Manu Ginobili: "There's no way to beat Golden State"

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Popovich is the best coach in the league and yeah he will have a game plan, but you presented him in such a way as if he never lost the series lol.

His team lost to clippers last year, they lost to heat in the finals, they lost to young okc team when they was leading 2-0 and proceeded to lose 4 in a row.

This warriors team is not that 00s mavs with no big man next to dirk or suns with no defense besides marion and raja bell. This team don't really have much of vulnerable spots. The game plan will have to be on point. All we can do is wait for the conference finals and see what happens, but when people start talking about spurs playing mind games like that thing is affecting warriors its just as silly as people already crowning the warriors. I don't think manu ginobilli talmbout how gsw unbeatable or that blowout loss by spurs is really making warriors look at them like some weak ass team, gsw will be prepared when they face the spurs, never underestimate the champs :manny:

They lost to the clippers last year because they were playing a 3rd string point guard...a 3rd string center...and the 2nd string point guard was recovering from rotator cuff surgery (you know the same injury that cost Kobe a whole season) and the starting point guard had virtually every nagging injury imaginable. Quick name all the coaches in the NBA who could even make the playoffs, in the west, playing 3rd stringers at the center and point for roughly half the season?

They lost to the heat because they couldn't get a rebound and Ray Allen knocked down maybe the most clutch shot in NBA history. Pop outsmarted himself and took Timmy out the game. If he had just stopped and said to himself "do I really want to take one of the greatest rebounders of all time out of the game when I just need one more rebound to win an NBA championship" Then the Spurs win.

They lost to the Thunder because that team had 3 young guys in Durant Westbrook and Harden who could get any shot they wanted and any shot for anybody else on the team they wanted. That is 48 minutes of shot creation. Declining Timmy and Manu were not good enough to keep up, Parker was not good enough to keep up with all 3 scoring wise. That was Kawhi second year I believe. I will forgive him for not being good enough to keep up with 3 of the top 20 players in basketball in his second year.

All mind games affect the warriors...why else do you think they are gunning for the bulls record? All of that talk about how they didn't play any healthy teams is in there head and they need some form of validation. At one point the Spurs were all of two games off the pace for 70...and what did Pop do? Did he keep playing his all world defensive lineup that teams could barely crack 85 on? No...Tim said his knee was a little sore and Pop sit him out...for weeks...See the difference in how these two franchises operate?

I also view the Warriors record as more a reflection of the ho hum state of the NBA than how good they are. If you can rise above being average then you can win a shyt ton of games because the overwhelming majority of the teams in the NBA are average to bad.

The Spurs have been the second best team in the NBA so far. And they have been this with a two guard who until January wasn't shooting 33% from 3, wasn't shooting 40% from 2, wasn't shooting even 1 free throw per game, had around the same number of turnovers and assist. Oh and he can't dribble. Oh and he can't pass. Oh and he is playing roughly half the game. Oh and until January he wasn't even averaging 8 points a game.

And while they have a complete black hole on offense for half the game, they also have a brand new power forward who is trying to learn the offense. Not playing poorly but passing up shots he usually takes. Oh and they had a new backup power forward they signed and he was doing the same thing. Oh and they got a d league guy who proved himself to be much more than a d league guy so they were trying to find him consistent minutes. Oh they also have the d league mvp on their team but he doesn't really fit so they are trying to scratch out a role for him.

And what did the Spurs do after replacing a third of the rotation they had been using for years, and having to integrate new players, while they were getting virtually no offensive production from the shooting guard position for half of every game? They just racked up more 20 point wins than anybody else in the league. They just had the biggest point differential in NBA history during that stretch of games.

I think something is wrong with the talent scale in a league where that could happen. I think something is wrong when a team can change out a chunk of its rotation and get nothing from the two guard spot for half a game and still win by 10 or more on a basis so consistent it became historic. That shouldn't be possible. You shouldn't be able to win over 80% of your games when your starting two guard can't do anything offensively for half a game.

And since I watched the Spurs do this, why would I be surprised that a team that didn't replace a chunk of their rotation and has a two guard who is an actual offensive threat be on pace to win 72 games? Spurs were on pace to do it with a guy who couldn't score 8 points a game. It stands to reason that if a team has a guy who can score over 30 in a quarter, they can probably do the same thing or better.

This team doesn't have any weaknesses :russ:. I watched OKC get out to a 9 - 0 lead in the blink of an eye doing nothing but running Sabo down the court full speed and putting Curry in the post:russ:.

I watched Detroit shed them for no other reasons that the refs wouldn't let Ben Wallace night be ruined by Draymond and Boguts illegal screens:russ:

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
They cant win a series against the warriors.

You can cook all the scenarios you want but it not happening.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Spurs are just hyping them up so when they beat the Warriors in the playoffs, they look like the greatest heroes of all time:wow:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man as much as I think the Warriors are balling out, I'm having this feeling they gonna get upset in the playoffs and I don't mean the finals

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Spurs and warriors meet 3 more times this year. If they lose all those games by blowouts then I'll agree with manu.

Even then it means nothing cuz Okc swept us reg season and we beat them in playoffs
Hell Portland did or we only beat them 1 game and curbed stomped them in playoffs
There have been other teams that have done something close too it and lost too us in playoffs

Now if they did beat us in playoffs then the following year it should hold to form cuz it showed reg season and playoffs we got beat

What it comes down to is this we just need to play up to par to our best in reg season like we normally do and then playoff time take it up a notch

And worry about the teams in front of us first and foremost cuz shyt happens in playoffs that can be unexpected or really grueling in playoffs that can extend it longer than expected

Would I be concerned if we got blown out last 3 games sure I would be but due to how we are I have faith that we could play it differently in playoffs if we met each other

No other team has the pedigree we have in the playoffs and the coach we have that u can count us out cuz u cant count us out

And if we get their and lose then we'll we lost to a historic team simple as that and ain't nothing wrong with that at all imo

look at what the Jordan bulls did to other great teams and players and prevented them from winning shyt it happens and all u can do is respect that team for it :salute: and be witness to that greatness

Cuz we have been blessed with that for almost 20 years of consistency higher than any sport and won 5 chips with it and hopefully 6 so Tim and Manu can ride off in sunset

We have a good future as far as I'm
Concerned so I ain't even tripping

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man as much as I think the Warriors are balling out, I'm having this feeling they gonna get upset in the playoffs and I don't mean the finals

I honestly think 1 or 2 things will happen they will win the chip but run into a team that will give them hell to force a game 7 and win and go on to win it all

Or lose to a team in 6 or less cuz a team will have a gameplan that will frustrate them enough to play them out of their comfort zone and expose their defense

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think 1 or 2 things will happen they will win the chip but run into a team that will give them hell to force a game 7 and win and go on to win it all

Or lose to a team in 6 or less cuz a team will have a gameplan that will frustrate them enough to play them out of their comfort zone and expose their defense
I agree with that , definiately your second statement seems like I've seen this story too many times before. Team blank looks unstoppable then come playoff time shyt gets real and they get they dreams shattered

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I agree with that , definiately your second statement seems like I've seen this story too many times before. Team blank looks unstoppable then come playoff time shyt gets real and they get they dreams shattered

Of course people gonna say well that team was diff than warriors this warriors is historically better which is valide to a extent but The playoffs is diff beast cuz u have more time to gameplan against them compared to reg season which helps tremendously