¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
From what I heard I just can’t get into it like that. Mainly because of TY though

damn, I'm the opposite ii thought ty was saving a few tracks cuz ye was rappin some subpar bars on here smh...production is fire though...carti slid on his features...like the second half better than the first...

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
damn, I'm the opposite ii thought ty was saving a few tracks cuz ye was rappin some subpar bars on here smh...production is fire though...carti slid on his features...like the second half better than the first...
Yeah after giving it a proper run I changed my mind I do enjoy the second half and like Ty$ contribution a lil more but man he’s so basic in comparison to who he’s working w even rich the kid dare I say had more depth on carnival than Ty did but I take a lot of what I said back the highs are outweigh the lows of this project and that’s all I need from a near 50 ye like he’s supposed to be extremely washed (which he is) but he still makes decent music. This would be an aspiring artists dream debut but since the bar is high we shyt on it

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I think the problem is people are taking this seriously and Ye just not a super serious person anymore. This shyt is mindless and sounds good and that’s ok. The old stuff is the old stuff and this isn’t that. I appreciate it for what it is. No need to look deeper from him anymore.
A lot of people are projecting their personal opinions of Kanye onto the music and can't take it for what it is. I'd respect it if they kept it consistent.

I'm able to separate the music from the person because most people ain't shyt :yeshrug:

Daps
I dont fukk with Kanye much and not liked many of the recent stuff at all but this isn't bad, not sure how often I would spin it but it's a good album top to bottom

OrbanTrilltor

All Star
Daps
ALL THIS MONEY ON THE FLOOR
TENRACKSTHROWITUP
WATCH HOW I DOoooOOoooO IT MAKE HER DROP TO HER TOES
BEND IT OVER
PICK IT UP REAL SLOOOOW
full

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
A lot of people are projecting their personal opinions of Kanye onto the music and can't take it for what it is. I'd respect it if they kept it consistent.

I'm able to separate the music from the person because most people ain't shyt :yeshrug:
Here’s the problem on this one, how are you separating the person from the music, when the personality is overwhelmingly in the DNA of the music at this point?

Lyrically I never had the highest of standards for Ye, but this one just reaches new lows. Not even just from a technical standpoint, it’s just like “nikka what the fukk are you talking about? :why:

I’m not gonna front on the production, if this has far less Ye vocals and more of Ty $ (or even give this production to someone who’s gonna do something with it) then this would be a fire ass album.

Lyric wise, ain’t nothing I’m coming back to. :wow:

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Here’s the problem on this one, how are you separating the person from the music, when the personality is overwhelmingly in the DNA of the music at this point?

Lyrically I never had the highest of standards for Ye, but this one just reaches new lows. Not even just from a technical standpoint, it’s just like “nikka what the fukk are you talking about? :why:

I’m not gonna front on the production, if this has far less Ye vocals and more of Ty $ (or even give this production to someone who’s gonna do something with it) then this would be a fire ass album.

Lyric wise, ain’t nothing I’m coming back to.
Lyrics are just a piece of the package to me :yeshrug:

I’m not saying you’re doing this, but you got people saying this is one of the worst albums ever, every song is noise bla bla bla. When the reality is just off production alone it sounds better than like 90% of mainstream rap. We know Kanye is a dikkhead at this point so if you’re expecting thoughtful bars that’s on you imo

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I think the problem is people are taking this seriously and Ye just not a super serious person anymore. This shyt is mindless and sounds good and that’s ok. The old stuff is the old stuff and this isn’t that. I appreciate it for what it is. No need to look deeper from him anymore.
Great way to put it. One thing I can appreciate from Kanye is every drop you don’t know what you’re gonna get. Even though it sounds a little all over the place, like all his albums have since Pablo this one is a bit more concise as in the number of songs. There’s a little bit of something for everybody on here. I get 808’s vibes, Yeezus vibes on some of these as well as old Kanye vibes.