Just Saw 12 years a Slave and I m furious

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Schindler's List and The Piano

Schindler's List went hard too. I remember that Nazi calling that Jewish woman all types of racist stuff, then beating her and pushing the wine shelf on her :huhldup: Trust me Jews have done movies on the Holocaust and they were very brutal.

I don't rememebr that being that bad or maybe because they have a slave movie out every year. That's probably why

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off, :pacspit: to all you c00ns saying this movie was good and better than Django. As a black man, I felt very offended even though I am a foreigner. They went extra hard to shyt on Blacks and show how Cacs are superior. It was also disrespectful how 4 white couples who look like they post on st0rmfr0nt were giggling at the lashes, and making slick comments. I can't really be mad at them cuz Hollywood put those movies in theaters to do exactly that "shyt on Blacks". The hangings, the whippings, the rapes, the N words, and the betrayals are all they needed on screen to show how Blacks ain't shyt. I see Danny Glover had to go beg Chavez for money to fund Toussaint Louverture cuz nobody wanna touch it.

I mean, did they really have to go into details about whippings and showing the slaves' backs to make whites feel the power they once had ? Now, I see why white people didn't really like Django. Django had a black alpha male who would talk back to whites during the slavery era. That didn't sit too well with them. To add, the black man was smart and killed white people. So, of course that wouldn't sit well with them.

The reason I went to see it was because of the good reviews and praises it got from coli posters. I forgot most of you neggas were c00ns. c00nS to the highest degree :pacspit:

So you watched a movie showing whites at their most brutal and wicked and all you took away from it was "blacks aint shyt?" that's more indicative of your own insecurities and you're fukked up views regarding what makes someone "superior" than it is of the movie itself which strictly dealt with historical accuracy. sorry, but the hangings, the whippings, the rapes, the N words and betrayals actually happened. The movie had no agenda other than staying true to the novel. whatever you took away from it says more about you than it does the movie

and you have the nerve to call blacks who support this movie coons when you support a film made by a white director that turned slavery into a fantasy comic book rather than give it the seriousness and attention to detail that 12 Years a Slave did. FOH bruh. Like the other dude said, grow the fukk up.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
I be ready to slap people that give me "that look" when I say I have no intentions of seeing films like this. I go to the movies to see fantasy, sci fi, maybe a cop flick & the occasional comedy. I want to enjoy myself, not be depressed. when I was in school, they gave us an advanced screening of rosewood. never again. i'll catch that shyt on cable, MAYBE.

I want to be happy during my $12 purchase, not sad & miserable.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I be ready to slap people that give me "that look" when I say I have no intentions of seeing films like this. I go to the movies to see fantasy, sci fi, maybe a cop flick & the occasional comedy. I want to enjoy myself, not be depressed. when I was in school, they gave us an advanced screening of rosewood. never again. i'll catch that shyt on cable, MAYBE.

Cosign this 100%

I say this all the time but why would any black person go to the theater to see a slave movie

Dont we all watch movies to be entertained? What the hell is entertaining about a slave movie to black people?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Be afraid of your own history brehs...

P.S. You should be slapped for being too afraid to watch a slavery movie. If you can't even watch such films, imagine if you had to LIVE through it. But who cares about slavery because all that is in the past right?

:rudy:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Cosign this 100%

I say this all the time but why would any black person go to the theater to see a slave movie

Dont we all watch movies to be entertained? What the hell is entertaining about a slave movie to black people?
I get that some people enjoy those films for historical lessons and that they honestly like em.

I don't.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Cosign this 100%

Because it's your fukking history? Life isn't always about being entertained brehs

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Because it's your fukking history? Life isn't always about being entertained brehs
Who the fukk watches movies for history lessons?

FOH with that bullshyt

And yea life isn't always about entertainment but movies and tv shows are

You think white people watch these slave movies for a history lesson or is it cause they are entertained by these type movies?