Just Saw 12 years a Slave and I m furious

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The irony is this is the first true honest depiction of slavery in a movie BASED on slavery.

I keep hearing that Hollywood KEEPS making slavery movies. Thats not true:

Amistad-courtroom Docudrama with the backdrop of the slave trade
Lincoln-biopic of the man, set during his last 5 months in office during the Civil War
Django-Spaghetti western featuring a slave
Roots-a mini series not a movie and also was made 35 years ago
Mandingo and the rest-blaxpoitation movies with the backdrop of slavery.

Where are all of these tons of slavery movies? this is the first accurate Hollywood full feature length movie based inside of slavery, feauturing the plight of slaves during slave times possibly EVER. Ive been waiting for a movie to show the atrocities of slavery with no bullshyt. Showing the true savages (yt) as they were. Black director, black writers and based on a black book.

i remember watching roots as a child seeing that little girl who was like 14, having he rtop ripped up then raped by the savage white man while her mom cried outside the door

folks need to remeber slavery wasnt all just working in the cotton field and dying at a old age,

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I mean, did they really have to go into details about whippings and showing the slaves' backs to make whites feel the power they once had ? Now, I see why white people didn't really like Django. Django had a black alpha male who would talk back to whites during the slavery era. That didn't sit too well with them. To add, the black man was smart and killed white people. So, of course that wouldn't sit well with them.

Posts like this makes me wonder if coli posters ever actually talk to White folks. I could understand we like to keep to ourselves but you couldn't possibly draw these conclusions without being willfully ignorant.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Man, I seen this movie the other day bout some nikka named Malcolm X. nikka was a straight BAUCE, putting white folks in they place and shyt, but then at the they killed the nikka!!! Hollywood stay on that bullshyt. They should've had him become president or ride on them white folks like Django. The movie some wack c00nin bullshyt yo"

:beli:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Posts like this makes me wonder if coli posters ever actually talk to White folks. I could understand we like to keep to ourselves but you couldn't possibly draw these conclusions without being willfully ignorant.

When it came to Django white folks ate that shyt up and praised it as an accurate portrayal of slavery. They also talked about how "funny" the scenes with the Clan are and they completely missed the point with the Stephen character.

By most reports white folks leave 12 Years a slave damaged, quite, and apologizing to the first black people they come across.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When did white people hate Django?

Nobody defended that movie more than white folks. They attacked any Black person who dared say that maybe making this type of film about Slavery isn't the best idea since people are already so misinformed about the topic.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I want to say fukk Schindler's List and fukk the :mjpls: you know who(rhymes with jews :heh:) . Stop it with these goodie good slavery movies, oh they tortured 10 nikkas :rudy: how about show the reality and MASSACRES these cac demons did against my ancestors and them poor Indians, killed more than the Nazis did :wow:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
"Man, I seen this movie the other day bout some nikka named Malcolm X. nikka was a straight BAUCE, putting white folks in they place and shyt, but then at the they killed the nikka!!! Hollywood stay on that bullshyt. They should've had him become president or ride on them white folks like Django. The movie some wack c00nin bullshyt yo"

:beli:

:dead: