Let's talk about how the Rock wanted to put the HURRICANE over but refused to put over Punk

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I doubt Rock was ever asked to put Punk over, but if he had been, he would have, since he spent his entire time as a top star losing to mid carders to help them out. Given what the build up for WM was, it really made no sense for Punk to go over Rock.

But fukk Punk. Dude would have found a way to bytch about Rocking putting him over, too.

"Yeah I had the longest title reign in a decade. Yeah I fought The Rock at two PPV main events. Yeah I beat Rock at the second biggest PPV of the year. But they couldn't book me in the main event of Wrestlemania? That's fukking bullshyt, everything I did prior didn't mean shyt"

:pachaha:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
A jobber with a thot's person-alityyyy

cmpunkhigh.jpg

Punk was far from a jobber, but his attitude prevented him from being considered WM Main Event. I don't mean he has to kiss asses, but unlike his idol Warrior, he seemed to hold his fans with Disgust. Just look at this video...

You think Punk would be enamored and touched by this dude crying to meet his idol? Nah he be like, "Hands off fakkit, keep yourself on the other side of the table where you belong. :stopitslime:"

No way would I give Punk the SPOT with his bytch ass attitude. Never has been humbled before, salty ass motherfukker who finds reasons to bytch.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Punk was far from a jobber, but his attitude prevented him from being considered WM Main Event. I don't mean he has to kiss asses, but unlike his idol Warrior, he seemed to hold his fans with Disgust. Just look at this video...

You think Punk would be enamored and touched by this dude crying to meet his idol? Nah he be like, "Hands off fakkit, keep yourself on the other side of the table where you belong. :stopitslime:"

No way would I give Punk the SPOT with his bytch ass attitude. Never has been humbled before, salty ass motherfukker who finds reasons to bytch.

There are numerous stories of Punk being an a$$hole to his fans but for some odd reason his fans justify being disrespected. :francis:

Making stupid comments like "he doesn't owe his fans shyt". :dwillhuh: You mean those same fans who made his "Best In the World" shirt one of the top 10 highest selling wrestling shirts of all time? :martin:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

FTR, he is definitely an emotional fakkit BUT that never stopped them from giving HBK the top spot. He would've done a much better job headlining over miz at WM27.

Dude had the industry on fuego post pipebomb up until the HHH foolishness

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
That heel run to cap off the year long reign was Punk's best work in my opinion. He even got Rock off his game a couple of times (that strip naked line :mjlol:). You could really feel the frustration emanating from his pores during each promo. Amazing he held that championship for longer than anyone in recent memory and it's basically a footnote in history five years later.

The heel run as champ was boring as fukk. Actually, the whole reign was. Nothing memorable came from it, then it went right into the similarly boring as fukk feud with Paul Heyman that had the dope match with Brock, and dogshyt everything else. Punk was dead in the water 3 weeks after the pipebomb promo when he came back to Raw and started doing those "This is Phil talking to Paul" type "shoot" promos.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
There are numerous stories of Punk being an a$$hole to his fans but for some odd reason his fans justify being disrespected. :francis:

Making stupid comments like "he doesn't owe his fans shyt". :dwillhuh: You mean those same fans who made his "Best In the World" shirt one of the top 10 highest selling wrestling shirts of all time? :martin:

We are talking about a different generation of fans. Older fans wouldn't run up to Punk, because Social Media wasn't around back in the day. You would have to be a serious person in the industry to know the dirt, or just have magazines. These days with Forums and Twitter, people feel like they are friends with Punk just because they follow him. So they pull out their Smartphones and rush him for pictures.

FTR, he is definitely an emotional fakkit BUT that never stopped them from giving HBK the top spot. He would've done a much better job headlining over miz at WM27.

Dude had the industry on fuego post pipebomb up until the HHH foolishness

True, but HBK was kept humble by Taker. If he stepped over the line he would get beaten up. In this day in age, who would beat up Punk on the current Roster; it can't be Taker, HHH. You need someone who wrestles on the high card that could take him in the back and dust him up.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
We are talking about a different generation of fans. Older fans wouldn't run up to Punk, because Social Media wasn't around back in the day. You would have to be a serious person in the industry to know the dirt, or just have magazines. These days with Forums and Twitter, people feel like they are friends with Punk just because they follow him. So they pull out their Smartphones and rush him for pictures.

True, but HBK was kept humble by Taker. If he stepped over the line he would get beaten up. In this day in age, who would beat up Punk on the current Roster; it can't be Taker, HHH. You need someone who wrestles on the high card that could take him in the back and dust him up.
HHH did a very good job humbling him politically.

If you mean physically, im pretty sure Kane/Show/Henry not around for nothing. Punk would never pull no shyt to get locker room heat like that tho. Seems like everybody im the locker room liked him......cept Ryback

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

If you mean physically, im pretty sure Kane/Show/Henry not around for nothing. Punk would never pull no shyt to get locker room heat like that tho. Seems like everybody im the locker room liked him......cept Ryback

Undertaker humbled him politically too.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Yeah, but you know how Punk is with HHH. I don't think he respected him at all, but that's just me.