Marvel just announced the fantastic four cast. MCU saved?

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Nah. Just be happy you were one of the folks who experienced Marvel’s golden era. I STILL watch IW & EG when they’re on tv and I have Disney+ :russ:

That’s how captivating they are
the new release in theatre experience was just something else :wow: it was an event, a social experience. I wish I could bottle that feeling:noah:

I think the last one I went out of my way to see was Wakanda forever

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
This would be the time to do it....FF4, TCHALLA and DOOM?????

For the final battle, FF4 is gifted a new ship that is futuristic and highly advanced. Dr. Richard's thinks it's a gift from Stark Industries.

...FF4 members are laid out and Doom geaux for the kill and outta no where energy daggers come flying in to DOOM! Camera pans and we see a cape blowing in a breeze from the lower leg. The cape drops and Tchalla says, "You will give back my Vibranium"
Fuego

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I remember a time when a Marvel movie release was an event and would stop the news cycle for a week while it hit ok the weekend.

I just can’t trust the brand anymore to put out epic shyt. Endgame really was basically it, with Spider-verse movies aside, everything else really been mid af except the Guardians.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is good news, and I'm hoping Marvel gets it right, because they should have BEEN done the Fantastic Four by now. Quantumania should have been a Fantastic Four movie IMO.

Reed Richards was always a linchpin character who was crucial to the Marvel Universe as a whole. He was always the go-to guy whenever the world is being attacked or threatened, just like Tony Stark in the movies. Bringing him in earlier would have kept some of their narrative cohesion once the Avengers disbanded.

A lot of cats write the F4 because the movies were weak, which is a shame because they're arguably the most important team in Marvel. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby knew what they were doing.
They were the first superteam to be written like regular people and not just flawless paragons, and they have a top 5 rogues gallery in comics. On top of that, the Marvel Universe was built on the success of the Fantastic Four. Their success paved the road for the emergence of the Avengers, X-men, Black Panther, Galactus, Doom, etc.
Half the Avengers/X-men/etc's costumes are made of "unstable molecules" that Reed Richards developed, right down to the fabric of their draws. Reed Richards is HIM in-universe, and having him around will give Marvel some much needed direction and help to establish a protagonist group worth following.

None of us cared about the Avengers until the movies started dropping, and we all see how they crushed the buildings. That's because the Avengers are a linchpin team in-universe. The F4 are linchpin characters, and they're not as lame as people think.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Wow they casted funny looking white people, I am sure they could have found good actors that are also attractive.

But think god they’re white. Now we just need to get rid of women in these movies and I can get back into the MCU again :mjpls:

:pachaha:

Being serious though wake me up when they ready to make X-men until then :russell:

• Haha
Reactions: Yas
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cats keep talking about the trash movies but are conveniently ignoring how monumentally dope the comics are. If Disney would just follow that they would be golden but you know how that is...

Facts. People don't dig through the crates anymore to actually understand the properties they're claiming to be fans of.

Anyone who's done their homework on the source material will tell you that the Galactus trilogy as a movie would crush the buildings.
Or a movie about Doom stealing the power cosmic from the Silver Surfer.
143299058_1018982051925873_2263084818467112127_n_1024x1024@2x.jpg
fantastic-four-57-17.jpg

That OG Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four run built the Marvel Universe. Right down to the fabric in the draws all these other characters wear. (Unstable molecules :ufdup: ) The F4 are linchpin characters whom that entire comicbook universe was built around, and Marvel really needs them right now if they want to maintain their draw. Reed Richards' inventions and adventuring opened up new narrative possibilities that continually pushed the Marvel Universe forward.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think y'all don't get it about the Fantastic 4.. It's not that the movies were bad.. It's that they have some of the most retarded and mundane powers

Think of all the powers in the MCU we've seen JUST in movies.. Where are you ranking stretchy skin, invisibility, being a rock and fire as powers?? We're at a point way past that in the MCU.. We got dudes shooting webs, flying in metal suits with rockets, claws coming out their skin and they can't die, Gods, and a man who can stretch really far..

I get it. I know what they can do on paper and who they are. But try telling that to someone under 30. Even Doom. After seeing Thanos, nobody who hasn't read the books is going to think "wow a smart guy in an iron uniform, he seems like a foe that ALL the avengers can't beat"

They are going to have to finesse the shyt out of this to make it look COOL on film