Just Saw 12 years a Slave and I m furious

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Who the fukk watches movies for history lessons?

FOH with that bullshyt

And yea life isn't always about entertainment but movies and tv shows are

You think white people watch these slave movies for a history lesson or is it cause they are entertained by these type movies?

So you've never heard of a movie being educational? Are you familiar with the genre of movies known as nonfiction? How about documentaries?

And fukk whites right now. Why they see movies is irrelevant when it comes to educational films such as 12 years.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
and where I went to school, the jewish community PAID for all high schools in our county to see the movie when it came out.

use your brain and ask yourself why would they do that...then ask yourself what if that movie is historically wrong and propaganda piece

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
why get mad or uneasy over your own descendant history?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So you've never heard of a movie being educational? Are you familiar with the genre of movies known as nonfiction? How about documentaries?

And fukk whites right now. Why they see movies is irrelevant when it comes to educational films such as 12 years.
Stop it breh :snoop:

You comparing this docs now?

What did you learn from this movie that you didnt already know?

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I am very grown actually. Now, how many times Hollywodd gonna fund those same slavery movies ? Passion of Christ was all factual but the Jews didn't allow another to come out and blackmailed Gibson right ? Has there ever been a mainstream movie about the Holocaust ?

I mean, it's all history and fact right ?

Should I grow up some more ?

shindler's list :heh:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Rekka, it is factual, but I am pretty sure there exists Tousssaint Louverture and some black man who wrote a book after he helped out/saved some white man's life. Why we don't get to see those in the movies ?

The last superhero we had was Hancock and he was a bum meanwhile tell me about Batman, Iron man... do we have to do this ?

How you feel about After Earth? The Will Smith movie?

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Be afraid of your own history brehs...

P.S. You should be slapped for being too afraid to watch a slavery movie. If you can't even watch such films, imagine if you had to LIVE through it. But who cares about slavery because all that is in the past right?

:rudy:
youre being emotional. I dunno how more clear I can be about something you shouldn't be trying to read into.

those movies aren't entertaining to me.

I go to the movies to be entertained.

period.

know what I use to educate myself about history? older people, books, the history channel and other programming in my home. like I said, stop reading into this too much. i was a history minor at a historically black college. a fukking movie isn't making or breaking my depth of knowledge about slavery or anything else.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I be ready to slap people that give me "that look" when I say I have no intentions of seeing films like this. I go to the movies to see fantasy, sci fi, maybe a cop flick & the occasional comedy. I want to enjoy myself, not be depressed. when I was in school, they gave us an advanced screening of rosewood. never again. i'll catch that shyt on cable, MAYBE.

I want to be happy during my $12 purchase, not sad & miserable.

Agreed. Rather watch at home on demand or stream or bootleg. Going to a movie that will surely infuriate you is not my idea of entertainment.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
use your brain and ask yourself why would they do that...then ask yourself what if that movie is historically wrong and propaganda piece

Of course.

I guess what i'm saying is that I like the fact that the movie is out there and in many ways I wish we had the ability to make mufukkaz watch a movie like this who are ignorant to shyt like slavery and acting like it's all good now completely ignoring how fukked up that shyt was.

Jewish bruhs making sure no one forgets what happened to them and it's all good. We do it and "yall need to get over it". Force them to watch shyt like this and see if they feel this way.

All I'm saying fam.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got to be a dumb motherfukker to complain about how blacks are portrayed in 12 Years a Slave. shyt is based on a book written by the man who LIVED through that shyt.

Django is a fantasy film.

12 Years a Slave is a historical drama.

Type of ignorant dumb ass motherfukkers that would see a Martin Luther King Biopic and complain about the the lead being killed near the end :snoop:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Why the fukk would a black person want to watch a movie on slavery? I'm with OP. Some of the recent black movies with "buzz" are The Help, The Butler, Django, and now this 12 Years a Slave shyt. Man, fukk that.

We need to educate ourselves on our own history, using our own resources. So all that historical relevance talk is bullshyt. Movies are made for entertainment purposes. We can educate ourselves about slavery. And when has Hollywood not distorted the truth anyway?

What the fukk do I look like supporting the white establishment continually making movies depicting how they shytted on us? I don't care that the director is black. fukk that nikka too for making a fukking slave movie, while some fat ass white execs make more money than you do off that shyt.

Where are the black action heroes or super heroes (They had Hancock simping a white bytch :dahell:) Where are the positive black family shows like The Cosby's at? Where are the movies where black people enslave white people, beat them, rape them, get rich off them, and nothing happens? Now there's a movie I would go see.

fukk supporting my movies highlighting the harrowing plight of my people funded by the same people that enslaved us in the first place. I'll gladly go support something that shows us in a positive light. Muthafukkas still trying to condition us and shyt. We gotta choose between this type shyt and Tyler Perry movies. Naw, fukk that