Manu Ginobili: "There's no way to beat Golden State"

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
They lost to the clippers last year because they were playing a 3rd string point guard...a 3rd string center...and the 2nd string point guard was recovering from rotator cuff surgery (you know the same injury that cost Kobe a whole season) and the starting point guard had virtually every nagging injury imaginable. Quick name all the coaches in the NBA who could even make the playoffs, in the west, playing 3rd stringers at the center and point for roughly half the season?

They lost to the heat because they couldn't get a rebound and Ray Allen knocked down maybe the most clutch shot in NBA history. Pop outsmarted himself and took Timmy out the game. If he had just stopped and said to himself "do I really want to take one of the greatest rebounders of all time out of the game when I just need one more rebound to win an NBA championship" Then the Spurs win.

They lost to the Thunder because that team had 3 young guys in Durant Westbrook and Harden who could get any shot they wanted and any shot for anybody else on the team they wanted. That is 48 minutes of shot creation. Declining Timmy and Manu were not good enough to keep up, Parker was not good enough to keep up with all 3 scoring wise. That was Kawhi second year I believe. I will forgive him for not being good enough to keep up with 3 of the top 20 players in basketball in his second year.

All mind games affect the warriors...why else do you think they are gunning for the bulls record? All of that talk about how they didn't play any healthy teams is in there head and they need some form of validation. At one point the Spurs were all of two games off the pace for 70...and what did Pop do? Did he keep playing his all world defensive lineup that teams could barely crack 85 on? No...Tim said his knee was a little sore and Pop sit him out...for weeks...See the difference in how these two franchises operate?

I also view the Warriors record as more a reflection of the ho hum state of the NBA than how good they are. If you can rise above being average then you can win a shyt ton of games because the overwhelming majority of the teams in the NBA are average to bad.

The Spurs have been the second best team in the NBA so far. And they have been this with a two guard who until January wasn't shooting 33% from 3, wasn't shooting 40% from 2, wasn't shooting even 1 free throw per game, had around the same number of turnovers and assist. Oh and he can't dribble. Oh and he can't pass. Oh and he is playing roughly half the game. Oh and until January he wasn't even averaging 8 points a game.

And while they have a complete black hole on offense for half the game, they also have a brand new power forward who is trying to learn the offense. Not playing poorly but passing up shots he usually takes. Oh and they had a new backup power forward they signed and he was doing the same thing. Oh and they got a d league guy who proved himself to be much more than a d league guy so they were trying to find him consistent minutes. Oh they also have the d league mvp on their team but he doesn't really fit so they are trying to scratch out a role for him.

And what did the Spurs do after replacing a third of the rotation they had been using for years, and having to integrate new players, while they were getting virtually no offensive production from the shooting guard position for half of every game? They just racked up more 20 point wins than anybody else in the league. They just had the biggest point differential in NBA history during that stretch of games.

I think something is wrong with the talent scale in a league where that could happen. I think something is wrong when a team can change out a chunk of its rotation and get nothing from the two guard spot for half a game and still win by 10 or more on a basis so consistent it became historic. That shouldn't be possible. You shouldn't be able to win over 80% of your games when your starting two guard can't do anything offensively for half a game.

And since I watched the Spurs do this, why would I be surprised that a team that didn't replace a chunk of their rotation and has a two guard who is an actual offensive threat be on pace to win 72 games? Spurs were on pace to do it with a guy who couldn't score 8 points a game. It stands to reason that if a team has a guy who can score over 30 in a quarter, they can probably do the same thing or better.

This team doesn't have any weaknesses :russ:. I watched OKC get out to a 9 - 0 lead in the blink of an eye doing nothing but running Sabo down the court full speed and putting Curry in the post:russ:.

I watched Detroit shed them for no other reasons that the refs wouldn't let Ben Wallace night be ruined by Draymond and Boguts illegal screens:russ:

See now previously you told popovic has survived everything, and now you are saying the reasons why his teams lost the series. Popovich goes as far as his squad, he would not create some miracle if few important pieces would be missing.
What we have right now is one game that they played, both teams were missing their pieces and warriors beat them easily. If I am using a common sense then I am picking warriors to win the series because from what I have this season I can tell warriors are a better team.
My problem with this spurs warriors discussion is that people start talking about spurs playing mind games. It's just some imaginative thing that people give to this san antonio squad due to their incredible coaching. How about simply accepting the fact that they had their ass whooped in that game? They will make adjustments on the next game and then we will see what happens, right now people are just assuming so many things...

How much are you sure that warriors are gunning for that record cause they insecure? How about this team simply gaining confidence, having a great season start and seeing that there is a possibility to make the history? Of course spurs would let their veterans sit out games, they are too old to chase their records, these are two different squads, warriors are pretty damn young and their main players play around 30 minutes per game which is not that bad outta 48 minutes lol and for the most part of the season warriors were not fully healthy either having some of their bench missing, so this tells me that the team is really not trying all in for that regular season record, otherwise their important pieces would be playing more minutes per game. Duncan is extremely important to spurs and whenever he needs to sit out he gets that chance. Is the warriors team supposed to sit out young players who feel healthy because they could send some message to the league that they some incredible geniuses already planning for bunch of master plans for the playoffs? Gsw are just playing their regular game, and they are that damn good.

You are assuming because some of the spurs players were underperforming and this team was still on pace to win 72 games that would mean that if they wanted they would have won 72 games, right? That's like me saying well if stephen curry played 5 more minutes per game than he has now the warriors might have only lost two games rather than 4.

When they meet each other in the conference finals (hopefully) we will then make the conclusions of which team played the right way. If both teams meet each other healthy, with all their important players capable of playing to their current levels (which is not that much likely to happen as someone always injures) I am then taking the warriors.

Daps
Manu doesn't believe in the Heart of the Cards
card2.png

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is like how the Patriots praise everyone before they kill them. I remember Brady saying Tim Tebow was a great player and they were gonna have to worry about him lol.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This is like how the Patriots praise everyone before they kill them. I remember Brady saying Tim Tebow was a great player and they were gonna have to worry about him lol.

It's funny people don't get this.

:beli: spends 5 minutes of every press conference about a team talking about how great they are and how hard they are to prepare for.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
he's a beta player, never been a leader of that team anyways lol forever 6th man roleplayer

what else you gonna say? that the blowout loss was their mind games too huh?

he was no alpha on that 04 squad, it was the whole team doing their thing. The squad also had scola, nocioni, delfino, oberto. This cac played whole career as a 6th man in san antonio, he ain't the one who's giving a speech before game and shyt like that, so I guess its okay for him to say some loser shyt like that.

Did Manu fukk your bytch or something fam, where did unnecessary hate come from :dame:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
See now previously you told popovic has survived everything, and now you are saying the reasons why his teams lost the series. Popovich goes as far as his squad, he would not create some miracle if few important pieces would be missing.
What we have right now is one game that they played, both teams were missing their pieces and warriors beat them easily. If I am using a common sense then I am picking warriors to win the series because from what I have this season I can tell warriors are a better team.
My problem with this spurs warriors discussion is that people start talking about spurs playing mind games. It's just some imaginative thing that people give to this san antonio squad due to their incredible coaching. How about simply accepting the fact that they had their ass whooped in that game? They will make adjustments on the next game and then we will see what happens, right now people are just assuming so many things...

How much are you sure that warriors are gunning for that record cause they insecure? How about this team simply gaining confidence, having a great season start and seeing that there is a possibility to make the history? Of course spurs would let their veterans sit out games, they are too old to chase their records, these are two different squads, warriors are pretty damn young and their main players play around 30 minutes per game which is not that bad outta 48 minutes lol and for the most part of the season warriors were not fully healthy either having some of their bench missing, so this tells me that the team is really not trying all in for that regular season record, otherwise their important pieces would be playing more minutes per game. Duncan is extremely important to spurs and whenever he needs to sit out he gets that chance. Is the warriors team supposed to sit out young players who feel healthy because they could send some message to the league that they some incredible geniuses already planning for bunch of master plans for the playoffs? Gsw are just playing their regular game, and they are that damn good.

You are assuming because some of the spurs players were underperforming and this team was still on pace to win 72 games that would mean that if they wanted they would have won 72 games, right? That's like me saying well if stephen curry played 5 more minutes per game than he has now the warriors might have only lost two games rather than 4.

When they meet each other in the conference finals (hopefully) we will then make the conclusions of which team played the right way. If both teams meet each other healthy, with all their important players capable of playing to their current levels (which is not that much likely to happen as someone always injures) I am then taking the warriors.

You must have just started watching basketball yesterday if you think Pop doesn't engage in mind games.

How do you know the Warriors are a better team?

Has LMA played as well so far this season as he can? Nope.

Has Danny Green played as well this season as he can? Nope. He just stopped being the worst offensive two guard in the league here recently.

Manu now has to come back from injury so who knows how good/bad he will be.

Gaining confidence? What? They won an NBA title. How much more confidence do they need?:russ: They got a guy who everyone thinks is the unanimous mvp of the league? How much more confidence do you need? They got what people are calling the two greatest shooters ever in their prime. How much more confidence do they need?

"Yeah we won a title and have the MVP and have the greatest shooting back court ever but man I just don't know if we can do it...I know let's try and go for the bulls record that should give us the confidence we need to win"

I think it's more..."Okay everyone wants to say we only won because we didn't play a healthy starting point guard in every series and we only beat cleveland because love and kyrie were out so fine we are going to play harder and more precise and with a laser focus in the regular season that no team is going to match and we are going to gun for that Bulls record and see what all the naysayers have to say about that."

I think the second statement is more likely. And I think in the playoffs there are going to be teams with that laser focus.

GS has those old Manning Colts and Broncos team written all over them. They play at a 95 out of a 100 for the entire season and man they look so good and look unbeatable...until they run into that team that is playing at 100 out of 100...and then you come to find out...GS just can't get to that last 5...and then they lose.

Is it a guarantee that somebody is going to get to that 100? Nope. But San Antonio is probably at 85 right now...OKC is probably at 80...and both of these teams have quite a bit of improving to do...I expect one of them to get there by the time the WCF come around.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to a Blake Griffin is a malcontent this is our last ride Doc is going to trade one of us in the offseason if we don't get to at least the WCF Clippers team.

The Clippers are actually a sneaky dangerous team because Blake is going to spend the rest of the regular season hearing about how the clippers should have traded him and how the team is better off without him and when he comes back all pissed off in the playoffs RIP to any big man trying to guard him :merchant:

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Not beatable? :childplease: They defense so garbage......You keep them under 100 or at 100 they very beatable...Jumpshooting half breeds that if any physical play would be allowed like in REAL basketball, Klay or Steph would be competing for 6th man awards only.......:camby:

Daps
You must have just started watching basketball yesterday if you think Pop doesn't engage in mind games.

How do you know the Warriors are a better team?

Has LMA played as well so far this season as he can? Nope.

Has Danny Green played as well this season as he can? Nope. He just stopped being the worst offensive two guard in the league here recently.

Manu now has to come back from injury so who knows how good/bad he will be.

Gaining confidence? What? They won an NBA title. How much more confidence do they need?:russ: They got a guy who everyone thinks is the unanimous mvp of the league? How much more confidence do you need? They got what people are calling the two greatest shooters ever in their prime. How much more confidence do they need?

"Yeah we won a title and have the MVP and have the greatest shooting back court ever but man I just don't know if we can do it...I know let's try and go for the bulls record that should give us the confidence we need to win"

I think it's more..."Okay everyone wants to say we only won because we didn't play a healthy starting point guard in every series and we only beat cleveland because love and kyrie were out so fine we are going to play harder and more precise and with a laser focus in the regular season that no team is going to match and we are going to gun for that Bulls record and see what all the naysayers have to say about that."

I think the second statement is more likely. And I think in the playoffs there are going to be teams with that laser focus.

GS has those old Manning Colts and Broncos team written all over them. They play at a 95 out of a 100 for the entire season and man they look so good and look unbeatable...until they run into that team that is playing at 100 out of 100...and then you come to find out...GS just can't get to that last 5...and then they lose.

Is it a guarantee that somebody is going to get to that 100? Nope. But San Antonio is probably at 85 right now...OKC is probably at 80...and both of these teams have quite a bit of improving to do...I expect one of them to get there by the time the WCF come around.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to a Blake Griffin is a malcontent this is our last ride Doc is going to trade one of us in the offseason if we don't get to at least the WCF Clippers team.

The Clippers are actually a sneaky dangerous team because Blake is going to spend the rest of the regular season hearing about how the clippers should have traded him and how the team is better off without him and when he comes back all pissed off in the playoffs RIP to any big man trying to guard him :merchant:
STFU :camby:

Daps
Not beatable? :childplease: They defense so garbage......You keep them under 100 or at 100 they very beatable...Jumpshooting half breeds that if any physical play would be allowed like in REAL basketball, Klay or Steph would be competing for 6th man awards only.......:camby:
This Warriors squad sure does bring out the stupid in people. :francis: