Daps
Reppin
LDN
VydGp.gif

:whew:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Kurt is one of my favorites but I like his character/mic skills better than his ring work

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Jumbo Tsuruta
Jack Brisco
Lou Thesz (who holy fukk was legit ass awesome from the 1950s up to the 80s)
Nick Bockwinkle
Stan Hansen
Genichiro Tenryu
Rick Rude
Steve Austin
Bret Hart

Arn Anderson
Tully Blanchard
The Destroyer
Dory Funk Jr.
Terry Funk
Giant Baba and Andre both were tremendous until early-mid 80s
Billy Robinson
Rick Martel (IMO one of the most underrated guys of all time)
Sayama Tiger Mask
Shinya Hashimoto
Barry Windham
Randy Savage
Dynamite Kid

I'm willing to spot you the bolded, but Angle was more athletic, a better real grappler, and quicker study that probably all named there.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I'm willing to spot you the bolded, but Angle was more athletic, a better real grappler, and quicker study that probably all named there.

That's all true. But that doesn't mean he was a better pro wrestler than them. He wasn't a quicker study than Jumbo. Or they're about the same. Both were crazy good just a year in.

TheWhackMamba

The Coli's Drop Bear
Daps
Reppin
Western Australia
In This thread people shyt on 80s Rick Martel like he wasn't the fukkin truth :martin:

Probably the same folks that said Kanye and Rhianna have discovered a real talented guy named Paul McCartney after 4-5 seconds came out:deadmanny:

Daps
His versatility as an in ring wrestler and as an on screen character is amazing.

The fact that he was able to have classics outside of his wwe tenure should tell you that dude is the real deal.

Dude is the goat to me and undeniably in the top 5 to ever do it.:myman:

To think that people front on him is ridiculous.:stopitslime:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You're welcome to try. That's your opinion though, I doubt you'd be able to get that large a consensus of guys above Kurt.

If your criteria is only US wrestlers that worked in mainstream promotions in the last 20 years, then yeah, Kurt has a very strong case for top 5. That's why the concensus is that's he's one of the GOATs as not a lot of people feel the need to watch an insane amount of wrestling, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But there's a shyt ton wrestling out there, you gotta be really fukking good to be top 5 if you watch a good chunk of it.

On a poll taken by the nerdiest wrestling nerds this year- were people took into account japan, mexico, england and a shyt ton of pre-90's wrestling - Kurt Angle was ranked 68 :manny:

My top 5 all time list would be

Jumbo Tsuruta
Bret Hart
Randy Savage
WCW era Rick Rude
Arn Anderson

In no particular order. I'm sure you can see why Kurt wouldn't be on my list of top 5. He'd def be in my top 30, though.

WCW Rick Rude lasted like 4 years. That's enough for top 5 ALL TIME? :huhldup: