Lu Dort has the worst contract in the NBA

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Y’all Coli armchair revisionist are hilarious :russ:

Thinking undrafted players are gonna turn down a million a year guaranteed for 5 years when the VAST MAJORITY of undrafted players dont even make a roster.

Talking bout “bet on himself” when an injury or bad situation would certainly have had him badly holding on in the G League or overseas.

I know y’all used to basic NBA players being overpaid but it still ain’t like that for everyone.

Probably not but then once you realize ur value ur gonna be resentful...knowing they fukked you over for 4 years simply cuz they can...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
His contract is not guaranteed tho. Every year his salary is non-guaranteed and the final year is a team option

2020-21 is fully guaranteed at $1.517m; 21-22 is at $1.782m ($300k guaranteed); 22-23 is at $1.930m ($325k guaranteed)

even if he sucked and was waived he would have still made over 2 mill

look at the 2016 draft, in the top 14 picks - bender, chrisss, maker , papagiannis are already out of the nba

as well in the first round laibissiere, jones, brice johnson, malachai richardson, hnery ellenson, wade baldwin, yabusele out of the nba

11/30 picks drafted in the first round just 5 years ago already out of the nba
cutthroat league

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Probably not but then once you realize ur value ur gonna be resentful...knowing they fukked you over for 4 years simply cuz they can...
They didnt fukk him over, he was an undrafted prospect who they were taking a chance on.

he is just outplaying his contract.

Hopefully he gets his big payday when he becomes a FA

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
An undrafted GLeague player not in much of a position to negotiate

And ppl act like he Tony Allen...dude had 1 good series in which he made Harden work a lil harder than usual....kinda weird to crown him now esp when he provides almost nothing offensively
It's not so much as the salary as it is the length for me.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
They didnt fukk him over, he was an undrafted prospect who they were taking a chance on.

he is just outplaying his contract.

Hopefully he gets his big payday when he becomes a FA

Of course they are because they can because he was undrafted...they get to steal 4 years of his earnings...Because hes undrafted an unkown and needed to get his foot in the door they were able to sign him to any deal they wanted....LIke i said i understand why you fukk a player in that position but i dont feel bad when the player doesnt resign...

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Of course they are because they can because he was undrafted...they get to steal 4 years of his earnings...Because hes undrafted an unkown and needed to get his foot in the door they were able to sign him to any deal they wanted....LIke i said i understand why you fukk a player in that position but i dont feel bad when the player doesnt resign...

I'm not understanding what your trying to get at?

are you saying the team is wrong for taking a chance on him and him playing better than most people would have thought he could?

What is the remedy for them "fukking him over" ?

Restructure his contract immediately?:jbhmm:

When does that ever happen? and how much do you think he should get?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I'm not understanding what your trying to get at?

are you saying the team is wrong for taking a chance on him and him playing better than most people would have thought he could?

What is the remedy for them "fukking him over" ?

Restructure his contract immediately?:jbhmm:

When does that ever happen? and how much do you think he should get?

Team is not taking a chance...its a 4 year 5 million dollar deal and could waive him at anytime...Every team in the league signs these guys they are of no consequence if they dont turn out...Im sure he didnt have to sign it but i dont know what his options were its possible OKC was his only option to get into the league therefroe had to take it....Im just saying if i were him id be resentful for taking away so many earning years.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:gucci:
so what should they have signed him for, knowing only what they knew back then??

They got what they wanted because he didnt have options.They did what was right for them and Dort isnt wrong for resenting them and leaving when the deal is up...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Look at what the Raptors did with Van Vleet as to how you sign and undrafted player with "potential"

2 yrs/2 yrs then let him get his bag..