¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This is one of his top albums, and for people saying there isn’t much substance :mjlol: a lot of what he said probably went over your heads.

If this same album dropped 7 years ago, it would’ve been praised.

Musically this album is fire. Can basically play it all the way thru. He explored multiple sounds, styles and even gave it songs where he was rapping lie it was 2004.

Some of yall are forcing yourselves to or looking for excuses to hate it.
This. The number 1 album in Israel

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He desperately needs to get back with Rhymefest, his wit/skill with the pen was a huge huge part of why a lot of Kanye’s earlier work was so fire. I ain’t check this yet, I probably won’t…but I been feeling like this for madd long now. Even if the production is dope…them lyrics man…he ain’t the same without Rhymefest and whoever else was penning for him. Pusha T and whoever else ain’t it, respectfully. Consequence still write for him?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He desperately needs to get back with Rhymefest, his wit/skill with the pen was a huge huge part of why a lot of Kanye’s earlier work was so fire. I ain’t check this yet, I probably won’t…but I been feeling like this for madd long now. Even if the production is dope…them lyrics man…he ain’t the same without Rhymefest and whoever else was penning for him. Pusha T and whoever else ain’t it, respectfully. Consequence still write for him?

Fest, GLC, Really Doe, Malik Yusef, and Consequence were the OG ghostwriting team. He has periods where he falls out with and gets back cool with each of them but I can’t recall the last time all of them were on the team. He moved onto Cudi, Big Sean, Cyhi, Push with a little help from Lupe here and there before it got to the point where it seemed like he just had whoever was featured heavily on the album just go ahead and become his writer as well.

Push is gone and doing his own thing and Cyhi recently has been back in the studio. He’s credited on the North West song.

But none of it makes any difference if this shallow, sex obsessed, corny bar route is the path Kanye HIMSELF wants to take. Everyone knows Cyhi is an incredible writer but if Kanye wants HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT HOODRAT for an ENTIRE song then thats what its going to be. Which is why he sucks now

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
just turned on carnival on the way to starbucks. shyt blew my muffin cap back blue.

its something about the eastern european accent on the hook, dunno why but that shyt is like a shot of heroin

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Rhymefest? :laff: What year is this?

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
From what I heard I just can’t get into it like that. Mainly because of TY though

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Serious question. Why would he possibly feel incentivized to do this?