Lu Dort has the worst contract in the NBA

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
I could understand him signing a 4yr/12 million deal, but he basically signed a multi-year minimum contract :snoop:

that contract is Pippenesque

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I could understand him signing a 4yr/12 million deal, but he basically signed a multi-year minimum contract :snoop:

that contract is Pippenesque

He had no other options....his only other option was a non guaranteed 2 way deal where he was gonna play the 1st year in the G League...

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got his foot in the door but now he reazlies instead of getting 4/60 next year hes stuck in this contract for 3 more years simply because the team had leverage...Short term win for OKC but in the long run they will lose because hes gonna walk...
So the undrafted FA that signed a deal for a guaranteed $5M got what he wanted.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
And the truth is, the Moses Browns of the world are the guys you either use as incentive in a trade for a bigger star or really cheap bench production which if you’re not in a buyout destination, doesn’t exist.

OKC is doing what a lot of other contenders should be doing in getting cheap bench production to compensate for the limited flexibility with max contracts.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
And the truth is, the Moses Browns of the world are the guys you either use as incentive in a trade for a bige ger star or really cheap bench production which if you’re not in a buyout destination, doesn’t exist.

So basically OKC is not competing for anything in the next 5 years and Shai should ask for a trade....

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So basically OKC is not competing for anything in the next 5 years and Shai should ask for a trade....

Will Shai even be on the team in 5 years with all of the picks that they have coming in? The majority if not all of these players won't be on the roster in 5 years with all of the picks that OKC have coming in.

That's not farfetched to say.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
OKC is doing what a lot of other contenders should be doing in getting cheap bench production to compensate for the limited flexibility with max contracts.

OKC would rather have foundational pieces then cheap bench talent...if they could have there choice.

There doing what they are doing now because they have no other choice and CANT compete.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
OKC would rather have foundational pieces then cheap bench talent...if they could have there choice.

There doing what they are doing now because they have no other choice and CANT compete.

I know, but they are still doing what other teams should do. If you have a team with 2+ plus max contracts, then you find as many cheap players and production as you can to fill out the roster.

That's why a lot of teams are in a fukked up situation now as they have no picks and no players in development than can help out on the roster. The Clippers come to mind.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If they tried to win i would say yes,if they are in a permanent rebuild hes prolly gone before his rookie deal is over....

They'll give him the max contract as I believe he's extension eligible after the season season is over. Now whether he remains with the team for the duration of that contract remains to be seen. They kinda have to keep him for now as I think people and the league will step in as it will be even more obvious of the tank job they are trying to pull.