KD's lack of a back to the basket game

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is stupid.

the only way he will win a title is when he develops a back to the basket game. Dirk did it, and he became a top 20 player of all time and got his ring. If Durant had a back to the basket game, OKC would win the title this year.

Apparently you don't watch the game. Until OKC get a coach that can run an offense that doesn't consist of dribbling and having your players rub off down screens to catch the ball 30 feet from the basket, the won't win anything. It was glaring how down the stretch Memphis ran good offense to get buckets (i.e. the Tony Allen dish to Z-bo for the layup in OT) while Russ pounded the ball into the ground waiting on KD to fight through the clogged up down screens to only catch the ball at the 3 point line with 12-15 seconds left on the clock. Brooks is holding this team back. The few times KD found himself on a free release and caught the ball at the elbow, it was money. Brooks isn't a championship coach. He's wasting Russ and KD window for a chip.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
His post game is fine, it's just he doesn't consistently go to it and demand position. It's that or either he can't get position due to stronger defender sometimes. LeBron dominated in the post in that finals with his zbo like physical nature getting Sefolosha and Harden in foul trouble, and when they doubled he kicked it to his shooters.

Durant has had problems getting the ball in crucial times his whole career. I honestly can't tell or not if it's a physical thing or what. This series when guarded by Tony Allen he's shooting 36% :wow: when being guarded by anyone else he' shooting 56%. Smaller defenders who can get into his ball space and deny him entry do great against him.​

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Apparently you don't watch the game. Until OKC get a coach that can run an offense that doesn't consist of dribbling and having your players rub off down screens to catch the ball 30 feet from the basket, the won't win anything. It was glaring how down the stretch Memphis ran good offense to get buckets (i.e. the Tony Allen dish to Z-bo for the layup in OT) while Russ pounded the ball into the ground waiting on KD to fight through the clogged up down screens to only catch the ball at the 3 point line with 12-15 seconds left on the clock. Brooks is holding this team back. The few times KD found himself on a free release and caught the ball at the elbow, it was money. Brooks isn't a championship coach. He's wasting Russ and KD window for a chip.
Spot.......ON!!! :scusthov:

But that aside, KD can make it easier on everyone if he allows his teammates to dump an entry pass into him.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
dont get it twisted breh, ive been anti-Scott Brooks since 2011. I saw through him way back then when he was putting in Eric Maynor over Russy in critical situations. :scusthov:

But Durant would even make him look smarter by developing a back to the basket game.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He doesn't have the same push and pressure to get a post game like LeBron did.
He will if OKC loses again :russ:

Bron developed a postgame because everyone was yelling and screaming at him for years for not having one. Dude is the same size as Karl Malone and passes like Magic.

Durant is a little different. You could compare him to Dirk but in his offense he's a swingman. He also has to playmake. Dirk doesn't have those responsibilities. So he'd have to learn how to both pass and score from the post. Could take him a year or two to get that down.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Its hard work goin down there in that low block and scoring or gettin fouled. Thats why these wings don't wanna do it.. I don't think he wants to deal with that punishment.

KD is a classic SF to me.. I don't think he is built for the low post..

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The Thunder need to find somebody else that can score in the paint.. Not everybody is Lebron.. I don't think KD should be asked to take that punishment.. Look at his body.

If anything he needs to get his Sam Cassell on and just bury you with mid range jumpers.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm saying they don't have a lack of posting.. they need KD to play the 2 again. .. to me hey were experimenting last night... I think they will crush Memphis next game
6I8BdYI.png