Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
People keep yapping about DD being the only good show. DD in Marvel is a SOLID B list character and some could argue that he is an A-lister. Like someone mentioned he not only has a solid fanbase but a solid villion base along with an already solid backstory. Iron Fist is barely even a B lister in Marvel but probably a C lister.

Luke Cage was good because while he does not have a solid backstory, fanbase or villain base like DD he in Marvel is a SOLID B-lister. And as of recently the character since the mid 2000s writers been building him up A LOT and unlike Iron Fist[correct me] he was an Avenger many times. More importantly he[excluding Black Panther] is Marvel's main BLACK go to character.

JJ I don't even have to go there. In Marvel I don't even know if she is even a C-lister!

But what I am getting at is that using JJ and IF for why this Netflix series is bad is retarded. Those characters are limited. More importantly anymore saying the Punisher show ius going to be bad is even more retarded. Punisher is ALMOST at DD's level. In Marvel he is a SOLID B-lister[moreso than Luke] and COULD potentially become an A-lister. Like DD he has a solid fanbase, villainbase[yes he has many villains he can use] and backstory. He has appeared in many comics[debuting in freaking Spiderman] UNLIKE with Iron Fist and JJ. Plus he is being played by a good actor.

I am willing to bet money that the Punisher show can be equal to DD or even surpass it.

Their popularity as characters or in Marvel canon means nothing to the quality of the television show adaptations, though. Iron Man was a C lister to the public before 2008 and now is Batman/Spiderman/Superman tier because of a good movie that is still in the top two or three MCU movies. No one knew shyt about GOTG and those two movies exploded and now they're top tier.

The Punisher is a good character that has had 2 bad movies and 1 so comically over the top it's hard to take seriously on any level. Superman has more bad movies than good. Spiderman has as many bad as good. Batman has as many bad as good. Good writers/directors/actors can make a good product out of even shytty characters.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Do I need to watch all the series?

I only watched Luke Cage from beginning to end

If you actually want to know who the characters are, how they got here, & why they're so attached to the city.

I'm not being facetious because I know a few people that genuinely don't, they just jump in then backtrack later if it grabs them.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do I need to watch all the series?

I only watched Luke Cage from beginning to end
As far understanding the story and key plot elements all you need to watch is Season 2 of daredevil. Especially for all the hand and black sky stuff. Everything else is reintroduced or summarized again in this series. You don't need to know anything rand Corp or kilgrave or diamond back.