KD's lack of a back to the basket game

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I find that the Thunder take way too many jump shots. No one wants to give Tony Allen props for his ball denial on KD last night, but I can't see the Thunder winning it all if KD is forced into being a jump shooter when he can't slash through defenses.

It's the absence of a back to the basket game that's going to hold KD back. People want to blame Russ for taking all of those shots when KD doesn't give his pg a chance to dump an entry pass into him.

One of the reasons why I personally like Paul Pierce and Melo's game more than his...

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find that the Thunder take way too many jump shots. No one wants to give Tony Allen props for his ball denial on KD last night, but I can't see the Thunder winning it all if KD is forced into being a jump shooter when he can't slash through defenses.

It's the absence of a back to the basket game that's going to hold KD back. People want to blame Russ for taking all of those shots when KD doesn't give his pg a chance to dump an entry pass into him.

One of the reasons why I personally like Paul Pierce and Melo's game more than his...

He's going to have to learn like lebron did:yeshrug:

Sulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
****.... idk
his combo of quickness/speed + too lanky and skinny he'll get hurt doing it consistently.... yea he can burn on a fast break but driving in that lane hes not elusive enough to consistently do it with sucess he needs to gain some muscle over the offseason tho

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's to tall and lanky. Not strong enough to back people down on a consistent basis. Best bet is have him seal from 15-17 2 bounces then fire his shot

Dude is damn near seven feet though, and with his shooting ability, he'll should be able to develop a fadaway or at least take advantage of smaller defenders even without lebron's slave like strength. Plus, the advantage of passing out of the post with his height.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
his combo of quickness/speed + too lanky and skinny he'll get hurt doing it consistently....
He's to tall and lanky. Not strong enough to back people down on a consistent basis. Best bet is have him seal from 15-17 2 bounces then fire his shot
this is stupid.

the only way he will win a title is when he develops a back to the basket game. Dirk did it, and he became a top 20 player of all time and got his ring. If Durant had a back to the basket game, OKC would win the title this year.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Dude is damn near seven feet though, and with his shooting ability, he'll should be able to develop a fadaway or at least take advantage of smaller defenders even without lebron's slave like strength. Plus, the advantage of passing out of the post with his height.

:laff:

Sulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
****.... idk
this is stupid.

the only way he will win a title is when he develops a back to the basket game. Dirk did it, and he became a top 20 player of all time and got his ring. If Durant had a back to the basket game, OKC would win the title this year.
the truth is stupid?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He'll figure it out. His athleticism is as good as its going to get so he feels like there is no need to implement a post game as it sits. MJ, Kobe, Bron...all faced that same issue. Coincidentally, all 3 ended up being devastating in the post when given the chance. Durant will do the same.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
the truth is stupid?
because it aint true.

its not even about backing someone down to the hoop. Footwork and positioning is key. Thats where a post moves comes from.

Plus he has length and quickness.

The only way OKC will win an NBA title is if they can get low post scoring, and Durant should have that in his game by now.

Last edited:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's pretty much the only thing seperating him from Bron right now and the reason I give OKC no chance if they face the Heat in the Finals again. You can't win championships in this league without a post pressence. Jump shots will only take you so far. That was the big difference in the 2012 Finals.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The only way OKC will win an NBA title is if they can get low post scoring, and Durant should have that in his game by now.
He's only 25. And he's got a jumper that's damn near automatic. And he gets to the line at will.

There's no way he thinks not going to the post is limiting his game. It just takes time. The stats will go down but he'll be better.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
It's pretty much the only thing seperating him from Bron right now and the reason I give OKC no chance if they face the Heat in the Finals again. You can't win championships in this league without a post pressence. Jump shots will only take you so far. That was the big difference in the 2012 Finals.

This pic immediately popped into my head when you mentioned that :lolbron:

hT5Hx.jpg