Kendrick's getting sued a million from Rigamortis

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
If you have the profile of Kendrick its dumb to not clear samples, hes getting sued by Alan Parsons Project for another track off Section 80.

When you sign to Aftermath and go platinum these people know you've got money so they crawl out the woodwork and want their cut.

I think the sampling laws should be changed and be easier to navigate for artists. The only reason hes being sued for millions is because he has millions, if this was a Jay Rock song, nobody would sue.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
If you have the profile of Kendrick its dumb to not clear samples, hes getting sued by Alan Parsons Project for another track off Section 80.

When you sign to Aftermath and go platinum these people know you've got money so they crawl out the woodwork and want their cut.

I think the sampling laws should be changed and be easier to navigate for artists. The only reason hes being sued for millions is because he has millions, if this was a Jay Rock song, nobody would sue.

They only come after you if the song is doing numbers.. That's how unknown rappers get away with it..I got like 10 samples off my album I'm not clearing

ShaDynasty

Daps
The sampling laws are ridiculous. This cat is trying to say he stole the whole song, in reality its a very short horn loop that was used and its totally dismissive of the production work and rapping.

They deserve some money, obviously and it should have been cleared in the first place given the buzz Kendrick had at the time, but they don't deserve all the publishing.

ShaDynasty

Daps
Consider that Willie Jones suddenly has a big profile in music from this, he should be thanking that TDE midget.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
The sampling laws are ridiculous. This cat is trying to say he stole the whole song, in reality its a very short horn loop that was used and its totally dismissive of the production work and rapping.

They deserve some money, obviously and it should have been cleared in the first place given the buzz Kendrick had at the time, but they don't deserve all the publishing.

They should just divide how many songs are on the album..and take the money he made off the album and divide the songs by total amount he made and get paid for 1 song.. If he made a million and there are 10 songs they should get 100k