Kevin Feige calls a Fox and Marvel Studios partnership "An Impossibility"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would be very surprised if a deal isn't worked out where FF4 and it's respective characters are used in the MCU.

Fred.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I would be very surprised if a deal isn't worked out where FF4 and it's respective characters are used in the MCU.

Fred.

I think that will be the case.

They are fukking up the X-Men but Deadpool gives them hope and Marvel is moving forward with the Inhuman's...I'd love to see them done right but at this point fukk it.

God AOA was so fukking trash....

:snoop:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Uh that was the last plan to combine FF and X-MEN. They can't get FF off the ground. Yeah keep making FF movies. They will get 0 support from anyone who has seen the previous three. Especially if they half ass it.
They can do what they want but what is the smart play for them? Keeping FF is not smart is what I'm saying.
If they get a competent team together to make an FF movie than it could be a success. That is why it is a smart play because if they strike gold they make a shyt ton of money and in the long term an X-MEN/FF crossover universe is a potential cash cow.
Take a few steps back from being a stan and look at what Fox has...they have a ready made comic book movie universe with amazing earning potential. Every studio on the outside of Disney/WB/Sony is desperate for that.
With Wolverine's final movie coming they in a pretty good position to reboot the X-Men franchise and from there they can try to incorporate the FF into it.
Now they may fukk it up again but I don't think Fox ever went into any of those FF movies thinking "this is gonna be some hot garbage!", they go into it thinking they are making something that will be successful.
And as an IP the FF is a potential gold mine that Fox would be stupid to just hand back to Marvel.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Fred.
If the movie side of Fox is as strident towards Marvel (and vice versa from the looks of it) then I would think the only way we see that happening is if a couple high ranking Fox execs get their emails hacked and the scandal/embarrassment forces them team up with Marvel like what happened with Sony.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People like to clown on the F4 but don't realize how much they truly changed the game when they first dropped. Their debut predates the X-men, Avengers, and even Spider-man.
Before the Fantastic 4, nobody had ever really seen superheroes that act like actual people and not paragons. You had a main hero that was hyperfocused on his work and ignored his wife. A main hero that looked like freaky monster but was still a good guy. Cosmic entities and beings from other planets and dimensions they would interact with regularly. This was the comic that introduced (arguably) the GOAT supervillain Doctor Doom, as well as the likes of the Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Skrulls, Uatu the Watcher, Black Panther, the Negative Zone, and the Inhumans. We take all that for granted because EVERYBODY's following the formula that the F4 pioneered.

Fantastic_Four_48.jpg

When this first dropped there was NOTHING else like it. If Marvel got the rights back and had people that really cared working on their movies, a Fantastic Four movie could be lit, and I say this as an X-men stan. A lot of us might prefer the X-men or the Avengers, but let's not forget that the Fantastic 4 had the recipe. The rest of these characters would have gone nowhere if the F4 hadn't taken off when they did. Their rights need to go back to Marvel ASAP.

I can live with X-men staying at Fox, but they need a hard reboot with new director who knows the lore and truly cares about the source material. (I wouldn't complain if they went back to Marvel though :francis: )
We need a reboot based on the GOAT X-men era! :mjgrin:

672111.jpg

6bd3315e98ad32bf48fe495a3d121d63.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the movie side of Fox is as strident towards Marvel (and vice versa from the looks of it) then I would think the only way we see that happening is if a couple high ranking Fox execs get their emails hacked and the scandal/embarrassment forces them team up with Marvel like what happened with Sony.

That's not what happened though. The Sony emails showed interest in working with Marvel totally independent of whether or not they were made public. The only thing the hack did is severely lessen Sony's negotiating position during those talks.

If they get a competent team together to make an FF movie than it could be a success. That is why it is a smart play because if they strike gold they make a shyt ton of money and in the long term an X-MEN/FF crossover universe is a potential cash cow.
Take a few steps back from being a stan and look at what Fox has...they have a ready made comic book movie universe with amazing earning potential. Every studio on the outside of Disney/WB/Sony is desperate for that.
With Wolverine's final movie coming they in a pretty good position to reboot the X-Men franchise and from there they can try to incorporate the FF into it.
Now they may fukk it up again but I don't think Fox ever went into any of those FF movies thinking "this is gonna be some hot garbage!", they go into it thinking they are making something that will be successful.
And as an IP the FF is a potential gold mine that Fox would be stupid to just hand back to Marvel.

FF4 being a potential gold mine is not a foregone conclusion. Especially not after three fails. Marvel has already shown they can take D tier characters like Guardians Of The Galaxy and Dr. Strange and make them hits.

Fox was given X-Men, which is hands down Marvel's hottest team and they've barely been able to do the numbers of the MCU, which was originally characters nobody wanted the cinematic rights to. Before anybody mentions "Deadpool", that is an outlier so far. The MCU does that on the regular.

Do I think the MCU will ever get X-Men back? Probably not. FF4? I'd be very surprised if they didn't. The same things people are saying about FF4, people said about Spider-Man, and that was actually a successful franchise.

Fred.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FOX doesn't have the opportunity to do any of that to Marvel tho. They only did that when there was no room for negotiation with FOX anyway. Whose fault is that?
Why keep the rights if you are just going to make shytty movies that lose money? The comic community knows by now you have shyt the bed 3 times. You will get no support from any of them who have seen the previous three movies in a new production.
Think of the announcement, "FOX is going to make another FF movie this time starring (insert name) or directed by ( insert name). Fanboys and comic nerds will curse their name if they do that. That's just giving your studio bad PR in the comic book movie space just to spite Marvel. Dumb move.

you're right, fox doesnt have the opportunity to do it to marvel, so why do people blame them like they do?...all they can do is create movies/tv shows...and even with the tv shows, marvel has input....

the bold isnt true....marvel started killing off mutants (and not creating new ones), while trying to push the inhumans into that spot for a long time now...just like they started taking the shine off spidey, before the sony deal....this isnt new...also, there has always been room for negotiation, marvel just trying to bully fox, and get the rights for the low....which fox isnt going for...

you keep the rights cause it's business....marvel trying to get them for low, fox holding on to them for a bigger payout, is all business....seriously, why give up something for cheap just cause fanboys complain?..that's dumb....you say no one will go see a FF movie, i disagree....if they make a good movie, people will go see it...cause in the end, that's all that matters: whether the movie is good or not...if people wont see a good movie cause fox did it and not marvel, that's dumb....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

exactly....it's business, but people acting like it's only marvel conducting it....if marvel went to fox with a good deal for the rights(including sharing), i'm sure fox would gladly work with them...but marvel not doing that cause marvel just to wait/hope fox give in....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh he played the Stan card! :russ: People can't just disagree without this being the case anymore?! Marvel Stans have buried the hatchet but I see some don't want the Stan wars to die. Bad timing. :ufdup:
I said sell it back. And they shyt the bed too many times for this to be a potential success IMO. A component team is going to cost more than normal due to their past failures. Are they really going to pay extra, climb an uphill battle with the core audience sentiments just for a potential but highly unlikely goldmine of the FF4 franchise?! I doubt FOX even does that and I definitely think it is a dumb idea. But I respect your opposing position. :troll:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

I'm not sure about FF4. But the X-MEN will never show up in the MCU. Fox will hold on to X-MEN FOREVER. They don't care how many times they have to reboot it.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure about FF4. But the X-MEN will never show up in the MCU. Fox will hold on to X-MEN FOREVER. They don't care how many times they have to reboot it.

Yea xmen are iconic so that would be dumb to give that back. Fox just need to hire a Feige type cac to oversee everything but too many bosses to sit back and let one dude get all the credit for launching a billion dollar universe

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh he played the Stan card! :russ: People can't just disagree without this being the case anymore?! Marvel Stans have buried the hatchet but I see some don't want the Stan wars to die. Bad timing. :ufdup:
I said sell it back. And they shyt the bed too many times for this to be a potential success IMO. A component team is going to cost more than normal due to their past failures. Are they really going to pay extra, climb an uphill battle with the core audience sentiments just for a potential but highly unlikely goldmine of the FF4 franchise?! I doubt FOX even does that and I definitely think it is a dumb idea. But I respect your opposing position. :troll:
If the standom fits...just saying Fox needs to give the FF back to Marvel because the Fox FF movies have sucked is the type of stuff a stan would say. All of your arguments for Fox letting the rights revert are based on your being a Marvel movie fan and not looking at things the way a movie studio would.
Those characters are valuable and to just hand them back over would be bad business on Fox's part.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Thats how you can tell when these niccas get hurt:mjlol:

The War ended a LONG time ago:russ:

But it can be brought back if niccas wont, but it wont go so well for some folks round here:skip:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If the standom fits...just saying Fox needs to give the FF back to Marvel because the Fox FF movies have sucked is the type of stuff a stan would say. All of your arguments for Fox letting the rights revert are based on your being a Marvel movie fan and not looking at things the way a movie studio would.
Those characters are valuable and to just hand them back over would be bad business on Fox's part.
Must be a lot of Marvel Stans cause more than a few people in this thread are saying, 'give it back to Marvel'. I at least said 'sell'. But I get labelled the Stan?
So you think Fox had no stigma to overcome with the core audience from their previous failed efforts if they try another reboot? :jbhmm: