh outta is supervising and telling you what to do after he been on the job for 6 months. Give him 5 years, he can be a manager, 10 years the CEO, while most of the time he has no clue what he's doing. Oh, and what happened to you ? Now, you're supervising under his watch of course and you should be lucky he let you keep your job because there 100 other white people he would like to have over you.

I am not giving an excuse as to why Blacks don't achieve. I cosign your post 100%, but don't think by getting an education and a degree, you're above slavery. You're still a negger

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
You are arguing fact. The shyt happened to our people and your furious over something that actually happened. I want mufukkaz to see the evil crooked shyt these cacs were on. Don't know why you so upset.

Rekka, it is factual, but I am pretty sure there exists Tousssaint Louverture and some black man who wrote a book after he helped out/saved some white man's life. Why we don't get to see those in the movies ?

The last superhero we had was Hancock and he was a bum meanwhile tell me about Batman, Iron man... do we have to do this ?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I am not giving an excuse as to why Blacks don't achieve. I cosign your post 100%, but don't think by getting an education and a degree, you're above slavery. You're still a negger

Of course. But comparing slavery to the shyt we have today is an insult to those who had to deal with that shyt and died under it.

Is shyt still fukked up? Yes it is. It's proven time and time again that no matter how much money or education you have, you're still a nikka. I think we all agree on that. But we also can't deny the opportunities and freedoms that are available to us now compared to then. It's not even close or the same situation.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Of course. But comparing slavery to the shyt we have today is an insult to those who had to deal with that shyt and died under it.

Is shyt still fukked up? Yes it is. It's proven time and time again that no matter how much money or education you have, you're still a nikka. I think we all agree on that. But we also can't deny the opportunities and freedoms that are available to us now compared to then. It's not even close or the same situation.

So, they doing you a favor now by allowing you to be free ? Isn't this your country ? If there's a draft, won't they draft you ?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rekka, it is factual, but I am pretty sure there exists Tousssaint Louverture and some black man who wrote a book after he helped out/saved some white man's life. Why we don't get to see those in the movies ?

The last superhero we had was Hancock and he was a bum meanwhile tell me about Batman, Iron man... do we have to do this ?

Fam, I AGREE WITH YOU.

The slavery thing has been beaten to a pulp by Hollywood no doubt. This movie though wasn't Hollywood. It was made a British nikka who gives ZERO fukks about Hollywood Cacs. I respect that dude.

Do we need more positive movies about blacks in motion pictures .... of course. Would they "sell"? That is the question.

Sex and violence will always sell, but trying to make a positive historical black film (a profitable one at that) is hard unless you do it on a shoestring budget.

We also have to remember that the majority of people go to see films to be ENTERTAINED, not educated.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So, they doing you a favor now by allowing you to be free ? Isn't this your country ? If there's a draft, won't they draft you ?

Even you have to admit that calling out cacs on their cac'in nowadays is easier than ever and there will be repercussions esp when it comes to monetary matters.

Education is our strongest means to be able to take control of communities. Start controlling and handling shyt ourselves and not relying on them. Make them come to us. Don't wanna get too far off tangent, but I can't sit here with a straight face and say we have it rougher today than back then.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First off, :pacspit: to all you c00ns saying this movie was good and better than Django. As a black man, I felt very offended even though I am a foreigner. They went extra hard to shyt on Blacks and show how Cacs are superior. It was also disrespectful how 4 white couples who look like they post on st0rmfr0nt were giggling at the lashes, and making slick comments. I can't really be mad at them cuz Hollywood put those movies in theaters to do exactly that "shyt on Blacks". The hangings, the whippings, the rapes, the N words, and the betrayals are all they needed on screen to show how Blacks ain't shyt. I see Danny Glover had to go beg Chavez for money to fund Toussaint Louverture cuz nobody wanna touch it.

I mean, did they really have to go into details about whippings and showing the slaves' backs to make whites feel the power they once had ? Now, I see why white people didn't really like Django. Django had a black alpha male who would talk back to whites during the slavery era. That didn't sit too well with them. To add, the black man was smart and killed white people. So, of course that wouldn't sit well with them.

The reason I went to see it was because of the good reviews and praises it got from coli posters. I forgot most of you neggas were c00ns. c00nS to the highest degree :pacspit:

you do understand this was based off a true story while Django was fantasy land

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I m just saying though. Don't Jewish people wanna see the holocaust and how their people were suffocated ? I mean, they even had the hangings and the eye contacts before the hangings. More animated gifs for the racist kids. They're welcome

The Holocaust is a horrible chapter in human history, but; it's largely been resolved. They STILL hunting down Nazi's. USA even gave Jewish Germans reparations. And I'm sure they aren't 100 about seeing it in film and satirized.

I'm just tired of the effects of American slavery being brushed off "It was a long time ago...black people owned slaves, too...OBAMA!," & still expecting us to be inspired by the stories of African slaves.

Watching Rosewood, again as an adult, was so hard, because a lot of that still goes on, today.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

You moving the goalposts fam, this thread was about 12 years a slave. Now you talking about a systemic Hollywood issue. Cmon you better than this

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I am very grown actually. Now, how many times Hollywodd gonna fund those same slavery movies ? Passion of Christ was all factual but the Jews didn't allow another to come out and blackmailed Gibson right ? Has there ever been a mainstream movie about the Holocaust ?

I mean, it's all history and fact right ?

Should I grow up some more ?
Schindler's List and The Piano

Schindler's List went hard too. I remember that Nazi calling that Jewish woman all types of racist stuff, then beating her and pushing the wine shelf on her :huhldup: Trust me Jews have done movies on the Holocaust and they were very brutal.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u gotta remeber that all movies are investments. you can look into the reasons why those movies dont get funded, and why they wouldnt get supported, but at the end of the day its still about the dollar :yeshrug: