Karate chick gets her ass kicked after throwing the first punch

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand this hit people and the people getting offended when you get beat up.

Seriously any women that post on the coli want to explain this logic.

I'm not for hitting women. But if she felt bold enough to attack that dude what if it was some skinny nerdy dude?

I really don't get why people are shocked that someone beats the breaks off them after any type of physical contact is made.... no matter how charmin soft

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I don't understand this hit people and the people getting offended when you get beat up.

Seriously any women that post on the coli want to explain this logic.

I'm not for hitting women. But if she felt bold enough to attack that dude what if it was some skinny nerdy dude?

I really don't get why people are shocked that someone beats the breaks off them after any type of physical contact is made.... no matter how charmin soft
It's about women and accountability, but if I go into detail, some of these dudes will say I hate women :hubie:

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
How can you say that when before MMA/UFC we were innundated with a bunch of mystical Chinese bullshyt that never worked? I’d rather take the annoying “dude bro” culture that comes with MMA then the mystical one hot chi death blow or the animal styles BS we were flooded with before 1995. MMA has single handedly exposed a lot of TMA that claimed to be deadly such as Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Kung Fu, Aikido, some Karate styles by making its practicioners step into the ring and prove it. UFC was pivotal in this and once Royce Gracie got on the scene we started to see MMA morph into essentially a fusion of Wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, and a few others. It can even be argued that MMA is a style now because each individual style has adapted to function best in a MMA contest. For instance, a Nak Muay can’t keep their traditional stance in MMA as it leaves them vulnerable to takedowns just like a Boxer can’t keep their stance as it leaves them open to leg kicks or how a BJJ can’r hunch over as it leaves them open to a knee.

Bro... MMA existed before UFC. K-1/Pride were basically MMA fights with people with different or multiple backgrounds competing.

It was bloodsport without as much blood and with rules (less rules than MMA today).

Damn near everyone was juiced up (MMA fighters still take and use the most PED’s out of any sport).

Tournaments still do exist for certain arts.

MMA didn’t really do anything but make it a fast food restaurant for cats to live out their fighting fantasies.. most people practicing an art lived by its ethical codes. Even Jon Bones meditates and tries to practice the positive lifestyle (drugs or not... he still human. Sensei has probably used opiods too back in the hot days)

Bruce lee was really the guy that started mixing styles and eventually BJJ became hot.

Stop trying to blame TMA as a reason she got washed. It was MMA. She thought her shyt didn’t stink because she sparred and trained and that IRL asswhippin on the side of the street by a nikka who doesn’t train but been in crazy life/death situations is no joke

I think it's the same issue, just shows up in different ways. Pre-mainstream MMA you had a lot of the mystical/flashier arts where people were trying to emulate stuff they saw in kung fu movies. Breaking boards, memorizing stances, punches and kicks with highly telegraphed movement, etc. People would get higher ranked belts in arts like these and feel confident despite a complete lack of pressure testing let alone sparring. These schools were a dime-a-dozen but honestly weren't worth much. I took Kung Fu for a few years as a kid and tbh I don't remember any of it. Most of it was just stance memorization and the striking we did when we "sparred" was awful. Meanwhile, I've been taking boxing classes for a year now and I love that everything we learn is for the purpose of actual use in a match. The first class you're already learning every type of punch, and you'll be working on that along with your movement for as long as you train.

MMA is good b/c it filters out what works in martial arts and what doesn't. The prob is that "MMA" gets used as a buzzword and people want to learn it without understanding why certain things work in combat sports and others don't. I feel like the average joe that wants to learn to defend themselves is better off just picking up something fundamentally strong like Boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ/Judo and grinding it out for a while. There's enough pressure testing going on that you'll get humbled and don't run the risk of thinking you're Batman after a few classes and getting whooped IRL.

And don't get me started on these self-defense "Krav Maga" McDojos that have people thinking they can take on attackers with knives/guns... :stopitslime:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some reason, being in parking lots makes people turn into even bigger retards than they already are. Ya'll need to always remember that you don't know how crazy the person you're arguin with is. Will never forget the day some old-ass white man came at me in a grocery parking lot and i slept him with one kidney punch. But as he was laying there a crowd started to form, I had to think quickly and called 911, telling em that he'd passed out. Then I got the fukk outta there after buying a ham. This is the kind of tactical thinking you need to survive in 2018.
:russ:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Why do yall think people operate on the same set of rules you do? :mindblown:

You'll get killed out here thinking like that
I don't. Women do. I know theres dudes who don't give a fukk and are looking for a reason, I just think that just because you can, doesn't make it right or a good thing to do.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I think it's the same issue, just shows up in different ways. Pre-mainstream MMA you had a lot of the mystical/flashier arts where people were trying to emulate stuff they saw in kung fu movies. Breaking boards, memorizing stances, punches and kicks with highly telegraphed movement, etc. People would get higher ranked belts in arts like these and feel confident despite a complete lack of pressure testing let alone sparring. These schools were a dime-a-dozen but honestly weren't worth much. I took Kung Fu for a few years as a kid and tbh I don't remember any of it. Most of it was just stance memorization and the striking we did when we "sparred" was awful. Meanwhile, I've been taking boxing classes for a year now and I love that everything we learn is for the purpose of actual use in a match. The first class you're already learning every type of punch, and you'll be working on that along with your movement for as long as you train.

MMA is good b/c it filters out what works in martial arts and what doesn't. The prob is that "MMA" gets used as a buzzword and people want to learn it without understanding why certain things work in combat sports and others don't. I feel like the average joe that wants to learn to defend themselves is better off just picking up something fundamentally strong like Boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ/Judo and grinding it out for a while. There's enough pressure testing going on that you'll get humbled and don't run the risk of thinking you're Batman after a few classes and getting whooped IRL.

And don't get me started on these self-defense "Krav Maga" McDojos that have people thinking they can take on attackers with knives/guns... :stopitslime:

You said everything I’ve been trying to say but much more eloquently. Salute!

:salute:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
"As you see in the video I go flying I don't remember that but it was all in instinct."

"I don't know what's worse the beating they took or the beating we're taking every day,"

"A Super Bowl can be overturned from a different angle you know it looks like his foot is not out of bounds and it is if you see it from a different angle," Henry Lozano said. "You're seeing it from one angle."

:laff:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

repped...l because this is EXACTLY what it is

I loved TKD as a class... my instructor was dope, I learned some good training and fighting techniques, but I noticed at school when I had to run those hands, the only thing I used from TKD was a stance I picked up naturally to give decent range and distance. I was quick and flexible but I didn't EVER throw kicks... it was impractical to me. When someone threw a kick I usually could easily see telegraphed I just checked it or moved at an awkward angle for it to land and proceeded to use my hands to strike (Muay Thai is harder because kicks tend to be lower and quicker). That what got me into boxing. I would usually end up in fights and mostly use my hands (often times I had to fight more than one person as well. WTF I look like doing a spinning back kick with 3 nikkas in a phone booth?)

Once I started boxing, training for it, getting GOOD at it, my body became naturally stronger, nobody really fukked with me anymore and not because I thought I was the shyt... because I legit knew how to box and was above average. If they wanted to "spar" I legit could out box them and usually hurt them because I was quick on my feet from my TKD days but I was a striker... I didn't use a lot of movement and energy but I could make you miss and hit you at the same time with minimum effort. One of my homeboys in HS was a legit amateur MMA fighter and this was before it was cool to be one (and he was black). We used to spar all the time and I would purposely try to fight him in a phone booth just to counter. He told me then that my hands were above average (I was trash on the ground though) but I had power with minimum movement

My little sister is a black belt TKD but she got it from a McDojo so she knows some shyt but she's not CRAZY... she even admits that she knows I could beat her ass. Her and my father actually got in a real scuffle and he beat her ass (something I had to check both of them about) but I like the fact that she knows how to defend herself to an extent.. but not to be running around trying to fight cats 3 times her size when she could let shyt go.

Them Krav Maga classes at her dojo used to have me like :dwillhuh: because these old white people used to really think they could beat your ass... and I'm like:dwillhuh: watching them hit bags or spar..

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
How can you say that when before MMA/UFC we were innundated with a bunch of mystical Chinese bullshyt that never worked? I’d rather take the annoying “dude bro” culture that comes with MMA then the mystical one hot chi death blow or the animal styles BS we were flooded with before 1995. MMA has single handedly exposed a lot of TMA that claimed to be deadly such as Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Kung Fu
Those are TWO Styles and ONE ART you just mentioned...so already you're arguing from a place of a lack of knowledge or confusion

You are literally doing what I just said, repeating things, that schools who have latched on to the "MMA" buzzword, repeat in order to sell uniforms.

It's literally no different than TMA school teaching "one touch kills" and what not...which is bullshyt and most LEGIT Kung Fu schools will tell you as such.

Also, I very much doubt anyone born in the past 50 years has seen actual Tai Chi...another thing you should research on why exactly that is...

My suggestion to you would be to do some research my friend...and by research, I mean actually go to a library, not repeat something you see on a message board, blog or some other shyt.

Aikido, some Karate styles by making its practicioners step into the ring and prove it. UFC was pivotal in this and once Royce Gracie got on the scene we started to see MMA morph into essentially a fusion of Wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, and a few others. It can even be argued that MMA is a style now because each individual style has adapted to function best in a MMA contest. For instance, a Nak Muay can’t keep their traditional stance in MMA as it leaves them vulnerable to takedowns just like a Boxer can’t keep their stance as it leaves them open to leg kicks or how a BJJ can’r hunch over as it leaves them open to a knee.
And on a side note, anyone reading this, do yourself a favor: if you live in a major city, go to ALL the oldest TMA schools in that city

- If they don't do full contact sparring: That is the bullshyt school. Period.

- If you walk in and you see the instructor doing "one touch" anything: This is the bullshyt school. Period.

- If they tell you you can fight "using a form" or "kata" rather than concepts from a form: this is the bullshyt school. Period

That is a good baseline.

However...unless you're Ryu from Street Fighter and you've traveled the world and fought the best of the best at all their particular arts...something that no man or woman has done or will ever do...using UFC as a watermark for proficiency or validity isn't a wise choice.

Because following that path, at some point, sooner or later, no matter what you're good at, you will run into someone who is better at their shyt than you are at yours, and you might get washed.

Last edited:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Those are TWO Styles and ONE ART you just mentioned...so already you're arguing from a place of a lack of knowledge or confusion

You are literally doing what I just said, repeating things, that schools who have latched on to the "MMA" buzzword, repeat in order to sell uniforms.

It's literally no different than TMA school teaching "one touch kills" and what not...which is bullshyt and most LEGIT Kung Fu schools will tell you as such.

Also, I very much doubt anyone born in the past 50 years has seen actual Tai Chi...another thing you should research on why exactly that is...

My suggestion to you would be to do some research my friend...and by research, I mean actually go to a library, not repeat something you see on a message board, blog or some other shyt.

And on a side note, anyone reading this, do yourself a favor: if you live in a major city, go to ALL the oldest TMA schools in that city

- If they don't do full contact sparring: That is the bullshyt school. Period.

- If you walk in and you see the instructor doing "one touch" anything: This is the bullshyt school. Period.

- If they tell you you can fight "using a form" or "kata" rather than concepts from a form: this is the bullshyt school. Period

That is a good baseline.

However...unless you're Ryu from Street Fighter and you've traveled the world and fought the best of the best at all their particular arts...something that no man or woman has done or will ever do...using UFC as a watermark for proficiency or validity isn't a wise choice.

Because following that path, at some point, sooner or later, no matter what you're good at, you will run into someone who is better at their shyt than you are at yours, and you might get washed.

Well outside of taking Kenpo I don’t have a large TMA background and I’m fine with that because 90% of the TMA in So. Cal. is McDojo nonsense. So I’ll let you have the superior position on TMA...I may or may not be correct and I don’t really care because in the US TMA is filled with a bunch of BS.

I used to stand in a horse stance and through punches from my hip in Kenpo which is useless bullshyt which is what a lot of TMA is filled with. A horse stance provides no defense, doesn’t allow you to use your legs for power, and so we wouldn’t use it for sparring which begs the question...WHY DO THAT BULLshyt IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I prefer Boxing and Muay Thai because they are practical and don’t spend time training on things that don’t help you in combat. I respect MMA because it asks “if your martial art is the deadliest, bring it in the ring”. If the Wing Chun centerline concept is effective in a fight you can put it to the test against a someone who has a background in Kenpo and test it. It may not be perfect and every promotion may not be the best but I feel it’s the purest we ever have seen Martial Arts. All the mystical bullshyt has to take a backseat to what works and that is as honorable as it gets.