Lu Dort has the worst contract in the NBA

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Both undrafted free agents who likely wanted the financial stability while still being young enough to cash in at the end of their current deals.

Yep

Bobby Marks was saying on his ig video that these young men were either late 2nd rounders or not drafted at all and haven't made any real money.

He says it's a standard late 1st rounder contract.

If you're 20 years old and your NBA dream is fading it's hard to turn down a deal like this.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is there a restricted amount 2nd round picks can make or something? why would Moses lock into a 4 year deal like that while hes playing well

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
These guys went undrafted with no future guarantee. You take take the first solid contract you c an get that can keep you in the league to get that pension. These type of contract are the type of of contracts that 2nd rounders and undrafted rookies aim for. If they outplay their contract, it’s a little disheartening but they’ll still be a young when they hit free agency. Sort is still going to get paid in his mid twenty’s.

I bet Pj Tucker wishes he got this type of deal when he was a rookie or second year player.
These type of contracts keep you from overseas.

Everybody who come into the league ain’t getting that money. Sort and Brown are both making a million annually Off these contracts from being two way contract.
Most second rounders and all undrafted players make less than a million.
I hear you, all valid points. But imo he's got to play the offseason market since its only a few months away. I could see if he was a small guard, like Lu Dort, but he's a big that's on track to make a name for himself. Bigs that can rebound and finish at the rim stick around in the league word to Whiteside. Now he's got three years of a non-guaranteed deal and then the forth year is a team option all under $2 million per year? :patrice: Should've done the Christian Wood route. He bounced around a bit but once he got his name hot he quickly got with the Rockets and got the bag. I get the security and fully being in the league but the rush to sign a four year non-guaranteed deal doesn't add up. OKC is gonna milk him to death if he keeps improving. Sitting players, lowball deals.. They're getting a little sheisty and exploitive too me:yeshrug:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I hear you, all valid points. But imo he's got to play the offseason market since its only a few months away. I could see if he was a small guard, like Lu Dort, but he's a big that's on track to make a name for himself. Bigs that can rebound and finish at the rim stick around in the league word to Whiteside. Now he's got three years of a non-guaranteed deal and then the forth year is a team option all under $2 million per year? :patrice: Should've done the Christian Wood route. He bounced around a bit but once he got his name hot he quickly got with the Rockets and got the bag. I get the security and fully being in the league but the rush to sign a four year non-guaranteed deal doesn't add up. OKC is gonna milk him to death if he keeps improving. Sitting players, lowball deals.. They're getting a little sheisty and exploitive too me:yeshrug:

For every Christian Wood, there are other players like him who ended up on that same route and out of the league or in the G-League.

Just because it fortunately worked for him doesn't mean that it would for Moses or other players. Gotta take the financial stability while it's there.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
How does it atone when it’s pretty clear they would’ve eventually won championships if they ere kept together? :patrice:
I don’t think it’s an absolute but he’s basically been the best GM since the 2010s and has been able to consistently keep a star level talent in a shytty small market. Not to mention, dominated the financial aspect ever since cheating out Harden of his bag.
You whiffed on Harden and did all you could for KD, nothing absolves that. but look at the overall track record

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yep

Bobby Marks was saying on his ig video that these young men were either late 2nd rounders or not drafted at all and haven't made any real money.

He says it's a standard late 1st rounder contract.

If you're 20 years old and your NBA dream is fading it's hard to turn down a deal like this.

I guess my question is how do they factor in going forward with all of the picks that OKC has coming in over the next 7 years.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
No way should a agent lock their clients into these kind of deals
These deals are basically what low first round picks make. If you're a gleague player you'd take them too. Also if they play well I'm certain OKC going offer them a good extension after the 3rd year. These deals aren't that long. Lu Dort going be a free agent in 2023 at 23 years old which is basically the age most players get their first big deals.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s kind of differ t with Wood. Wood was always very skilled. His problem was off the court, and work ethic. His problem was basically more so in between his head. But he was always skilled. He shaped up
Once he realized he was close to being out the league and the opportunities weren’t going to always be there.

this is why I laughed at poster saying the league needs contractions. You need small market teams like Detroit and OKc because they’re the team that’s going to have the time and patience to develop and keep the careers of players like Wood, Dort in the league.

chandler parsons said he probably doesn’t go in to have the type of career he had if he doesn’t end up in a small martlet Situation like in Houston where they couldn’t attract a star to sign.

smaller market teams have to take chance sand be patient developing these type of players hoping they become assets

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Y’all Coli armchair revisionist are hilarious :russ:

Thinking undrafted players are gonna turn down a million a year guaranteed for 5 years when the VAST MAJORITY of undrafted players dont even make a roster.

Talking bout “bet on himself” when an injury or bad situation would certainly have had him badly holding on in the G League or overseas.

I know y’all used to basic NBA players being overpaid but it still ain’t like that for everyone.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thinking undrafted players are gonna turn down a million a year guaranteed for 5 years when the VAST MAJORITY of undrafted players dont even make a roster.

Talking bout “bet on himself” when an injury or bad situation would certainly have had him badly holding on in the G League or overseas.

I know y’all used to basic NBA players being overpaid but it still ain’t like that for everyone.
Somehow, DeMarcus Cousins, a multiple time all star was an idiot for turning down guaranteed money after a big injury, but guys in the G League are idiots for taking the money.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

His contract is not guaranteed tho. Every year his salary is non-guaranteed and the final year is a team option

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
If i was Dort id be telling Presti right now i aint re signing dont even talk to me when i hit UFA...