Marvel just announced the fantastic four cast. MCU saved?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Not mad at the cast, but I'm not hype about it either. Pedro is a great actor and with the right material will be good in the role, but I don't really see a Reed when I see him. He was actually my second choice for Doom, if Mads Mikkelsen was actually available.
The problem is, and always has been, Doom. If Doom is good, all the F4 has to do is not be total garbage.
Fantastic 4 has always been a vehicle for the villains and storylines for me, the actual group is quite boring. If they get Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer correct, Marvel/Disney will buy themselves another 10 year run.
I like Pedro but I thought we were supposed to get John Krasinski.

Not really a Fantastic 4 fan either. The Deadpool movie is all I care about right now
John Krasinski and his wife would've been an easy lay-up on the marketing for the film. Wonder why they didn't go down this path. The studio keeps going away from what people have been telling them what they want to see.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not mad at the cast, but I'm not hype about it either. Pedro is a great actor and with the right material will be good in the role, but I don't really see a Reed when I see him. He was actually my second choice for Doom, if Mads Mikkelsen was actually available.

Fantastic 4 has always been a vehicle for the villains and storylines for me, the actual group is quite boring. If they get Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer correct, Marvel/Disney will buy themselves another 10 year run.

John Krasinski and his wife would've been an easy lay-up on the marketing for the film. Wonder why they didn't go down this path. The studio keeps going away from what people have been telling them what they want to see.
Suits always thinking they smarter than their audience and when shyt flops they don't care cause they still get their pay and bonuses

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Pulled out the big guns with Pedro :dame:

I’m not fukking with it until I see what they did with Doom’s look

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. Just Nah. They fumbled by not getting that couole

For some reason I remember her saying she didn't want to do it.

I don't get the people saying "reboot so soon"

There was one in 05 and its sequel 2 years later.

Fox did one in 2015 that bombed and had terrible reviews.

This one will be part of the MCU and comes out next year. So 4 movies in 20 years is too much now?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Suits always thinking they smarter than their audience and when shyt flops they don't care cause they still get their pay and bonuses
#apparently

See Madam Web. Wasn't no one asking for that shyt. Wasted the talent in that film. Sydney Sweeney low-key would make a great Sue Storm, and at 27 she got room to play her for the next 20 years...

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is literally the 4th or 5th time they tried to sell us on the Fantastic 4. Nobody cares about them, they should just focus on other characters and have them sprinkled in other Marvel movies as side characters.
Eh no one cared too much about the Phase 1 heroes too. But they were historic Marvel characters and the FF4 fits that bill. Those other movies also were terribly casted and bad

Marvel would be smart to get their big name characters back on the screens and stop trying to push these way lesser known or niche heroes

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Each one is a miscast lol. They already off to a bad start.

Pedro Pascal is not Reed Richards and sorry but Vanessa Kirby is just not good looking enough

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nah. Just Nah. They fumbled by not getting that couole

They had Jim play an alternate universe Mr Fantastic already. Wanda killed him in like 30 sec. Theres got to be a reason they didn’t bring him back for this

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
4f4_1.jpg

It's hard to see these actors as the F4 compared to the 05 cast

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I feel it was one of two things, they felt having those two would’ve overshadowed the story they were trying to tell or Emily didn’t want to do it.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
yep thats him when he's not in the suit
wildlife-bear.gif

Its hard for me to take Halpert seriously after Wanda smacked his kufi so easily:mjlol:

Was that the Doctor Strange movie? That Reed Richards shyt is his role