Let's Talk About Unrealistic First Date Expectations

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I volunteered at a charity 5k event here in Charlotte over the weekend.

I wound up getting paired with a young lady working one of the concession stands for a few hours all the way to the end of the race...me, being immaculate with these gotdamn lyrics, I started chatting her up while we were leaving for a bit just to see where her head was at as she was good looking. No, I don't got a pic shut up and let me speak.:what:

Here's some stats:

Is 24
Going to NC A&T
Is A Delta (Sorority)

We at her car.

So after telling me about how her ex was wanting to take her for the night (red flag), I decided to ask what would it take for her to change her plans for the night. She got the hint and this is where the convo deteriorated into bullshyt.

Her: :usure:

Me: Why you staring at me like that? :what:

Her: Well, if you trying to take me out then where would we go? :beli:

Me: :skip: I was thinking dinner..
Her: (interrupts) ...:usure: where?

Me: Man, shyt.. We could do a Applebee's or Chili's, I mean..:why:
Her: Try again. :mjgrin:

Me: :gucci: The hell you mean try again? There's nothing wrong with a classic Riblet basket with fries.

Her: I can go to Chili's with my girlfriends during the week, that's not impressive :mjgrin:

Me: :gucci:

Her: I think Ruth Chris would be an appropriate choice for a first date :mjgrin:

Me: :francis: No... no, it really isn't.

Her: Why not? :usure:

Me: :what: You expecting nikkas to drop near $100 dollars for just a meal on a first date?

Her: :martin: Money shouldn't matter when it comes to trying to get to know a lady you like.

Me: nikkas still got bills at the end of the day, why not be impressed with a dude who can show off by religiously paying them shyts? :what:

Her: You knowwww... I think I'll just let my ex take me to dinner tonight since he don't mind doing that.:leostare:

Me: :what: I don't give a fukk what you do, nikka.

:jbhmm: Brehs..is it unreasonable for a lady to ask for that type of accommodation on a first date? What is reasonable?

@The Grendel @Tenchi Ryu @#1 pick @Ol' Otis @Mojo Jojo Morpheus @The College Dropout @AlternativeFacts @Yusuke @BoogieDown23 @Morose Polymath @stomachlines

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
She got to A&T? Might give her a visit. :shaq:

But nah, you should have just took her to that park by the baseball stadium in Charlotte and ate at a food truck. Took a few dates down there when I lived there.

But from what I skimmed, she sound boujee as hell.

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Me: :what: You expecting nikkas to drop near $100 dollars for just a meal on a first date?

Her: :martin: Money shouldn't matter when it comes to trying to get to know a lady you like.
Man, I know she didn't say no shyt like this

If money didn't matter she wouldve been satisfied with the 2 for 20 Applebees first date idea:awkwardteyonah:

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
She just wasn't that into you. And she obviously knew it early on. So she probably figured she might as well see if she can sucker an expensive meal out of it. When you don't care about the outcome either way it's easy to shoot for the stars. U probably have thought extensively about what to say to a girl u were really feeling but a broad u couldnt care less about ud probably be ok asking her to put a book on her head and jump up and down on 1 foot while giving u head becasue u don't care about her either way so y not

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Yes.

You invited her, you spending the money.

No one should be dictating to YOU what you do with your funds.

She wanna let her ex play ring around the rosey with her p*ssy until he find the woman he really wants so be it :hubie:

That tripped me out to because she was basically saying (as we were volunteering) how much she don't like the dude but she still deals with him cause he still looks out for her... I was like :what: at her when she said this, why the hell you not with him if he treats you good like that, why you dislike the nikka?

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
IN
0VetBe.gif