Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Finished it and it was better than I expected. GLAD all this ninja shyt is over with. Disliked the Elektra/Hand story so much but for some reason Iron Fist grew on me. I liked Iron Fist and Luke tag. Whenever DD and Elektra came on or the Hand I grew tired.

Also did not like they were hinting at Luke and Jess being together. Overall 8/10.

I really hate Foggy and Karen. Worst set of friends ever.

AGREED so much... They ruin this series and the DD one. All they do is bytch.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They were pretty insufferable in DD s1 but there was so much going on in s2 that even they couldn't fuk it up. But in this both of em and JJ's side characters were a special kind of useless. And if I am being honest misty was a little unlikable too (but not useless).

I think moving forward they should just make them serve as cameos unless it's extremely necessary for more. Like funny how we barely got any hogarth (one of the better ones)

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I have a REAL fear that The Punisher will fall into the same traps as the rest of the Netflix shows: Go on too long and fall off hard halfway through. Defenders has 5 less eps than the rest of the shows and still feels too long. All the shows beyond Daredevil have also made the main character the least interesting character.
All yall saying this stay forgetting Luke Cage existed which was celebrated here on the Coli.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Character wise Foggy took a serious step back:dwillhuh:Dude used to hate Matt suiting up but he understood why and tried to live with it in the early parts of s2. It was only because their cases were getting fd up that he started giving Matt the:ufdup:because of their reputation taking a hit. The DA trying to put the out of business it was understandable :ehh:This year though him and Karen were unbearable though Foggy came through in the clutch bringing his gear:ehh:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
All yall saying this stay forgetting Luke Cage existed which was celebrated here on the Coli.

Luke Cage fell off harder in the second half of the season than any of the other shows. The Marvel TV formula is now codified: Starts slow, starts picking up steam, takes a big twist in the middle of the season, limps to the finale which is usually good. They haven't learned from this formula in 5 Netflix shows and 2 broadcast TV shows. It's pretty reasonable to expect the same thing to happen with The Punisher.

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Character wise Foggy took a serious step back:dwillhuh:Dude used to hate Matt suiting up but he understood why and tried to live with it in the early parts of s2. It was only because their cases were getting fd up that he started giving Matt the:ufdup:because of their reputation taking a hit. The DA trying to put the out of business it was understandable :ehh:This year though him and Karen were unbearable though Foggy came through in the clutch bringing his gear:ehh:
You would think they would be over this by now. DD ain't gonna live a normal life.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Luke Cage fell off harder in the second half of the season than any of the other shows. The Marvel TV formula is now codified: Starts slow, starts picking up steam, takes a big twist in the middle of the season, limps to the finale which is usually good. They haven't learned from this formula in 5 Netflix shows and 2 broadcast TV shows. It's pretty reasonable to expect the same thing to happen with The Punisher.
Lol... Luke Cage did not fall off. Yall nikkas need to calm down. Its ending was not as much as an explosion as the beginning but no way did it "fall off" and nor was it on the level of JJ or Iron Fist.

The Punisher actor is GOOD and the Punisher character[unlike JJ, Luke and Fist] is an easy character that you can not screw up.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

DDS2 did not start slow :what:

They dropped Punisher in EP1

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
People keep yapping about DD being the only good show. DD in Marvel is a SOLID B list character and some could argue that he is an A-lister. Like someone mentioned he not only has a solid fanbase but a solid villion base along with an already solid backstory. Iron Fist is barely even a B lister in Marvel but probably a C lister.

Luke Cage was good because while he does not have a solid backstory, fanbase or villain base like DD he in Marvel is a SOLID B-lister. And as of recently the character since the mid 2000s writers been building him up A LOT and unlike Iron Fist[correct me] he was an Avenger many times. More importantly he[excluding Black Panther] is Marvel's main BLACK go to character.

JJ I don't even have to go there. In Marvel I don't even know if she is even a C-lister!

But what I am getting at is that using JJ and IF for why this Netflix series is bad is retarded. Those characters are limited. More importantly anymore saying the Punisher show ius going to be bad is even more retarded. Punisher is ALMOST at DD's level. In Marvel he is a SOLID B-lister[moreso than Luke] and COULD potentially become an A-lister. Like DD he has a solid fanbase, villainbase[yes he has many villains he can use] and backstory. He has appeared in many comics[debuting in freaking Spiderman] UNLIKE with Iron Fist and JJ. Plus he is being played by a good actor.

I am willing to bet money that the Punisher show can be equal to DD or even surpass it.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Lol... Luke Cage did not fall off. Yall nikkas need to calm down. Its ending was not as much as an explosion as the beginning but no way did it "fall off" and nor was it on the level of JJ or Iron Fist.

The Punisher actor is GOOD and the Punisher character[unlike JJ, Luke and Fist] is an easy character that you can not screw up.

You can't reason with motherfukkers that thrive on misery breh. Nitpicking, dissatisfied customer type people who can't afford to enjoy something because they might miss a "flaw".

Just enjoy your viewing experience and avoid the crabs. :blessed:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

vCBaZIx_zpsxbua1wzf.png