Just Saw 12 years a Slave and I m furious

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Haven't seen it, but since you just put me up on it, I'll check it out. I'm downloading the torrent now

Cool, let me know how you felt about it after watching it and do you think it showed black people in a positive light?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Posts like this makes me wonder if coli posters ever actually talk to White folks. I could understand we like to keep to ourselves but you couldn't possibly draw these conclusions without being willfully ignorant.

THAT plus the film grossed 162,000,000. I guarantee you 85% of that was from White viewers

Black people should have come out in support of Steve McQueen just for the fact its a fantastic movie and was getting oscar buzz.

But nah. Tyler Perry wasn't in it. Morris Chestnutt wasn't in it. It wasn't some fun shyt to watch. It wasn't "My momma took my man" or "White Rom-Com With A Black Cast Pt. 80"

shyt's only grossed 25 million.

Last edited:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
THAT plus the film grossed 162,000,000. I guarantee you 85% of that was from White viewers

Black people should have come out in support of Steve McQueen just for the fact its a fantastic movie and was getting oscar buzz.

But nah. Tyler Perry wasn't in it. Morris Chestnutt wasn't in it. It wasn't some fun shyt to watch. It wasn't "My momma took my man" or "White Rom-Com With A Black Cast Pt. 80"

:heh:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Most black folk are ashamed of their history sadly. Hence the reason there are so many lost nikkas out here.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Go look in the discussion thread for the film. A lot of people had a hard time just finding a place that was screening the movie. At the height of it's buzz the film didn't get a wide release, so you had people wanting to see it that couldn't. It's still not showing in some places.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Posts like this makes me wonder if coli posters ever actually talk to White folks. I could understand we like to keep to ourselves but you couldn't possibly draw these conclusions without being willfully ignorant.

:dahell:

You not even Black, why are you trynna talk on that subject ? :leostare:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Most black folk are ashamed of their history sadly. Hence the reason there are so many lost nikkas out here.

I wont say that.

But I will say this, I think the majority of nikkas 25 and under don't give a fukk about our history period. It's not about shame, they just plain don't give a fukk. if it didn't happen yesterday they like fukk it.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
First off, :pacspit: to all you c00ns saying this movie was good and better than Django. As a black man, I felt very offended even though I am a foreigner. They went extra hard to shyt on Blacks and show how Cacs are superior. It was also disrespectful how 4 white couples who look like they post on st0rmfr0nt were giggling at the lashes, and making slick comments. I can't really be mad at them cuz Hollywood put those movies in theaters to do exactly that "shyt on Blacks". The hangings, the whippings, the rapes, the N words, and the betrayals are all they needed on screen to show how Blacks ain't shyt. I see Danny Glover had to go beg Chavez for money to fund Toussaint Louverture cuz nobody wanna touch it.

I mean, did they really have to go into details about whippings and showing the slaves' backs to make whites feel the power they once had ? Now, I see why white people didn't really like Django. Django had a black alpha male who would talk back to whites during the slavery era. That didn't sit too well with them. To add, the black man was smart and killed white people. So, of course that wouldn't sit well with them.

The reason I went to see it was because of the good reviews and praises it got from coli posters. I forgot most of you neggas were c00ns. c00nS to the highest degree :pacspit:
Lan gèt manman ou KAKA.... LeVraiMASiSi ? :skip:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Agreed. Rather watch at home on demand or stream or bootleg. Going to a movie that will surely infuriate you is not my idea of entertainment.

This.... I couldn't even see myself eating popcorn during a movie like this.