Kevin Feige calls a Fox and Marvel Studios partnership "An Impossibility"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Why the fukk do people insist that the F4 don't matter, only Doom does? His relationship with the F4 and his rivalry with Reed in particular determine so much about the character's greatness. You can't just go "Oh, we'll have him beef with Tony Stark instead, he's a genius too" because Tony's personality differs from Reed's so much (a showboat vs a guy a who doesn't give a shyt about credentials) that the entire dynamic with Doom would be different, and not for the better.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Why the fukk do people insist that the F4 don't matter, only Doom does? His relationship with the F4 and his rivalry with Reed in particular determine so much about the character's greatness. You can't just go "Oh, we'll have him beef with Tony Stark instead, he's a genius too" because Tony's personality differs from Reed's so much (a showboat vs a guy a who doesn't give a shyt about credentials) that the entire dynamic with Doom would be different, and not for the better.
Let's be honest

The mcu would absolutely force iron man into that role.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Must be a lot of Marvel Stans cause more than a few people in this thread are saying, 'give it back to Marvel'. I at least said 'sell'. But I get labelled the Stan?
So you think Fox had no stigma to overcome with the core audience from their previous failed efforts if they try another reboot? :jbhmm:
Fox has tons of stigma to overcome when it comes to the FF but that doesn't mean they can't hit on the right combo of writer/director/cast that could result in a hit movie. And looking at it from Fox's perspective that is something they probably have a little confidence in doing based off of the surprise success of Deadpool after the characters horrendous into in that shytty Wolverine movie. Might fail spectacularly but it is not that big of a crapshoot from a business perspective for Fox.
And you are a Marvel Stan...you ride for them like your name is Kevin Fiege Jr. You wear your Marvel Movie Stan badge with pride in this forum. Why you would take offense to being referred to as a stan is a mystery to me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Fox has tons of stigma to overcome when it comes to the FF but that doesn't mean they can't hit on the right combo of writer/director/cast that could result in a hit movie. And looking at it from Fox's perspective that is something they probably have a little confidence in doing based off of the surprise success of Deadpool after the characters horrendous into in that shytty Wolverine movie. Might fail spectacularly but it is not that big of a crapshoot from a business perspective for Fox.
And you are a Marvel Stan...you ride for them like your name is Kevin Fiege Jr. You wear your Marvel Movie Stan badge with pride in this forum. Why you would take offense to being referred to as a stan is a mystery to me.
I'm not denying my stan status but if all it takes to be one is to say Marvel needs FF (which is all I'm saying) then a lot of people in this thread are.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Because Doom is a lot bigger now than just being a FF4 villain. "Secret Wars" proved that. I'm not saying completely ignore FF4 but Doom, Galactus, etc. would be reason enough to get excited completely independent of FF4.

Fred.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Fox will never give up the rights since they know people will still support the films no matter how bad they are. Especially now after Deadpool will probably raise more interest back into the x-movies with crossovers.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Because Doom is a lot bigger now than just being a FF4 villain. "Secret Wars" proved that. I'm not saying completely ignore FF4 but Doom, Galactus, etc. would be reason enough to get excited completely independent of FF4.

Fred.

secret wars was a f4 story though

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Always thought it was sad that Marvel couldn't build their universe starting with the FF. If Marvel got the rights back, it would feel weird to me to see them placed into the middle of everything after so much has already occurred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Let's be honest

The mcu would absolutely force iron man into that role.

I know, hence why I used him for the example, but it wouldn't work because you need someone to juxtapose Doom's need to showboat his superiority, and you can't have that someone be a showboat himself. In fact, the only person in the MCU right now who would be great foil to Doom is T'Challa.

Fred.

And yet in that same Secret Wars the final confrontation was between none other than Doom and Reed, once more. Doom has always been a threat to the entire world, but the heart of the character has always come from his rivalry with the first family.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
People like to clown on the F4 but don't realize how much they truly changed the game when they first dropped. Their debut predates the X-men, Avengers, and even Spider-man.
Before the Fantastic 4, nobody had ever really seen superheroes that act like actual people and not paragons. You had a main hero that was hyperfocused on his work and ignored his wife. A main hero that looked like freaky monster but was still a good guy. Cosmic entities and beings from other planets and dimensions they would interact with regularly. This was the comic that introduced (arguably) the GOAT supervillain Doctor Doom, as well as the likes of the Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Skrulls, Uatu the Watcher, Black Panther, the Negative Zone, and the Inhumans. We take all that for granted because EVERYBODY's following the formula that the F4 pioneered.

Fantastic_Four_48.jpg

When this first dropped there was NOTHING else like it.
If Marvel got the rights back and had people that really cared working on their movies, a Fantastic Four movie could be lit, and I say this as an X-men stan. A lot of us might prefer the X-men or the Avengers, but let's not forget that the Fantastic 4 had the recipe. The rest of these characters would have gone nowhere if the F4 hadn't taken off when they did. Their rights need to go back to Marvel ASAP.

I can live with X-men staying at Fox, but they need a hard reboot with new director who knows the lore and truly cares about the source material. (I wouldn't complain if they went back to Marvel though :francis: )
We need a reboot based on the GOAT X-men era! :mjgrin:

672111.jpg

6bd3315e98ad32bf48fe495a3d121d63.jpg
Finally someone said it. Cats need to put respek on FF name

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Always thought it was sad that Marvel couldn't build their universe starting with the FF. If Marvel got the rights back, it would feel weird to me to see them placed into the middle of everything after so much has already occurred.
I felt that way back when too, but then I remembered that they did it with A:EMH (dropped em at the end of season 1) and it was A OK...