Magic said his Lakers would "blow out" the current Warriors

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
being a great player doesnt mean you are a great shooter. how are players that barely took 3s supposed to keep up with teams that use it as a means of destruction? lakers aint blowing out a 46-4 team thats unlike any team they have ever faced.

Well I never said they would blow anybody out. And I agree if you just take the 80s Lakers and drop them in a gym with GS they're going to struggle, but you can say that about virtually any old school team in any sport because they're going to be facing strategies they've never seen before. I'm just saying 3pt shooting is not some magical skill that players from the 80s couldn't develop.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Talk about last year brehs.

The Knicks with their shytty offense were up 2-0 on the Bulls during the first three peat, the Pacers took the second three peat Bulls to 7, and their offense was terrible by todays standards as well.

Using the struggles of a young team in their first finals is retarded, this year they look like a championship team that believes in themselves, but last year matters more.....unless you point out they won the title, then it was just them getting lucky.

If we can't talk about last year, what's the point of the discussion? Warriors haven't won the chip this year yet. So we don't know how teams are going to adjust in a 7 game series. They looked unbeatable last year and tailed off a bit in the playoffs.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
i'm fully aware of that. i used the 2010 celtics as an example because i remember thinking to myself rondo cost them that series because he couldn't hit those 10-15 ft jumpers. the warriors would do the same thing vs that 08 celtics team.

i remember gasol and kobe rebounding + artest stepping up in the 4th was the reason but whatever makes you sleep better at night :sas2:

this is why you can't compare the two eras. coaches in the past considered shooting 3s reckless but coaches and stats will say the corner 3 is one of the most efficient shots you can take. you have players running to the corner for a 3 during a fast break waiting for the pass. if this information was around in the 80s then who knows how the league would've looked back then. just imagine jordan, isiah or anyone else for that matter pulling up for a 3 or running to the corner waiting for the pass:heh: the game is just different in this generaiton.

idk if the lakers will be able to keep up with the warriors or not, but i'll say no team is gonna be able to hit the 3 like this warriors team because they're an anomaly. curry is the greatest shooter of all time and klay is one of the greatest shooters ever and the fast-pace/7 seconds or less offense is perfect for the new era of 3s and space and pace ball :yeshrug: it's just not fair to compare the two eras.

You said you're fully aware of the refs cheating, then talk about how Gasol, Kobe, and Artest made shots

Is this the same scenerio of people talking about the Sacramento Kings not stepping up in Game 7 of the 2002 WFC, but the game shouldn't have happened cause the refs cheated for the Lakers to win game 6

You wanted to be right so bad, don't realize how contradictory you sound :heh:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If we can't talk about last year, what's the point of the discussion? Warriors haven't won the chip this year yet. So we don't know how teams are going to adjust in a 7 game series. They looked unbeatable last year and tailed off a bit in the playoffs.

They were a young team making a deep playoff run for the first time with a new head coach, it's literally the first time in NBA history a rookie head coach has won a title :mindblown: . Magic is commenting on this Warriors team, the one that is 48-4, not last years.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They were a young team making a deep playoff run for the first time with a new head coach, it's literally the first time in NBA history a rookie head coach has won a title :mindblown: .
Um, the team they faced in the Finals also had a rookie coach so not sure why you think that's particularly relevant. Hell the conference finals didn't have a coach who had been to a conference finals before.

Magic is commenting on this Warriors team, the one that is 48-4, not last years.

But we're also talking about a 7 game series right? This team hasn't played a 7 game series yet and if we're talking about one game, hell they lost to Milwaukee and got blown out by Detroit in a game in which the Pistons shot 31% from 3.:yeshrug:

Last year's relevant imo because when they got in trouble they went small and I think they would struggle to defend Kareem under 80s rules when they go small.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
You said you're fully aware of the refs cheating, then talk about how Gasol, Kobe, and Artest made shots

Is this the same scenerio of people talking about the Sacramento Kings not stepping up in Game 7 of the 2002 WFC, but the game shouldn't have happened cause the refs cheated for the Lakers to win game 6

You wanted to be right so bad, don't realize how contradictory you sound :heh:

I'm fully aware of sheed being on that 2010 team, not of the refs cheating :beli:. I honestly don't remember any crazy calls. What I remember from game 7 was artest making a big 3 and Kobe and gasol grabbing a lot of offensive rebounds. If Perkins played then I think they win :yeshrug:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
No team would ever beat the kobe shq lakers tho
1418770594_2370f2e356_m.jpg

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Um, the team they faced in the Finals also had a rookie coach so not sure why you think that's particularly relevant. Hell the conference finals didn't have a coach who had been to a conference finals before.

You mean the team that had the dude that had been to 6 finals?

But we're also talking about a 7 game series right? This team hasn't played a 7 game series yet and if we're talking about one game, hell they lost to Milwaukee and got blown out by Detroit in a game in which the Pistons shot 31% from 3.:yeshrug:

Last year's relevant imo because when they got in trouble they went small and I think they would struggle to defend Kareem under 80s rules when they go small.​

:dead: Are they supposed to be undefeated, jesus christ. The 72-10 Bulls lost to the Raptors and Nuggets, so what?

Last year isn't what Magic is talking about, again he's talking about this years Warriors team, they weren't in the conversation for potentially being one of the greatest teams ever last year, they are this year which is why all these salty old timers are voicing their opinions.

No team that makes 1 three a game is beating this Warriors team, period.

Juven

All Star
Daps
How you gonna stop this?

Klay and steph regularly hit 7 3's each :mjcry:

so klay had 14, 9, 12, 5 pt games in the playoffs?

i think he would be easy to stop. Remember this warriors team struggled against a team with no love and irving.

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
so klay had 14, 9, 12, 5 pt games in the playoffs?

i think he would be easy to stop. Remember this warriors team struggled against a team with no love and irving.
Jordan struggled against Sonics but he took a lot of shots. Warriors have no ego and always feed the hot hand

Juven

All Star
Daps
Jordan struggled against Sonics but he took a lot of shots. Warriors have no ego and always feed the hot hand

klay is supposed to be the 2nd best scorer on the warriors team. 5 pts is unacceptable.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You mean the team that had the dude that had been to 6 finals?

:dead:
You mean the team they team they lost twice to that was missing their 2nd and 3rd best players? The team were JR smith, the 2nd leading scorer shot 8% on OPEN threes?:mjcry: That's supposed to be impressive?:patrice:

Are they supposed to be undefeated, jesus christ. The 72-10 Bulls lost to the Raptors and Nuggets, so what?

The point is if we're talking about one game obviously the Lakers could beat them. If we're talking about a series, this team hasn't played one yet. They have the exact same personnel from last year. Steph and Draymond look like different players which makes this uncharted territory for me, not ready to pass judgement until I see the playoffs.:yeshrug:

Last year isn't what Magic is talking about, again he's talking about this years Warriors team, they weren't in the conversation for potentially being one of the greatest teams ever last year, they are this year which is why all these salty old timers are voicing their opinions.

No team that makes 1 three a game is beating this Warriors team, period.

86 Lakers made 3 3s a game and shot 40% in the Finals.:troll: Now make the argument that Draymond will be able to defend Cap one on one under 80s rules.:jbhmm:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
You mean the team they team they lost twice to that was missing their 2nd and 3rd best players? The team were JR smith, the 2nd leading scorer shot 8% on OPEN threes?:mjcry: That's supposed to be impressive?:patrice:

We talking bout the team that made 8 threes a game during the finals, with the dude that been to the finals 6 times? :leon:

The point is if we're talking about one game obviously the Lakers could beat them. If we're talking about a series, this team hasn't played one yet. They have the exact same personnel from last year. Steph and Draymond look like different players which makes this uncharted territory for me, not ready to pass judgement until I see the playoffs.:yeshrug:
I know what I see from them, I know that a team that can't shoot threes wouldn't fare well against them. You're waiting for the playoffs, yet the playoffs involves a gang of teams that shoo the three :manny:

Same personnel and different mindset, you can't discount the mental aspect of them thinking they can win the title, to them now knowing they can.

86 Lakers made 3 3s a game and shot 40% in the Finals.:troll: Now make the argument that Draymond will be able to defend Cap one on one under 80s rules.:jbhmm:
They made three 3s a game? :whoa:

Why would Draymond be on Kareem when they have Bogut? :lupe: They would just guard the Lakers man to man, going under all the screens for Magic. It would be the Lakers force feeding the ball to Kareem, Warriors cheating on defense and not respecting the Lakers outside shooting, we gonna act like the showtime Lakers were great defensively? That high screen and roll would be their death.
Click to expand...​

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Talk about last year brehs.

The Knicks with their shytty offense were up 2-0 on the Bulls during the first three peat, the Pacers took the second three peat Bulls to 7, and their offense was terrible by todays standards as well.

Using the struggles of a young team in their first finals is retarded, this year they look like a championship team that believes in themselves, but last year matters more.....unless you point out they won the title, then it was just them getting lucky.
Are they undefeated this year? Nah